woo!
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    593 Post(s)

Cool what they're saying: all about round 1

i decided to have a look around to see how people were predicting this series to shake out.
    all i know is we're all in for a lot of this:

PS- i know i've been spotty about it this season, but i plan to do these regularly for the playoffs. i hope i get to do a lot of 'em. like 16 of 'em. if you guys ever have suggestions on a good source that i'm not looking at (except twitter, because i despise that site) please let me know.

sharks fan chatter:

-we can beat los angeles its gonna be fun

-Time to exorcise some demons

-Let's not forget that DeBoer probably wants some revenge against LA and Sutter too.

-F***ING BRING IT BABY. BEAT LA

-revengetour2016

-F*** LA but I'm still nervous

-Call me an idiot, but I'm looking forward to this series and like our chances a LOT. I've watched a lot of Sharks teams in the last 25 years but this one feels different. Loose and confident in a quiet way. Mark my words...

-Time to slay the dragon boys! You got this!

-Well, if you're going to go up against the best team in the league may as well do it in the first round when you're relatively healthy. Sharks in 7.

-Lets do this. **** LA. **** THEM SO HARD.

-I wouldn't want it any other way. Lets dream crush them in the first round.

-basically gonna drink myself to death over the next few weeks....

-All hate going towards LA. Lets go.

-#SWEEPLA
    -Last time the Sharks tweeted that it did not end well

-I want their blood.

-Really wanted to get my license changed to "BEATLA"

-If we get reverse swept again I'll eat a broom.
    -(smart ass kings fan): Like a whole broom?
    Aren't you afraid of choking?

-I AM TERRIFIED AND EXCITED AS F*** AT THE SAME TIME.
    F*** LA!
    LET'S HAVE SOME FUN!

-SJ gets their revenge this year. Kings won't know what hit 'em.

-I'd be lying if I said I didn't want this. I really wanted this. If the Sharks are going to do anything this year, you've gotta go through the Kings. Los Angeles is a great team, and the Sharks need to get over that hurdle strong.

-Can the NHL save us some time next year and just put this on the schedule now?

-Battle: Los Angeles 2? Come on San Jose, you can do eet!

-Sharks win in 6 - lose one game by an ugly score and a second due to random BS. Brown gets destroyed by Polak at least once.

-Is it possible to lose in less than 4? I think that's the only way we can be embarrassed this time..
    -That's why I'm not too stressed. We've hit rock bottom against the Kings. We'll either win and get revenge or we'll lose but it can't be worse than blowing a 3-0 lead.
    -We could blow another 3-0 lead.
    -Or the plane could crash on the runway and we lose by default...cuz we don't have a team anymore.
    -That escalated quickly

-This is going to be a good one. Sharks will win the series unless one of those punk ass Kings players takes out a few Sharks.

-I'm already angry.

-(either they have nothing to lose or they're going to have the intense pressure of REVENGE!!!!!!! on their shoulders. it can't be both, can it?): The Sharks have nothing to lose so they should be a loose group.

-Beat LA! Beat LA! Beat LA!

-This is it, no more excuses. We had no pressure on us this year, and I feel nobody is talking about us now. Perfect! Just come out and play hard boys. This is the deepest we have been in a long long time. Gotta beat the best to make it to the top. Let's goooooo!

-Welp time to watch Brown murder like 5 of our guys and then get away with it.

-Screw the Kings, we sweep them this time.

-This series has to go seven right?

-DeBoer's Devils lost to Sutter's Kings in the cup finals, both he and the team should be extra motivated to win. Should be a good series, go Sharks!

-Kings fans thinking they're the underdogs is pretty lol-worthy.
    -Definitely. They have the better record this year.
    -Trying to downplay expectations in case the Sharks run them out of the rink.

-Sharks in 5. They are very angry and I think they'll own this one.

fans of neither the kings nor the sharks:

-Hawks fan here. It's up to you to complete operation regicide. If the hawks have to lose, I would love for it to be the Sharks bc you guys deserve it dammit. Good luck, and **** THE KINGS!

-Remember San Jose, this is a best of 7 series. This means you need to win 4 games to take the series, not 3.

-My 2 favorite teams are the Coyotes and whoever beats the Kings. Make us proud, Sharks!

-It's absolutely bonkers that one of these two teams will be out by the second round.

-I do not envy any playoff team in the west. It is such a tough conference.

-I want to see another Reverse Sweep

-Oh god, this is going to be a blood bath.
    Can't wait.

