Do or Do Not!
    Images
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    930 Post(s)

We need Lee "Hacksaw" Hamilton as the new voice of the LA Rams!

I am the Monkey King, I can do Anything.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    272 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mitchrock View Post
    I think Jim Rome and Jim Everett should talk about the Rams return.
    You mean Chrissy Everett?

Do or Do Not!
    Images
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    930 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mrm55 View Post
    Watch out, he'll know you out of your chair.

Team LGK
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    42 Post(s)

Maybe the can get ex Rams cheerleader Lisa Guerrero to do side line reporting. I thought she was really good, don't know why she got so much grief I know it didn't have anything to do with when she made Rodman cry.

Bar room hero
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    735 Post(s)

Now I am in sort of a bad mood. A victim of nostalgia and booze! I'm not hammered, had a nice drink to celebrate the Rams return.

But then It came to me, that heartless feckless whore deprived me of two decades of my favorite NFL team. She robbed me of over 20 YEARS!!!!

(Don't think she was horrible? After her husband and Ram owner Carroll Rosenbloom died under somewhat mysterious circumstances, a PBS documentary suggested murder, and she surprisingly inherited control of the team she promptly fired her stepkids from the Rams organization. What a bitch!)

I think I need another drink!

WereApe
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    72 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kings Provisional View Post
    Now I am in sort of a bad mood. A victim of nostalgia and booze! I'm not hammered, had a nice drink to celebrate the Rams return.

But then It came to me, that heartless feckless whore deprived me of two decades of my favorite NFL team. She robbed me of over 20 YEARS!!!!

(Don't think she was horrible? After her husband and Ram owner Carroll Rosenbloom died under somewhat mysterious circumstances, a PBS documentary suggested murder, and she surprisingly inherited control of the team she promptly fired her stepkids from the Rams organization. What a bitch!)

I think I need another drink!
    We all need another drink.

All Star
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1169 Post(s)

Reports are chargers will be moving to la by March. They are working on contract details

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dorkus Malorkus
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    407 Post(s)

A great injustice reversed!

I hated Georgia even before she moved the team. She deliberately drove the team in the ground and anyone who was paying attention knew she was up to something a couple of years before the move. She was truly a vile human being. BTW the movie "Major League" was written and produced by a couple of Rams fans and they said it was based off Georgia and the Rams but they made it a baseball movie so they would not get sued.

When the Rams moved I was going to burn all my Rams gear but then I heard a report that there was a opt-out of STL after 20 years if certain conditions were not met. Optimist me then said "There is a chance!"

So last night I got my "Rams Stuff" box out of the garage (it had made a couple of moves with me) and broke it open. My gear had not seen the light of day for something like 21 years.

So this morning I had a cup of tea in one of my LA Rams coffee cups and I am wearing my Jackie Slater signed LA Rams hat.

I am pretty happy. Slightly happier than the day I heard that the evil hag Georgia croaked.
    For me the Rams died the day Carroll Rosenbloom drowned. I also think him making the decision to move to Anaheim also didn't help. For whatever reason I've never liked the teams here (I was raised in OC and lived here all my life). I never liked the Angels or later the Ducks (obviously) so when the Rams moved it really didn't sit well with me.

Now all the Rams need are a few tragic losses to the Vikings and Cowboys in the NFC Championship game and all will be back to normal!!

jom

Bar room hero
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    735 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mrm55 View Post
    I always thought he got a raw deal on this.

He started out doing pretty good. He was a non-mobile pocket QB. He came in with Eric Dickerson as RB and one of the best offensive lines in the league.

Then the dismantling of the team takes place. Dickerson is soon dealt for far less than he was worth, one by one the OL is sent away. TE Pete Holohan, a clutch guy with great hands is allowed to walk, Rams don't even try to keep him.

Now Everett has a crappy running game, an even crappier O-line and mediocre receivers.

Now this pocket QB gets "Lookout!" blocks and has to run for life every other play, but as mentioned, he is not very mobile. So he gets killed all game long. Sacks, knock downs and hard tackles when he runs for a yard. It adds up and he starts to get gun shy, he starts to go down easy when he feels contact, once even falling when there was no contact.

