Click Here!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need Advice on Resturant in Corona.

Default Need Advice on Resturant in Corona.

I tried to find the "What to do in SoCal" thread but couldnt. Hate starting a new thread for this but oh well.

Anyone know of a good resturant in the Corona Area? My wife and daughter are in Anaheim this week (VidCon) and they want to meet my Dad somewhere around Corona for dinner on Wednesday night. My Pops is coming from Redlands so the Corona area is a good meeting spot. Price and type of food isnt a concern.

Thanks!
    "Quod tu es, ego fui, quod nunc sum et tu eris"

Been a while since I lived there but....

Silver Dollar Pancakes house was a good place for breakfast.

For Chinese we went to Hong Kong Restaurant....mainly because of its oh so clever and original name. Im guessing Lucky Wok was already taken. Seriously though, not the best and not the worst but its Corona so you settle. We liked this place because for togo orders you would take you own container and they would fill it with soup.

Eduardos Mexican....i am sure now there there may be some better places this place was always decent as a sit down family type place. Once again, not going to knock your socks off but if you are looking for a good margie with a typical mexican meal you can do worse.
    "You know, that sucks," said Doughty.

Click 4 LGK INTERNET RADIO ARCHIVE

Quote Originally Posted by Hipcheck View Post
    ...but its Corona so you settle.
    What?!? So you mean to tell me Corona hasnt changed one bit since I was last there 30 years ago??? GET OUT!

Seriously though, Thanks for the references. There seems to be a decent Sushi Resturant there too.
    Last edited by nocturn; July 20th, 2015 at 09:35 AM.

They have a maki yaki...generally passable sushi for a reasonable price.
    "You know, that sucks," said Doughty.

Click 4 LGK INTERNET RADIO ARCHIVE

I told her to stop by the Prado Dam find a "ATC" and charge that bigass dirt hill next to it.
    I also said if you jam Pat Benatar and squint real hard, you can see my life in 1980.

Quote Originally Posted by nocturn View Post
    I tried to find the "What to do in SoCal" thread but couldnt. Hate starting a new thread for this but oh well.

Anyone know of a good resturant in the Corona Area? My wife and daughter are in Anaheim this week (VidCon) and they want to meet my Dad somewhere around Corona for dinner on Wednesday night. My Pops is coming from Redlands so the Corona area is a good meeting spot. Price and type of food isnt a concern.

Thanks!
    I live in Corona so hopefully I can help.

For Italian, NYPD hands down. Giant servings, the Lasagna is amazing and the Pizza is authentic NY style. Located off Cajalco, 4 exits south on the 15. Personally my favorite place to eat in Corona.
    For Mexican, Eduardo's on 6th street. Or if you want something a bit more modern but still good, Miguel's Mexican Cocina (not the fast food version) off Cajalco as well in the Dos Lagos center. Luna Mexican Grill is very good a little more upscale and expensive and located off the Magnolia exit (1 exit south on the 15)
    Taps (fish, steaks, craft beers) and Citrus City Grille (wide variety). Both are very good and also off Cajalco.
    Twisted Gourmet is pretty good as well, off Hidden Valley (one exit North on the 15).
    For BBQ, I'd suggest Texas Roadhouse off McKinley.
    If you like Gastropubs, try Vino Veritas Wine Bar. Again, off Cajalco.
    I don't eat Sushi but if that floats your boat, Marui Sushi off Ontario (2 exits south on the 15) is a favorite of many of my friends.

Beyond that, you can do Friday's, Buffalo Wild Wings, BJ's, Chili's, Macaroni Grill, Wood Ranch, Claim Jumper...pretty much all the standard stuff. Really depends on what you are looking for and what type of food you like. Hopefully this gives you a couple ideas.
    Last edited by LAKingSteve; July 21st, 2015 at 04:58 PM.

I miss the Miguel's that was once in the parking lot of the Toyota dealer. Has gotten way to commercialized.

There's also a Tommy's in Corona.

Thanks guys. They're meeting at Miguel's tonight.

See disclosure notice

Images

Quote Originally Posted by LAKingSteve View Post
    I live in Corona so hopefully I can help....

Or if you want something a bit more modern but still good, Miguel's Mexican Cocina (not the fast food version)
    I'll second the Miguel's reference. I used to eat at the Miguel's Jr all the time on 6th and Lincoln, and it was the hot sauce that made the food. Since both are owned by the same family, you can't go wrong with the sit-down version of the place.
    Disclosure Notice: The above listed post is that of a disgruntled hockey fan on the internet and in no way should be taken as truth or any substance. It does not reflect the views of the host website or its sponsors. If you are offended, please take a moment to reflect on what was written, and then ask yourself whether or not there should have been a “/sarcasm” next to the statement. If you feel the poster took the comment too far, write a letter to Santa. Maybe that will help.
    Now go away.