Thread: LA Galaxy and MLS 2015 Season

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    786 Post(s)

this contract does not guarantee and doesn't meet all the conditions that can give me stability, for my family and as a soccer player. The contract does not have a disposition for things to change, so it's better to leave now, with my head up.

such as......

2nd Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

I'm all for Penedo getting financial security for him and his family, but this whole situation makes him look bad. he came in at 75k and was making 175k this year that is quite an improvement in salary and to leave in the middle of your contract with no other offer on the table is asinine he left guaranteed money till December and a chance to win another title and improve his chances at better offers does not make sense to me just to make a point.

good luck to him but as a Galaxy fan he can go **** himself, while he plays in some south american country earning half of what he got here.

Keeper of Dewy's teeth
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    939 Post(s)

Now that we've seen a few games with Gio, boy he looks like a great fit. He's already showing chemistry with Keane and Gerrard. The Galaxy are likely to score a ton of goals down the stretch, and if their goalkeeping and backline hold up, they are going to be a huge favorite to win another Cup.

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    786 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KHenry14 View Post
    Now that we've seen a few games with Gio, boy he looks like a great fit. He's already showing chemistry with Keane and Gerrard. The Galaxy are likely to score a ton of goals down the stretch, and if their goalkeeping and backline hold up, they are going to be a huge favorite to win another Cup.
    So far so good. The two CCL teams they've played were terrible. That 2 on nobody in which Gio passed off to Keane was very unselfish and a good teammate move.

But a good away win in Dallas. Sunday should be a fun test.

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2037 Post(s)

I don't know about the Galaxy but the Women's National team is struggling up 6-1 against Costa Rica second half in a down-pour on ESPN.

It's all good man
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2884 Post(s)

Ok, if the Kings can win the Cup just one more time this year, they'll finally be able to go to the White House solo.

Team LGK
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    713 Post(s)

Epic collapse by the Galaxy over the last month. This was one of the most incredibly disappointing finishes, if not the most, for any team for which I've ever rooted.

Keeper of Dewy's teeth
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    939 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LetTigerIn View Post
    Epic collapse by the Galaxy over the last month. This was one of the most incredibly disappointing finishes, if not the most, for any team for which I've ever rooted.
    I agree 100%. This team should have rolled over the league, and instead it collapsed into mediocrity. Didn't help that their keeper quit on them in the middle of the season either.

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    786 Post(s)

I blame Penedo for the whole thing.

sort of.

I mean really the defense fell apart. I also think Gerrard had a real tough time adapting. It happened in the first half-season beckham played in too. Often at times I also felt like Juninho and Gerrard were almost playing the same role and didn't know how to move apart. But man with Keane, Dos Santos, Gerrard, Lletget and Juninho that was an epic collapse.
    Last edited by ucsdguy1; November 3rd, 2015 at 04:52 PM.

Team LGK
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    713 Post(s)

I shudder every time the Galaxy pick up a new player, and it's not a central defender. Of course, I've been doing that for a while, and they've collected a couple of MLS Cups since then, but it is more apparent than ever this year that they are lacking at the back.