what I am, you shall be
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1133 Post(s)

Default The Division

Anyone play the beta? Its going to be a killer game. Had fun with it. Already ordered.

I grew a Fatmanchu.
    Images
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    229 Post(s)

I played the beta and I'm less excited about the game than before. I'm hoping the rumor of a 2nd open beta in 2 weeks will change my mind. It was fun to play with the wife but there are too many dead zones where there's no action except for 1 or 2 low level thugs outside of the dark zone.

One other thing that bugged me was in the dark zone if someone shoots you and goes rogue and a group of people go after the rogue team if you friendly fire because the rogue agent keeps getting close to other people you eventually turn rogue yourself. After a couple of times that this happened we didn't know who to shoot anymore.

But it's finally great to play a UbiSoft game without starting off with how horrible the game is.

what I am, you shall be
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1133 Post(s)

Its beta, not worried about content yet. The mechanics, physics and textures were amazing though. I wasn't too sure about the 3rd person shooter aspect but after a bit, it didn't bother me.

They're fine tuning things. I'm sure it will be up to snuff. The bones are all there.

edit: 45 thread views in 2 hours? lol! The viewbot overlords on lgk are real!
    Last edited by nocturn; February 5th, 2016 at 11:21 AM.

I grew a Fatmanchu.
    Images
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    229 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nocturn View Post
    Its beta, not worried about content yet. The mechanics, physics and textures were amazing though. I wasn't too sure about the 3rd person shooter aspect but after a bit, it didn't bother me.

They're fine tuning things. I'm sure it will be up to snuff. The bones are all there.

edit: 45 thread views in 2 hours? lol! The viewbot overlords on lgk are real!
    The problem with this beta is there isn't enough content to determine how great it can be. I'm still going to play it and have 2 copies pre-ordered for PS4 for me and the wife and she loves it but I guess I'm bored with this game because it feels like Starwars Battlefront MMO because the shooting is hit or miss with no real skill required. I'm also comparing this game to Borderlands which was created with comedy in mind but with the same concept you could spend 100s of bullets to kill enemies but they knew exactly how to include headshots.

All of the enemies are running around like Michael Brown and I need more than the 5 shots to take them down.

what I am, you shall be
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1133 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kingsfan626 View Post
    The problem with this beta is there isn't enough content to determine how great it can be. I'm still going to play it and have 2 copies pre-ordered for PS4 for me and the wife and she loves it but I guess I'm bored with this game because it feels like Starwars Battlefront MMO because the shooting is hit or miss with no real skill required. I'm also comparing this game to Borderlands which was created with comedy in mind but with the same concept you could spend 100s of bullets to kill enemies but they knew exactly how to include headshots.

All of the enemies are running around like Michael Brown and I need more than the 5 shots to take them down.
    Like I said, its just the beta. Its a bug finding exercise disguised as a teaser, nothing more nothing less.

Anyway, I think the recipe is there for a great game. I think the full release will reflect that. As *****ty a rep as Ubi has gotten over the past few years, I thing this game is headed in the right direction.

what I am, you shall be
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1133 Post(s)

All that being said, the potential for this game being one dimensional is very high. I'd like to doubt that with as much R&D its gotten over the past 5+ years, but this is Ubi we're talking about.

Only time will tell.

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3775 Post(s)

I'll admit, it does look good but I'm not going to support Ubisoft at this time. It looks like they're going the dirtbag Destiny route (Activision and Bungie) where they're pretty much forcing you to buy the DLC and Expansion Packs or get locked out of certain events.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/the.../1100-6434263/

Everyone who buys The Division's DLC pass will also get a sawed-off shotgun and a set of outfits and weapons skins. Additionally, DLC pass owners get access to "special monthly benefits including exclusive content drops and special events," though no further details were announced.
    But if you are okay with the practices that Destiny did, then I'm sure you'll have zero problems with this one. Either way though, I'll wait to see what the reviews and general consensus of the gamers say before I even think about giving this another look.
    Facebook: facebook.com/grtoocool Twitter: @LGKTooCool

LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

Rink Dawg

what I am, you shall be
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1133 Post(s)

Although I can see the reason for your high brow approach, I wouldn't hammer Bungie about the DLC thing. It's well documented it was Activision that had bungie chop the back end of Destiny to sell. Bungie f-ed the storyline up on their own accord.
    Last edited by nocturn; February 6th, 2016 at 08:12 AM.

what I am, you shall be
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1133 Post(s)

what I am, you shall be
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)