Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    19 Post(s)

Talking G'Day All!

Hey Everyone,

I registered a while back, but completely forgot to introduce myself! I'm Caine, from Victoria, Australia. I'm only a recent convert to the great sport of Ice Hockey, but have studied hard to learn as much as I can since becoming a Kings fan at the start of 2015.

It was almost pure chance how it happened. We were finalising the details of a trip to California - based around attending Wrestlemania 31, which was awesome! - and decided we would love to visit Staples Centre. We originally looked at getting Lakers tickets, but the cost on Stubhub was huge. I checked the Staples schedule for alternatives, and found the Kings v Canucks game that was being played on March 21st. We found some great seats in the second row next to the Canucks bench at a good price, and everything was booked!

Now that we had tickets, I decided that I had better at least learn the basics about the sport, so I subscribed to Gamecenter and began watching the Kings games. From there, I fell in love, not only with the sport itself, but the Kings franchise. It was only after I had watched a few games and began reading up on the history of the Kings that I found out they had won 2 of the last 3 Cups - I'm still kicking myself that I didn't discover the Team earlier!

Despite the 4-1 scoreline, I had an amazing time at the game, and now consider myself a passionate, devoted Kings fan. I never miss a game - not even ones like the upcoming Devils game that will start at 4.30am Monday morning Australian time - and make sure I learn something new about the sport every day. We're currently planning on our next visit to L.A, which will be over Christmas. The trip will be planned around a 5 day stay in Anaheim, that will hopefully include a Kings v Ducks game at Honda Centre, but apart from that it'll be based on the Kings schedule. Hopefully there's a good home stand! Anyway, that's enough about me, looking forward to joining in the discussions!

Cheers,
    Caine.

The Dolphin Cares!
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1911 Post(s)

Howdy!

Nyssa's Minion
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3270 Post(s)

Welcome! Look forward to your next visit

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3379 Post(s)

Welcome to LGK! You're in the right place when it comes to discussing all things Kings (and other crap) here.

And you're a wrasslin fan to boot? You rock!!!!!!
    Facebook: facebook.com/grtoocool Twitter: @LGKTooCool

LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

Rink Dawg

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) \_(ツ)_/
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    969 Post(s)

Wait, what?! Californians visit Australia, not the other way around!

Kidding...sort of. I'm dying to visit your country, mate - and your neighbors to the east in Fiji. Diving the GBR and with whites is on the bucket list.

Welcome to the family!

Bring on Vancouver!
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1199 Post(s)

Super cool, welcome aboard man!

3rd Line Role Player
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    19 Post(s)

Thanks all! Very excited today as we've just booked our flights for our next visit to your awesome Country! Slight change of plans, but we're now coming over from November 6th to the 26th. Hopefully there's a nice long home stand in those three weeks. And we get to be there for Thanksgiving which will be cool. Can't wait!

Selke Smooth
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1243 Post(s)

You Aussies and your month long vacations. Welcome to the boards
    "We still have some guys that haven't scored since Jesus was a baby" - Sutter

User formerly known as

Bar room hero
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    841 Post(s)

Welcome! Love to have you! You have come to the right place!

defence8

Quote Originally Posted by AussieLAKing View Post
    Hey Everyone,

I registered a while back, but completely forgot to introduce myself! I'm Caine, from Victoria, Australia. I'm only a recent convert to the great sport of Ice Hockey, but have studied hard to learn as much as I can since becoming a Kings fan at the start of 2015.

It was almost pure chance how it happened. We were finalising the details of a trip to California - based around attending Wrestlemania 31, which was awesome! - and decided we would love to visit Staples Centre. We originally looked at getting Lakers tickets, but the cost on Stubhub was huge. I checked the Staples schedule for alternatives, and found the Kings v Canucks game that was being played on March 21st. We found some great seats in the second row next to the Canucks bench at a good price, and everything was booked!

Now that we had tickets, I decided that I had better at least learn the basics about the sport, so I subscribed to Gamecenter and began watching the Kings games. From there, I fell in love, not only with the sport itself, but the Kings franchise. It was only after I had watched a few games and began reading up on the history of the Kings that I found out they had won 2 of the last 3 Cups - I'm still kicking myself that I didn't discover the Team earlier!

Despite the 4-1 scoreline, I had an amazing time at the game, and now consider myself a passionate, devoted Kings fan. I never miss a game - not even ones like the upcoming Devils game that will start at 4.30am Monday morning Australian time - and make sure I learn something new about the sport every day. We're currently planning on our next visit to L.A, which will be over Christmas. The trip will be planned around a 5 day stay in Anaheim, that will hopefully include a Kings v Ducks game at Honda Centre, but apart from that it'll be based on the Kings schedule. Hopefully there's a good home stand! Anyway, that's enough about me, looking forward to joining in the discussions!

Cheers,
    Caine.
    Welcome & enjoy this great game of Hockey & a great team.