Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 54

Thread: NHL, Vegas expansion instead of Quebec City

  1. #11
    \_(ツ)_/
    Krussadams's Avatar
    Karma: 30016000
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    1,723
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    667 Post(s)

    Default

    I'd, uh, put my money on them either being the Las Vegas Knights or Las Vegas Aces.

    If they end up being called Aces, cue the endless poker and blackjack euphemisms every time they play the Kings. "Full house here tonight." "Kings over Aces!" And hey, if Brown and others get drafted over there, "Aces full of Kings."
    "Bob Miller did a great job for the Kings for over a number of years." -Daryl Evans, March 23, 2017.

  2. #12
    I revoke Man Cards
    FishMonger's Avatar
    Karma: 2147483647
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    11,235
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1107 Post(s)

    Default

    I'd actually like to really see it be the Black Knights. The owner is apparently a West Point grad, and it would be a cool nod to his alma mater.
    Last edited by FishMonger; June 23rd, 2016 at 02:18 PM.

  3. #13
    Your favorite Mistake!
    orpheus's Avatar
    Karma: 11211000
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    20,928
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1586 Post(s)

    Default

    They should be called the Vegas Bunnies after the Bunny Ranch.

  4. #14
    Benchwarmer
    Pucker25's Avatar
    Karma: 13029000
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    1,072
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    134 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FishMonger View Post
    I'd actually like to really see it be the Black Knights. The owner is apparently a West Point grad, and it would be a cool nod to his alma mater.
    Seems like the NHL could take issue with the name, as Foley already owns Black Knight Financial. Do they want what could be perceived as a corporate branded team name?

  5. #15
    I revoke Man Cards
    FishMonger's Avatar
    Karma: 2147483647
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    11,235
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1107 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pucker25 View Post
    Seems like the NHL could take issue with the name, as Foley already owns Black Knight Financial. Do they want what could be perceived as a corporate branded team name?
    The Kings play at Staples Center, and basically every other team in every sport plays in an arena named after a corporate sponsor. While I see your point, I don't think the league would have as much of an issue with it as you might thing.

  6. #16
    Registered Redophile
    King Ludwig's Avatar
    Karma: 87533000
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,862
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    491 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by orpheus View Post
    They should be called the Vegas Bunnies after the Bunny Ranch.
    I'm thinking more along the line of craps...but it's just if they're going to be a bad team...

  7. #17
    WereApe
    NobleSavage's Avatar
    Karma: 1316000
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    221
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    72 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FishMonger View Post
    The Kings play at Staples Center, and basically every other team in every sport plays in an arena named after a corporate sponsor. While I see your point, I don't think the league would have as much of an issue with it as you might thing.
    . . . and the league had no issue with a team named after a big corporation's kiddie movie.

  8. #18
    Benchwarmer
    Pucker25's Avatar
    Karma: 13029000
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    1,072
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    134 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FishMonger View Post
    The Kings play at Staples Center, and basically every other team in every sport plays in an arena named after a corporate sponsor. While I see your point, I don't think the league would have as much of an issue with it as you might thing.
    I think there's a distinct difference between arena naming rights and team naming rights. It would go beyond jersey advertising at that point.

  9. #19
    I revoke Man Cards
    FishMonger's Avatar
    Karma: 2147483647
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    11,235
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1107 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pucker25 View Post
    I think there's a distinct difference between arena naming rights and team naming rights. It would go beyond jersey advertising at that point.
    I disagree that this:





    is the same as naming something generic that also happens to be a company name.

  10. #20
    Support the Fans
    SirJW's Avatar
    Karma: 9940000
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Posts
    12,836
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    368 Post(s)

    Default


Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •