waxing poetic
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    805 Post(s)

Default Deleting McAfee from Windows 10

Bought a new laptop and the preinstalled McAfee is killing me. Any easy to remove this from my computer?

Quite frankly. I dont think Windows 10 is any better than Windows 8, which I was not a fan of. Maybe Im old school...

Anyhow, can I simply find the folder and uninstall like with other programs? Have heard the built in function means completly removing may be more complex.
    Im all ears....
    "If the Kings win the Stanley Cup, I'll invite you and three friends over to drink Patine Cellars Wine from the Stanley Cup." Jim Fox to Hipcheck 09/28/2015

Click 4 LGK INTERNET RADIO ARCHIVE

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    65 Post(s)

http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/deta...oval_tool.html

First run the uninstall from control panel>programs and features, then download and run the McAfee removal tool. You can also get it directly from their website if the source here concerns you.

I grew a Fatmanchu.
    Images
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    202 Post(s)

If you right click on the bottom left Windows icon you'll be able to see the Control Panel > Uninstall a program

Otherwise they made it simpler (sarcastic) by left clicking the Windows Icon > Settings > System > Apps & features > search or type in the app name then click on icon then Uninstall.

Here's the link to the McAfee Consumer Product Removal tool.

http://download.mcafee.com/products/...tches/MCPR.exe

Also don't forget to disable any extensions you see in Internet Explorer/Chrome/Firefox after you do all of this.

This probably explains why the creator of McAfee went on a drug binge and killed a man in Belize.
    Last edited by Kingsfan626; October 28th, 2015 at 10:07 AM.

waxing poetic
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    805 Post(s)

Thanks all.....much appreciated.
    "If the Kings win the Stanley Cup, I'll invite you and three friends over to drink Patine Cellars Wine from the Stanley Cup." Jim Fox to Hipcheck 09/28/2015

Click 4 LGK INTERNET RADIO ARCHIVE

3rd Line Role Player
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)

Revo Uninstaller Pro helps you to uninstall software and remove unwanted programs installed on your computer easily! Even if you have problems uninstalling and cannot uninstall them from "Windows Programs and Features (Add or Remove Programs)" control panel applet.

Revo Uninstaller is a much faster and more powerful alternative to "Windows Programs and Features (Add or Remove Programs)" applet! It has very powerful features to uninstall and remove programs.