Thread: Word has it that Jakes Hockey Shop.....

4th Line Rabble-Rouser
    Images
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1120 Post(s)

Default Word has it that Jakes Hockey Shop.....

....is taking up new residence at Lakewood Ice. The old Lakewood pro shop sucked, hard! Looking forward to seeing how this pans out. Hopefully it is a bit more organized than their current or former? location they moved into a year or two ago.

1st Line Role Player
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    19 Post(s)

Yeah, i heard the same. Saw them moving in last week. Forgot what they said about opening date. They probably lost some business when the TSC shop opened up. Good for Jake and Lakewood players. He hooked me up on a holder repair and would definitely go see him again. I had some gear I wanted to take to him but never got a chance to make it to El Segundo. Saves me a drive.

1st Line Role Player
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    19 Post(s)

Looks like they're open now. At least I saw an Open sign the other night. I wouldn't know for sure since Lakewood likes to schedule my games late after the shop closes

There is way more inventory than the last owners though. When I talked to the worker last time, he said the owner thought he made more money selling tape and sharpenings, so he stopped carrying stock for everything else. Doesn't seem like a great idea for a business to grow, but I guess that's why they're not here anymore.

4th Line Rabble-Rouser
    Images
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1120 Post(s)

Rad. I had a game at 5:20pm last night on Rink B, didn't even think to go check out the shop.