Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3465 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aaron View Post
    God damn it's a long off season.
    Out of the playoff picture since June. It's brutal for sure.

Skaggs had a good outing for his first game back in 2 years last night. That was good. Happy for him.

But man, this roster needs a huge overhaul in the off-season. Especially the bullpen. All the injuries we have this year.. there's nothing we can do about that either. Just another year of Trout that is wasted.
    Facebook: facebook.com/grtoocool Twitter: @LGKTooCool

LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

Rink Dawg

Team LGK
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    145 Post(s)

Only Scioscia would waste 15 minutes arguing and then playing the game under protest a throwing error. Umps should have tossed him after a minute or so.

Team LGK
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)

This team needs to be torn apart, and it will be a long time before the Angels are even close to being a good team :(

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3465 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Melfice View Post
    This team needs to be torn apart, and it will be a long time before the Angels are even close to being a good team :(
    Here's the most frustrating part.

Angels owner Arte Moreno expects Mike Scioscia back as manager, blames injuries for frustrating season

“Baseball fans know that our pitching is down. The fans do. The kids, they just love to come to the ballpark. To us, it’s about having a great experience, safe and clean and affordable.”
    To me, that means he doesn't give a **** how bad we suck. I think he took that risk with Pujols and Hamilton and it backfired greatly. So he's too scared to do anything else and will just settle for whatever he can make until he sells the team.

LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

Rink Dawg

Team LGK
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    145 Post(s)

SMH, they are going the old Clippers route, clueless at the top and inept at the bottom.

RANGZ
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1475 Post(s)

Makes me feel bad for Trout. I've seen a few articles on how squandered his career has been and it's hard to argue against. It would be a mercy to trade him at this point.

Regina...rhymes with fun
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    285 Post(s)

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/a...em-league.html

At least, Eppler is correcting the idiocy of the DiPoto high-floor philosophy in the draft and hopefully the Angels will start to reap some benefits from the international ranks:
    The Angels took a new thinking into the 2016 draft. They focused on some higher-ceiling, perhaps more risky, players than the organization had in the past. Five of the Angels’ top six picks in 2016 were high school players. In the previous five drafts, the Angels had drafted a total of five high school players in the top 10 rounds. They also extended their budget to sign 35 of their 40 draft picks, going over their draft pool allotment by the maximum amount allowed without forfeiting a draft pick. The Angels exceeded their pool amount by more than $300,000 – incurring a tax of about $228,000 – for the first time since the pool system was instituted in 2012. After the draft, the Angels replaced scouting director Ric Wilson with Matt Swanson, a well-respected scout from the St. Louis Cardinals. It is another sign of a shift in direction from the Dipoto-led organization.There also was a change in international player procurement. Last year, when the Angels were unable to sign high-profile international players because of spending restrictions resulting from the Roberto Baldoquin deal, the Angels essentially punted the international market. They traded their allotment to other teams for middling minor leaguers. This year, under Eppler, the Angels did not trade any of the allotment of about $2.2 million. They signed 11 players, and Eppler said they will keep signing players until the money is gone.

I do have confidence in Billy Eppler, but the hole he has to dig the organization out of is immense and there's no quick fix. He has until the 2020 season to turn the Angels into an organization that Trout would want to re-sign with, but, being a New Jersey guy, there's always the possibility he'll sign back east no matter what the Angels offer. On the plus side, now that Wilson and Weaver's contracts are up, that is 40m off the books and after next season, Hamilton's 26m (adjusted) comes off. That being said, the 2017 Free Agent market is really bad, particularly with starting pitchers. I'm fine with 2017 being a building year, and while I have confidence in Eppler I'm still concerned about the amount of freedom Arte will give him to make decisions that may impact attendance and overall revenue.

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2083 Post(s)

Angels with a huge must win tonight. 1-1 with 160 to play.

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3465 Post(s)

Nice 5-0 win over the crappy Oakland A's last night. Unfortunately, Garrett Richards is already injured. =\ Hope it's nothing serious but with our pitching luck, it probably is.

Rink Dawg