3rd Line Role Player
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    39 Post(s)

Default Quick and Enroth

The Kings are so solid in net right now.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    283 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GoKings! View Post
    The Kings are so solid in net right now.
    Until next year or the year after when Enroth gets traded because teams will want him like Bernier and Jones.

What sucks is, Enroth will still only see maybe 10-12 games no matter how good he plays. Then in 2-3 years from now when Quick's style of play really catches up to him, along with playing in 85%-90% of the games + playoffs, we will wish we had one of these 3 goalies.

Gross Impressions
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    210 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bojanglz View Post
    Until next year or the year after when Enroth gets traded because teams will want him like Bernier and Jones.

What sucks is, Enroth will still only see maybe 10-12 games no matter how good he plays. Then in 2-3 years from now when Quick's style of play really catches up to him, along with playing in 85%-90% of the games + playoffs, we will wish we had one of these 3 goalies.
    I absolutely agree that we will have no options whatsoever 2-3 years from now other than wishing that we had one of these 3 goalies. Kings management has absolutely no vision...they're all just a bunch of window lickers. This organization is a liability and should be traded.

Hit the net!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    119 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bojanglz View Post

my only contention with your point, is that the Kings have now found found what one could argue as 5 (Quick, Bernier, Scrivens, Jones, Enroth) very good goaltenders year after year and you are asserting that they cannot keep doing it. I am not understanding why you think they cannot continue to find goalies that are capable. Also JQ has not declined at all, why are you so certain that he will decline in a short time? If you want to make the argument that we can have other goaltenders play similarly with less investment, I suppose that is possible, but I do not agree. How people continue to talk about how they know JQ will decline in X number of years is a very big assumption.

Perhaps, Bill Ranford deserves some credit for teaching every goaltender that comes to him that if they take the shooter, the defenses job is to eliminate all other options, so challenge the puck and trust the defense, make the initial save and control your rebounds and you will do well.

2nd Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    52 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kingscup4426 View Post
    ... Also JQ has not declined at all, why are you so certain that he will decline in a short time?
    I'm not Bojanglz and I'm not in agreement with his assessment, but I think his concern for JQ long-term has to do with his physical style of play. Some believe (maybe rightly so -- who knows??) that his physical and acrobatic style of play will take a toll on his body as opposed to positional-less-movement type goalies.

I guess time will tell.

Cheers,

Andrew K
    Last edited by KingzLA; November 13th, 2015 at 09:40 AM.

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1989 Post(s)

btw, they have a pretty good defense as well.

The One & Only
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    454 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by job View Post
    I absolutely agree that we will have no options whatsoever 2-3 years from now other than wishing that we had one of these 3 goalies. Kings management has absolutely no vision...they're all just a bunch of window lickers. This organization is a liablity and should be traded.
    fixed

4th Line Rabble-Rouser
    Images
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1120 Post(s)

I love both of these guys and appreciate their different styles of play. Quick is such a beast and so well respected by other tendies, his style is freakin' amazing. Sometimes he does over commit in anticipation of the play, but it doesn't happen very often. He is so explosive and powerful with his butterfly pushes it gives me a boner. Enroth on the other hand isn't as big, and is more of a stay at home goalie (I see my style of tending like Enroth's). He is very fundamentally sound. In the long term it seems like a stay at home goalie would have better longevity (less wear and tear) than a goalie with Quick's style.

We all know how hard Sutter rides Quick, it would be great to see more of Enroth...even though we probably won't.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    469 Post(s)

I hate enroth's rebounds...and that will cost us a game or 2 I am sure of that..its easy to see why his former teams dumped him..cause without our D he gives up 3+ every night

4th Line Rabble-Rouser
    Images
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1120 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jran View Post
    I hate enroth's rebounds...and that will cost us a game or 2 I am sure of that..its easy to see why his former teams dumped him..cause without our D he gives up 3+ every night
    Any competent defenseman should be able to swat a rebound to the boards. And any competent defenseman should be tying up any opponent in/near/around the crease. It is impossible for a goalie to absorb and control every shot.