Thread: Uncharted 4

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3192 Post(s)

Played the first 5 chapters last night. So amazing.

I think the graphics is the best I've seen for any PS4 game out there.
    Facebook: facebook.com/grtoocool Twitter: @LGKTooCool

LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

Rink Dawg

Sieben Biere Bitte!
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    64 Post(s)

This game is ridiculous. Bought a ps4 for it, and mainly for No Man's Sky. Every naughty dog game is amazing, this is no different.

Team Melf.
    Images
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    585 Post(s)

I am taking my damned time playing this masterpiece.
    Support Be the Match through Tanner's site

http://www.bethematchfoundation.org/...&team_id=23513

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3192 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Boozehound View Post
    This game is ridiculous. Bought a ps4 for it, and mainly for No Man's Sky. Every naughty dog game is amazing, this is no different.
    I can't recall a game where I feel like I'm on the edge of my seat most of the time. It's a perfect balance of story, action, humor, and puzzles. I absolutely love it. Even when you're walking around and doing stuff, the characters you're with are just joking around. There are games where they have a mixture of all that but there's no character dialogue until you get to the next sequence. That's where Naughty Dog does things different and nails it by putting everything together and making it flow so well.

I'm so happy I got the Uncharted Collection after hearing nothing but great things about the series when I didn't have a PS3.

LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

Rink Dawg

Team LGK
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    138 Post(s)

Ordered and downloading.
    "Funny thing I haven't heard Beat LA for a while here. Music to MY ears." - Bob Miller LA at SJ 10/22/2015

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3192 Post(s)

Well, I finished Uncharted 4. I played it for about 2-3 hours per night and beat it in 6 days. After playing the Uncharted Collection I knew that this game wouldn't take that long to beat anyway. I was planning to take it nice and slow but I worried so much about spoilers that I didn't go to many gaming websites this past week. Either way, I had a blast with the game and now I don't have to worry about spoilers at all.

All I can say is... what a freaking game. Naughty Dog is amazing and it's crazy how high they set the bar. This is what gaming should be like. I might just be riding high into the sunset with the way the story ended or because this game is still brand new and fresh in my mind. But I think it's the best one out of all 4 games. If I had to rank them, I'm going with 4, 1, 3, 2. And I know that sounds crazy because I know Uncharted 2 was pretty much everyone's favorite out of the first 3 but it's just how I feel.

Now I can focus on the multiplayer and go back and look for the rest of the treasures for fun.

Rink Dawg

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3192 Post(s)

Anyone try the Multiplayer yet? I know the majority of people typically buy Uncharted for the story and not the actual multiplayer. But I figured I would try it out for the first time and it was fun as hell.

It actually requires teamwork and I found that it's pretty easy to win as long as your team runs with you. If they don't, then run with them. I think the only problem so far are the idiots who treat it like Call of Duty. They don't realize that reviving your teammates is key in this game and that it saves you from losing. Team Deathmatch goes by KOs (first to 40). So if you're "dead", you're just down. You can bleed out after awhile but they still need to KO you. I've seen many people try to "steal" my KOs after I downed them but they don't realize that downing an opponent gives you way more points.

The only problem with Multiplayer is that they pretty much locked all the cosmetics behind a paywall called Uncharted Points. It's pretty ridiculous and not worth it. To unlock a character like Chloe for example is $5. So imagine trying to unlock the outfits you want, guns, weapon camos, taunts, etc. It's going to be expensive and unfortunately, Naughty Dog knows that people are stupid enough to pay for all that.

I got 800 Uncharted Points ($8 worth) right now. (300 for preordering, 300 from the special edition, and 200 for playing 5 games online.) I'm likely just going to save that for the Single Player DLC.. whenever that will be.

So yeah... you can "earn" relic points but Naughty Dog made it very difficult to do so. You get 3 challenges to do to get relic points but you only get 1 new challenge per day which is lame. You can do trials to get relic points but you can only get it once. You can't redo a trial to get more points. Then with the relic points, the only way to unlock the cosmetics is to open a Vanity Box (AKA, Supply Drop like in Call of Duty). And that's what I hate the most... these items are completely random. The only good thing is that you won't get duplicates unlike Black Ops 3. I hate this kind of sleazy tactic in general. If you want something specific, you can buy it outright... otherwise, good luck trying to open random ****.

Plus, when you win... you get a measly 10 relic points (It takes 150 points to open one box). Shouldn't they reward players for sticking it out on a useless team? If anything, this kind of rewards rage quitters because why should they waste their time on a crap team only to not get any points out of it?

Sorry, had to include a mini rant. But it is fun as hell though and if you haven't tried it yet.. do it. =D

Rink Dawg

Team LGK
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    704 Post(s)

I haven't even cracked open the game yet. Might not be able to get to it until Memorial Day.

Team Melf.
    Images
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    585 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TooCool View Post
    Anyone try the Multiplayer yet? I know the majority of people typically buy Uncharted for the story and not the actual multiplayer. But I figured I would try it out for the first time and it was fun as hell.

It actually requires teamwork and I found that it's pretty easy to win as long as your team runs with you. If they don't, then run with them. I think the only problem so far are the idiots who treat it like Call of Duty. They don't realize that reviving your teammates is key in this game and that it saves you from losing. Team Deathmatch goes by KOs (first to 40). So if you're "dead", you're just down. You can bleed out after awhile but they still need to KO you. I've seen many people try to "steal" my KOs after I downed them but they don't realize that downing an opponent gives you way more points.

The only problem with Multiplayer is that they pretty much locked all the cosmetics behind a paywall called Uncharted Points. It's pretty ridiculous and not worth it. To unlock a character like Chloe for example is $5. So imagine trying to unlock the outfits you want, guns, weapon camos, taunts, etc. It's going to be expensive and unfortunately, Naughty Dog knows that people are stupid enough to pay for all that.

I got 800 Uncharted Points ($8 worth) right now. (300 for preordering, 300 from the special edition, and 200 for playing 5 games online.) I'm likely just going to save that for the Single Player DLC.. whenever that will be.

So yeah... you can "earn" relic points but Naughty Dog made it very difficult to do so. You get 3 challenges to do to get relic points but you only get 1 new challenge per day which is lame. You can do trials to get relic points but you can only get it once. You can't redo a trial to get more points. Then with the relic points, the only way to unlock the cosmetics is to open a Vanity Box (AKA, Supply Drop like in Call of Duty). And that's what I hate the most... these items are completely random. The only good thing is that you won't get duplicates unlike Black Ops 3. I hate this kind of sleazy tactic in general. If you want something specific, you can buy it outright... otherwise, good luck trying to open random ****.

Plus, when you win... you get a measly 10 relic points (It takes 150 points to open one box). Shouldn't they reward players for sticking it out on a useless team? If anything, this kind of rewards rage quitters because why should they waste their time on a crap team only to not get any points out of it?

Sorry, had to include a mini rant. But it is fun as hell though and if you haven't tried it yet.. do it. =D
    The one game I played online had a dude killing me over and over again with the damn rope hook.
    Support Be the Match through Tanner's site

http://www.bethematchfoundation.org/...&team_id=23513

Team LGK
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    704 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter View Post
    The one game I played online had a dude killing me over and over again with the damn rope hook.
    This reminded me of my friend going crowbar-happy on everybody at a Half Life LAN party.