Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    285 Post(s)

Default Wifi/PS4 Issue

Can anyone help me with this?

I have Verizon Fios. Everything works fine except I can't get a new PS4 to work in a guest house, which is located about 40 feet from where my router is in my main house. Can't get the router any closer.

Verizon recommended upgrading to a Quantum router, so I did. Signal strength is a 52% according to my PS4. When we try to start a game (Destiny) it accepts the email and password and then just sits there telling us to wait forever.

I changed the wifi channel from it's default to 11, which made no difference.

I tried Verizon again and whoever it was from India live chatting with me was talking in riddles, so I gave up.

I haven't returned my original Fios router, so I'm not married to the Quantum one if that was a total waste.

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1973 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HeadInjury View Post
    Can anyone help me with this?

I have Verizon Fios. Everything works fine except I can't get a new PS4 to work in a guest house, which is located about 40 feet from where my router is in my main house. Can't get the router any closer.

Verizon recommended upgrading to a Quantum router, so I did. Signal strength is a 52% according to my PS4. When we try to start a game (Destiny) it accepts the email and password and then just sits there telling us to wait forever.

I changed the wifi channel from it's default to 11, which made no difference.

I tried Verizon again and whoever it was from India live chatting with me was talking in riddles, so I gave up.

I haven't returned my original Fios router, so I'm not married to the Quantum one if that was a total waste.
    I believe my son had the same trouble so we bought a TP-Link AV 500 Powerline WI Fi Extender and he has not had any trouble since. The Verizon Tech that came out to the house recommended this product. Simple to set up just plug and play.
    Last edited by Ice24; March 11th, 2016 at 09:30 PM.

I grew a Fatmanchu.
    Images
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    201 Post(s)

I think I had an issue like that a year ago and I remember a friend telling me to switch the DNS to Google's Public DNS and it fixed my issue.

Primary 8.8.8.8
    Secondary 8.8.4.4

Try it and see if it works. If it doesn't then you can change it back to automatic.

2 Late to Change My Name
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    285 Post(s)

Thanks to both of you. I bought the TP-Link and got it today (gotta love free 1-day shipping on amazon). Signal strength went from 52% to 100%, so yeah it kinda works.

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3082 Post(s)

Glad you got it working. I just know that if you typically want a good and steady connection, it's recommended that you go wired at all times. But if you have no other choice, and it works then great.
    Facebook: facebook.com/grtoocool Twitter: @LGKTooCool

LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

Rink Dawg

Win it again..for Tanner!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    449 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ice24 View Post
    I believe my son had the same trouble so we bought a TP-Link AV 500 Powerline WI Fi Extender and he has not had any trouble since. The Verizon Tech that came out to the house recommended this product. Simple to set up just plug and play.
    thanks Ice - just ordered one for our house.

3rd Line Role Player
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)

I bought the TP-Link and got it today (gotta love free 1-day shipping on amazon). Good device.

Win it again..for Tanner!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    449 Post(s)

one thing about the TP-Link. I found much better results when I changed the network name to a different one than my main router.

2 Late to Change My Name
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    285 Post(s)

FYI, after having some issues with performance, I recently switched to the TP-Link AC 1750 extender and performance has greatly improved.

https://www.amazon.com/TP-Link-Exten.../dp/B010S6SG3S