Thread: John Glenn, We hardly Knew Ye.....

Retired Popo now Mr. Mom
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    143 Post(s)

Default John Glenn, We hardly Knew Ye.....

Scientists, celebrities mourn the loss of astronaut, senator John Glenn

CINCINNATI — Over the long arc of John Glenn’s life, it proved impossible to ever ask him to do something for his country. No matter the mission, no matter the risk, he had already stepped forward, his hand raised, his jaw set, ready to go. Glenn, the first American to orbit the earth, and later a four-term U.S. senator from Ohio, died Thursday at the Ohio State Cancer Center. He was 95.
    My parents were caught up in the "Right Stuff" astronaut craze back in the day and named my brother after Alan Shepard and myself after John Glenn.

The last surviving member of America's Project Mercury Astronauts, John Glenn was the first American to orbit the earth back in 1962 and oldest person to travel in space in 1998.

Godspeed Senator Glenn.......
    Last edited by SloMo26; December 8th, 2016 at 03:27 PM.
    We are the Samurai, the warrior elite who protect and serve. Armed and armored from head to toe, masters of our personal weapons and bound by Honor, Duty, Loyalty, and Honesty. We walk the long path into the places society would prefer forgotten, and chase those demons that most would run from screaming in fear. We are the Samurai.

All Star
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    337 Post(s)

that whole era was mind boggling

It was said that they could do this all with chimps. It was also said that a chimp doesn't know it would be sitting on top of a bomb.

I was born in 48. The world has changed so much since then. It has been a blessing to witness it, and at times, scary as hell.

Gods Speed John Glenn.