He takes a lot of heat for this and is embarrassed by it.

A young and brash Rome with a fairly new show is trying to make a name for himself and seperate his show from the "establishment" radio shows. So Rome mocks and ridicules Everett mercilessly. Now to be honest Everett did deserves some criticism because, hey, its football and getting hit is part of the game, but Romes takes it too far: he never mentions how the Rams are being driven into the ground, how Georgia is up to something evil and how Everett is one of the most sacked QBs in the NFL. He just makes fun of Everett, on a personal level, non-stop.

So Everett agrees to an interview on Rome's new TV show. Before it happens Evertt's people convey that he really does not like being called "Chrissy", and he wants to tell his side of the story. Rome's people say "no problem", he won't call him "Chrissy".

So we know what happened. At the start of the interview Rome calls him "Chris". Everett asks him not to and they have an exchange in which Everett is calm and respectfull and Rome is a snarky D-bag. It ends when Everett states something to the effect of "I bet you don't call that to my face one more time" and Rome responds with "I bet I Do!" and then the table is thrown and Everett takes Rome down like a ragdoll.

Rome in the following days talks about how unprofessional Everett was and gets all butthurt when he is criticized by other media folks and numerous NFL players come out and say that he deserved more of beating at the hands of Everett.

Rome had it coming. And I have heard in recent years when this is mentioned, and it very rarely is brought up, Rome actually admits, in so many words, he was out of line and sort of had it coming.
    Last edited by Kings Provisional; January 14th, 2016 at 02:42 PM.

Do or Do Not!
    Images
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    930 Post(s)

I always thought he got a raw deal on this.

He started out doing pretty good. He was a non-mobile pocket QB. He came in with Eric Dickerson as RB and one of the best offensive lines in the league.

Then the dismantling of the team takes place. Dickerson is soon dealt for far less than he was worth, one by one the OL is sent away. TE Pete Holohan, a clutch guy with great hands is allowed to walk, Rams don't even try to keep him.

Now Everett has a crappy running game, an even crappier O-line and mediocre receivers.

Now this pocket QB gets "Lookout!" blocks and has to run for life every other play, but as mentioned, he is not very mobile. So he gets killed all game long. Sacks, knock downs and hard tackles when he runs for a yard. It adds up and he starts to get gun shy, he starts to go down easy when he feels contact, once even falling when there was no contact.

He takes a lot of heat for this and is embarrassed by it.

A young and brash Rome with a fairly new show is trying to make a name for himself and seperate his show from the "establishment" radio shows. So Rome mocks and ridicules Everett mercilessly. Now to be honest Everett did deserves some criticism because, hey, its football and getting hit is part of the game, but Romes takes it too far: he never mentions how the Rams are being driven into the ground, how Georgia is up to something evil and how Everett is one of the most sacked QBs in the NFL. He just makes fun of Everett, on a personal level, non-stop.

So Everett agrees to an interview on Rome's new TV show. Before it happens Evertt's people convey that he really does not like being called "Chrissy", and he wants to tell his side of the story. Rome's people say "no problem", he won't call him "Chrissy".

So we know what happened. At the start of the interview Rome calls him "Chris". Everett asks him not to and they have an exchange in which Everett is calm and respectfull and Rome is a snarky D-bag. It ends when Everett states something to the effect of "I bet you don't call that to my face one more time" and Rome responds with "I bet I Do!" and then the table is thrown and Everett takes Rome down like a ragdoll.

Rome in the following days talks about how unprofessional Everett was and gets all butthurt when he is criticized by other media folks and numerous NFL players come out and say that he deserved more of beating at the hands of Everett.

Rome had it coming. And I have heard in recent years when this is mentioned, and it very rarely is brought up, Rome actually admits, in so many words, he was out of line and sort of had it coming.
    He had it coming, but it was GREAT TV! I'm all about the entertainment value. sorry, but if I look for integrity, I get disappointed.