Click Here!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is there a NOT-recommend-a-beer thread?

1st Scoring Line

Default Is there a NOT-recommend-a-beer thread?

Because I've got one. Oculto.

It's supposed to be Mexican but it's make by InBev, aka Anheuser-Busch, aka Bud. It's also supposed to be blue agave infused and aged in tequila barrels.

It's ****ing horrible. It's citrus-y and sweet and very carbonated with a horrible, almost chemically aftertaste. The best way to describe it is if you're sick and can't eat anything because you throw up. So you drink Sprite or 7Up and you end up vomiting that too. That's what Oculto tastes like. I bought a 6 pack the other day & it didn't seem bad at 1st. But each sip got worse & worse and I couldn't even finish the 2nd bottle. Then the past 2 days I've tried seeing if I could stomach any more and I can't. I'm going to throw away the rest of this. It's the worst beer I've drank in a long time. Worse than regular Budweiser, Bud Light, Bud Lite Lime (barely), Natty Light, Natty Ice, Old English, Lucky Lager or any of the beers they sell at the 99 Cent Store.

The Dolphin Cares!

I've been wanting to try that. lol. Only 'cause I like the art. I am a big Dia De Lost Muetos fan.

Dunno, I guess it's not technically beer, probably Malt Liquor, but Steel Reserve is one of the grossest things that I evenr tasted. I poured half of the bottle down the drain, lol, and I am a drunk. :P
    I am a man of substance, of flesh and bone, fiber and liquids
- and I might even be said to possess a mind.

I am invisible, simply because people refuse to see me.
    ― Ralph Ellison

What I've seen so far about this beer was that it was created strictly as a marketing venture. Everything is about either the packaging & design of the bottle or about capturing a certain marketing share. Taste for them doesn't seem to matter.

FIRE BETTMAN!!
    Images

I BELIEVE I'll have another beer!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Tran View Post
    What I've seen so far about this beer was that it was created strictly as a marketing venture. Everything is about either the packaging & design of the bottle or about capturing a certain marketing share. Taste for them doesn't seem to matter.
    So basically it's like any other beer brand made by AB Inbev?

One thing that confuses me with all these craft beers is how do I know if my beer is icy cold enough to drink if there's no blue mountains on the can?

mmmmm Taco's

Anchor steam is a beer that does not sit well with me at all for being a classic regional beer to the SF area.

I'll not pile onto the mass market beers since they can be good for what they are (a reliable product mass produced)

Another classic mass import beer that was popular for a while was Moosehead. It's like skunk in a bottle to me.

Selke Smooth

Quote Originally Posted by jammer06 View Post
    Anchor steam is a beer that does not sit well with me at all for being a classic regional beer to the SF area.

I'll not pile onto the mass market beers since they can be good for what they are (a reliable product mass produced)

Another classic mass import beer that was popular for a while was Moosehead. It's like skunk in a bottle to me.
    Hey i like Moosehead!
    "We still have some guys that haven't scored since Jesus was a baby" - Sutter

mmmmm Taco's

Quote Originally Posted by notbob View Post
    Hey i like Moosehead!
    You also like Rolling rock....

Lucky Luc!

Add this. Sugar bomb.

Selke Smooth

Quote Originally Posted by DRGinLBC View Post
    Add this. Sugar bomb.

Haha Beerman just put that in the recommend a beer thread
    "We still have some guys that haven't scored since Jesus was a baby" - Sutter