AAAAAAAAAARGGGHH!!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    230 Post(s)

Default Parent brag thread

Anybody want a place to brag on their kids?

My older boy, nine games into his mite season (8u), has 27 goals. Unfortunately playing in the Ducks league due to geographic concerns.

Thought I would drop a neat little sequence, shot by Grandpa:

Yeah, you can read his name. Don't stalk me.

AAAAAAAAAARGGGHH!!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    230 Post(s)

Little brother (age 6) plays on the same team. Unfortunately no pics of his one goal this season. My little guy is still trying to figure the trick of skating and stick-handling at the same time, but he deserves his own shots too:

These three all from different games. The last one he forgot his socks.

Nyssa's Minion
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3061 Post(s)

Lol, mine just started mites up here in oakland. Got a breakaway and. Agoal in his first game (which he also ran the goalie and knocked off the net but hey it counted right?)

Sharks ice is so far pretty cool in the way they run it, there are some seriously talented kids out there though

Come back zinc !
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    182 Post(s)

Wow. Reminds me of taking my nephew to sticktime as a little one. Getting a little misty eyed.

Enjoy the moment. It's a beautiful thing. My nephew still remembers me giving him props on making a good under-appreciated defensive play that broke a sure-fire 2-1 while my other relatives only cheered at the goals.

He is now 14 and itching to get back to the ice. Luckily his cousins (4yr old girl and 8yr old boy) are now into hockey. (Whew !!!)

It would be nice to have a Jr. Team LGK. LoL.

4th Line Rabble-Rouser
    Images
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1145 Post(s)

Thats really cool! I can't wait until my daughter is old enough to skate, she is only 7 months old.

Nyssa's Minion
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3061 Post(s)

Every parents worst nightmare happened last week at practice. Minijammer went to the coach after and asked "Can I play goalie?"

waxing poetic
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    795 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jammer06 View Post
    Every parents worst nightmare happened last week at practice. Minijammer went to the coach after and asked "Can I play goalie?"
    Better bring your Visa Card!
    "If the Kings win the Stanley Cup, I'll invite you and three friends over to drink Patine Cellars Wine from the Stanley Cup." Jim Fox to Hipcheck 09/28/2015

Click 4 LGK INTERNET RADIO ARCHIVE

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2019 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by beedee View Post
    Thats really cool! I can't wait until my daughter is old enough to skate, she is only 7 months old.
    That is too late, she should be on the ice before she walks. What kind of parent are you???

Nyssa's Minion
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3061 Post(s)

Good news to report from the Mrs, minijammer had to skate out this week, got his first hat trick and a couple of assists. Also got a talking to for retaliating when another kid knocked him down. Hoping that he likes scoring goals more than stopping them.

AAAAAAAAAARGGGHH!!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    230 Post(s)

So, the Anaheim Ducks IH Mite Spring regular-season came to an end this weekend.

Last game was a thrilling 8-7 victory, with several lead changes and actual physical play (such as it is). Boy #1 scored four of the team's eight goals... including the game-winner in the last minute on a breakaway that started in the defensive zone. It's an interesting feeling having a bleacher-full of parents (crammed onto those tiny bleachers at Westminster), most of whom you don't even know, standing up screaming your kid's name... and then going bananas when he dekes the goalie and buries it forehand.

Boy #1 finished with around 40 goals (they never kept track, and I lost count somewhere along the way) and is getting kicked up to squirt. Boy #2 had his lone goal, but finished the season actually using both hands on his stick, so we have great optimism there for the future, ha ha!

Supposedly, there will be some playoff games in April, but nothing official yet.