Click Here!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Grilled Cheese with a twist

Default Grilled Cheese with a twist

next time you make a grilled cheese sandwich, use garlic butter.

GFG that's awesome!

I add pickles.
    I am a man of substance, of flesh and bone, fiber and liquids
- and I might even be said to possess a mind.

I am invisible, simply because people refuse to see me.
    ― Ralph Ellison

You can sprinkle some parm on it as well
    "We still have some guys that haven't scored since Jesus was a baby" - Sutter

Grilled onions, Irish butter, and pickles, yum

mince the garlic and shallots, mix with butter then spread on bread slices.
    I BELIEVE I'll have another beer!

Quote Originally Posted by orpheus View Post
    I add pickles.
    mmmm, I will try that next time as I do like a good pickle.

Quote Originally Posted by Butch 19 View Post
    next time you make a grilled cheese sandwich, use garlic butter.

GFG that's awesome!
    Have done this off and on for years when I want something a little different. You can also use regular butter and just dust it with a little garlic powder.

Instead of butter, try spreading a very thin layer of mayo on each slice of bread and put the mayo side down on the griddle.

See disclosure notice

Images

When the Grilled Cheese Invitational was still going on here in LA, I competed twice in it and won a silly trophy I proudly displayed on my shelf. My favorite grilled cheese I put together was made with a rustic french bread with cambozola blue cheese and a bacon/onion/date jam. I thought it was the cat's meow, but someone else won with some other blue cheese bomb thing. I also made a grilled cheese where the butter mimic'd the flavor of tomato soup, made a bread that was a recipe from my elementary school and put the greasiest cheddar and jack in it I could find. I called it the Lunch Lady. Supercalo2000 was at the last event with me. We had a blast.

I love grilled cheese...
    Disclosure Notice: The above listed post is that of a disgruntled hockey fan on the internet and in no way should be taken as truth or any substance. It does not reflect the views of the host website or its sponsors. If you are offended, please take a moment to reflect on what was written, and then ask yourself whether or not there should have been a “/sarcasm” next to the statement. If you feel the poster took the comment too far, write a letter to Santa. Maybe that will help.
    Now go away.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Tran View Post
    Instead of butter, try spreading a very thin layer of mayo on each slice of bread and put the mayo side down on the griddle.
    done that, and people look at me as if I were suffering from a heart attack.
    I BELIEVE I'll have another beer!