Thread: Rams returning to LA

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    521 Post(s)

Chargers, yes, born in LA but only played one season I believe (1960). The Rams going back makes more sense than Oakland or San Diego. At least with the Rams going back it makes all my LA RAMS stuff relevant again. I did follow them when they left LA and still like them but LA Rams sounds so much better than St. Louis Rams.

Platonically Solid
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    240 Post(s)

So, in twenty years are the Rams going to relocate back to Cleveland?

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    521 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dicenerd View Post
    So, in twenty years are the Rams going to relocate back to Cleveland?
    Nah, Cleveland already has a crappy football team. Who, in 20 years, will still be crappy.

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    687 Post(s)

The whole team the Chargers have been saying they can't afford to lose the LA market (i.e. "25% of our season ticket base is from Orange County/LA". sure)

Now they all of a sudden want to go back and negotiate with san diego (maybe) to stay there? They don't think having the Rams, and potentially the Raiders, in LA would kill that 25% or more? I live in the SFV and aside from me, haven't really seen charger fans anywhere up here. Much more when I lived in south orange county I gues (although those were the Marty years)

I suppose they don't care so much about the fan level, as with TV money and revenue sharing they'll be fine and have a nice bump in net value. But man people in san diego this morning are talking like this is the hail mary that connected and all will be well now.

If they're going to move to LA, you better do it quick and don't give the Rams a big headstart in selling tickets/advertising, etc. You also gotta give time for planning preseason training, league schedules, amongst other issues. And don't be a lame duck in san diego for a year.

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    687 Post(s)

oh, and am I just a cynic or did Dean Spanos look terrible in that press conference? Speak like a human, don't read off a card and leave early.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    258 Post(s)

My reaction: So, when is the Kings' next game?

Do or Do Not!
    Images
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    930 Post(s)

I think Jim Rome and Jim Everett should talk about the Rams return.

I am the Monkey King, I can do Anything.

It's
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    107 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bogey View Post
    I remember the video of her waving her fist in the air after she moved them to St. Louis.
    Pissed me off, and I'm not even a fan.
    I remember the video of her holding the Lombardi trophy saying something like, "This shows I made the right decision."
    Pissed me off, and I'm not even a fan either.

Bar room hero
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    716 Post(s)

A great injustice reversed!

I hated Georgia even before she moved the team. She deliberately drove the team in the ground and anyone who was paying attention knew she was up to something a couple of years before the move. She was truly a vile human being. BTW the movie "Major League" was written and produced by a couple of Rams fans and they said it was based off Georgia and the Rams but they made it a baseball movie so they would not get sued.

When the Rams moved I was going to burn all my Rams gear but then I heard a report that there was a opt-out of STL after 20 years if certain conditions were not met. Optimist me then said "There is a chance!"

So last night I got my "Rams Stuff" box out of the garage (it had made a couple of moves with me) and broke it open. My gear had not seen the light of day for something like 21 years.

So this morning I had a cup of tea in one of my LA Rams coffee cups and I am wearing my Jackie Slater signed LA Rams hat.

I am pretty happy. Slightly happier than the day I heard that the evil hag Georgia croaked.
    Last edited by Kings Provisional; January 13th, 2016 at 01:52 PM.

Stanley Cup Champions !!
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    350 Post(s)

Yep. I have never used the C-word on anyone but her. I have also never celebrated someone dying before. But I danced when that C died.
    When the Rams come back they better not bring that ugly showgirl gold uniform and give us back the LA blue and gold. (or blue and white)

The Kings are the only LA born and raised team in town.