Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Single Player game out right now? (PS4)

King
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    83 Post(s)

Default Best Single Player game out right now? (PS4)

Hey all!

Well the holidays are over and there are a bunch of new games out there. I'll be honest, Star Wars Battlefront ended up being kind of disappointing. I play it with friends, but I NEVER log in when playing alone. It just doesn't have that draw. My friends are trying to convince me to get CoD, but this is the first CoD since 3 that I did not buy on release day and after playing the beta, I'm just not in to it. So, what good single player games is everyone playing?

I know there's Fallout 4, Assassins Creed, the Tom Clancy game, and a friend is playing Just Cause 3. I'm leaning towards Fallout (I LOVED New Vegas), but I'm open to any good single player game now. What are you guys playing?

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3775 Post(s)

If you were not into the Black Ops 3 beta, then I would skip it. It plays exactly the same as the beta and it's your usual Treyarch kind of game with poor hit detection (compared to Infinity Ward and Sledgehammer). Don't get me wrong though, I think it's fun as hell. Part of the challenge now is trying to keep up with the kiddies who can jump shot with ease. =x

As for single player, if you loved New Vegas, then maybe Fallout 4 is a good choice. I'm personally never got into the Fallout series so I passed on Fallout 4.

Bloodborne gets mentioned a lot but that kind of game is only for a niche crowd. It's definitely not for everyone. I think it helps if you like Dark Souls but I don't know. You might have to do research on that if you haven't played it yet. The Uncharted Collection is great if you haven't played that series yet. I'm still working on Dragon Age: Inquisition. It's an RPG that's kind of like Mass Effect but with magic instead of shooting.

However, I'm more of a JRPG guy. I'm having a blast playing FFVII. Especially since I haven't played it since the good ol' PS1 days. I'm waiting for the FFVII Remake and FFXV. Expecting good things from those games.

As for what I'm personally playing it's just mostly Black Ops 3 (multiplayer only, don't care about the single player), FFVII, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Uncharted Collection, WWE2K16, MLB The Show 15, and NHL 16.
    Facebook: facebook.com/grtoocool Twitter: @LGKTooCool

LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

Rink Dawg

Nyssa's Minion
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3734 Post(s)

I really should move on from Link to the past.......

I don't rattle, kid.
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2381 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jammer06 View Post
    I really should move on from Link to the past.......
    At this point I think you're probably ready for Ocarina of Time.

Nyssa's Minion
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3734 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kubrick View Post
    At this point I think you're probably ready for Ocarina of Time.
    I need to get a new controller for the 64, mine went wonky and I went back to the snes.....like 7 years ago...

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    478 Post(s)

I just got my platinum for Assassin's Creed Syndicate and I do have to say it the best one not starring Ezio Auditore. The one drawback is that, like most AC games, it is not especially difficult. The gameplay is fantastic, the missions are put together extremely well, the small tasks are very fun as well, you get to play two characters and both are great.

I feel like such a badass shooting my zip line across from one rooftop to another, sliding across over a street in between the buildings, dropping down onto a carriage below, stabbing the baddie driving the carriage in the head, tossing him to the street, and driving off in his carriage.

But you really should get Batman if you haven't played it. It is close to perfection.

Sieben Biere Bitte!
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    65 Post(s)

I'd recommend the witcher 3. Great game.

Team LGK
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1811 Post(s)

Destiny is the only game you should ever want or play.

Don't bother with anything from the Call of Duty franchise. Its just a bunch of punk kids who cheat.
    at the draft party a couple of years ago, and under a considerable haze, i heard Birdman yell out the following (about 4 or 5 times, i think) - "don't marry yourselves to players!" he went on to reiterate that idea more than once on the boards, and i believe it to be absolutely sage.

---gescom

2nd Scoring Line
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)

I live on Destiny, if on XBone, hit me up, gamer tag is same as LGK user name. Always looking for good raid partners.

Team LGK
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    157 Post(s)

I'll second AC:Syndicate. I have more hours into this game than I'd like to admit.
    "Funny thing I haven't heard Beat LA for a while here. Music to MY ears." - Bob Miller LA at SJ 10/22/2015