-Kings in humiliating fashion of some kind, either a sweep or a comeback

-The Sharks are my second team I'm rooting for after the Rangers. Both teams have tough first round draws haha

-The team that's won two recent championships or an organization known for choking in the playoffs?
    This is an easy one.

-Only question: how many games will it take for the Kings to win the series? 5 is my guess.

-Love this rivalry, this'll be a good one.
    Kings in 6.

-I can't possibly see how a first round matchup against the Kings could go badly for the Sharks...

-This is gonna be the best series. Hands down.

-While LA is the favorite i do think San jose will be more determined to redeem themselves after that 2014 embarrassment I say Sharks upset the Kings in 6

-Kings in 7.

-Revenge for the Sharks!

-Sharks in 5. Kings get exposed and embarrassed in this one.

-This is an interesting coaching rematch of the 2012 Stanley Cup finals.

-This and Hawks blues will be the rivalry series to watch for the first round

-Sharks win the first two, then Kings go on a tear and win the next four.

-Kings win in 6. Won't be near the embarrassment 2014 was for the Sharks.

-I'm surprised fans think SJ can win. I definitely expect LA to win handily.
    -no matter what bro, people will go for the underdog.

-San Jose's goalie will cost them the series.
    Kings in 6

-Hardest series to call.

-Said Kings in 6. Glad one of these teams is out in the first and it will probably be the Sharks

-Head says LA
    Heart say San Jose
    LA in 6

-If the Sharks were playing the exact same team, but they weren't named the Kings, I'd say Sharks in 5 or 6. However, they are called the Kings so I am still gonna go with Sharks, but in 7.

-Like most series it's all about the goaltending.
    Kings in seven.

-Whatever version of Quick shows up will definitely be a deciding factor.
    If 2012 Quick shows up things could get real ugly real quick for the Sharks.

-Im gunna go Sharks in 7. This Kings team... I dunno. Something is saying that the Sharks finally advance and the cup favorites in the west falter.

-Think Kings will win, cheering for Sharks.
    Go Sharks!!

sources:
    1. https://www.reddit.com/r/SanJoseShar...ing_the_kings/
    2. https://www.reddit.com/r/SanJoseShar...layoff_rivals/
    3. https://www.reddit.com/r/hockey/comm..._the_san_jose/
    4. http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=2062111
    5. http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=2062129

3rd Line Role Player
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    39 Post(s)

Operation Regicide... I like it.

Registered Redophile
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    568 Post(s)

Is the real reason they call it shark week be how long their average playoff runs tend to be???

All Star
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    840 Post(s)

I still haven't gotten over the Jets game. I can't even concern myself with "Beat LA" yet.

The Don - Bob Corleone
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    290 Post(s)

I'm shocked no one has mentioned that our former backup, Martin Jones, is in net for the guppies. This, to me, is the biggest threat to LA. Has Quick even beat him yet? Playoffs are a different universe, I get that, but Jones is solid (in the regular season anyway).

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    449 Post(s)

No worries.

We have Andreoff, they don't.

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) ?\_(ツ)_/?
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1014 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wupmasta2000 View Post
    I'm shocked no one has mentioned that our former backup, Martin Jones, is in net for the guppies. This, to me, is the biggest threat to LA. Has Quick even beat him yet? Playoffs are a different universe, I get that, but Jones is solid (in the regular season anyway).
    Enroth was in goal for the wins against SJS this season, so no...Quick hasn't been in for a win.

I kept hearing recently that San Jose has only one cup winner on their roster: Jones. Not really sure what that means. He's played in 2 playoff games. Ever. 57 minutes total, 7 saves, no decisions.

He's good. But surrounded by that team, I don't see him becoming the prodigal netminder and leading them to the cup.
    "And then scoring three goals on the power play to really shove it up their butts was really awesome." -Drew Doughty, January 2nd, 2018 @ EDM post-game quote.

2nd Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    196 Post(s)

In a 7 game series, the Kings have the edge against any team. Sutter has the ability, knowledge and foresight to make the adjustments on a game to game basis. We win, he makes adjustments to address the needs from the previous game. We lose, he makes the adjustments to make sure the loss doesn't happen again.

It's playoff time. I believe in my team. Go Kings

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    108 Post(s)

Default what they're saying: all about round 1

So confident. Why does NorCal have such an inferiority complex with SoCal? It's sad.

2nd Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    36 Post(s)

Default what they're saying: all about round 1

I'm actually surprised that Sharks fans are actually reasonable with their predictions.

Will be a tough series. Kings in 6 or 7.... We win or lose by Quick.