Team LGK
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    226 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alosha27 View Post
    Funny I must have suited up against you two because I played for California Lutheran University (with overlap on both your tenures) and we inflicted the mercy rule against your team on a number of occasions... Our little old university with our stacked team of Swedes, Finns and Norwegians, one Russian, and Griff.. a monster we recruited off the football team who could barely skate!!!! Thank god that Scandinavians are all Lutheran!!!!! We actually beat University of Anchorage Alaska in a tourney back then..

Did you guys ever play against UC Berkeley, who had that one forward that was so wide, he had the number 387???... He was their "enforcer" and we literally demolished him!!!
    Wow itʻs a small world after all..!!!

Did you ever end up playing any semi-pro?? I spent a year or two after that playing for the Trail Smokeeaters but my highlight was playing on a line with Bure!!!
    lol Valeri Bure!!!! I got a 2 week temp transfer to the Spokane Chiefs.. that was fun!! Except Spokane is a cesspool!!!
    If you are ever in Trail B.C. or Rossland B.C. for the snow, go visit the Colander in Trail B.C.... Weʻd go there for team meals...
    It was a neat experience for a So-Cal native to play for an industrial town hockey team in Canada..

Played pickup with Chelios and Tony Danza a few years back over Christmas break at the Ice Palace here on Oahu
    Youʻd be surprised how many ex-pros retired here and show up for a holiday pickup game

Santiclaws i would have never guessed you played before because our perspectives and sensibilities are so different on this forum..
    I played right D-man most of time... sometimes right wing on specialty teams!! You must have played forward ...
    lol I disagree with you all the time!!! Isnʻt it you that wanted to get rid of Carter?? Hates Nolan, etc??

Ya we killed the trojans too.. must have been tough for you UCLA and USC folks from big schools to get whipped by this small liberal arts university in Thousand Oaks..

Was it you guys (or Berkeley) that had the girl playing D on your team??
    I remember playing you guys actually in 88 I think. I got to play a year after I graduated, so it really was 83 to 88. Like Santiclaws said, we were on the B team that season. I didn't think it was fair for me to be on the A team.

I thought that game in Conejo Valley against you guys was hilarious. All of your players had nicknames like "Hammer," stuff like that.

Yes, some guy leaned over the glass in warmups and hit one of our guys.

I remember losing that game 9-2. I got a nice one timer in the slot that i roofed.

I never played any higher level after that, but I still play. More roller than ice.

I also got to play in a charity game in 2015 on a team with Bernie Nicholls. Scored the first goal, he set it up. All I had to do was put it in the top of the net.

Do you still play?

Inanimate ****ing object
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2391 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eddieshack23 View Post
    I remember playing you guys actually in 88 I think. I got to play a year after I graduated, so it really was 83 to 88. Like Santiclaws said, we were on the B team that season. I didn't think it was fair for me to be on the A team.

I thought that game in Conejo Valley against you guys was hilarious. All of your players had nicknames like "Hammer," stuff like that.

Yes, some guy leaned over the glass in warmups and hit one of our guys.

I remember losing that game 9-2. I got a nice one timer in the slot that i roofed.

I never played any higher level after that, but I still play. More roller than ice.

I also got to play in a charity game in 2015 on a team with Bernie Nicholls. Scored the first goal, he set it up. All I had to do was put it in the top of the net.

Do you still play?
    Get rid of some of your PM's your inbox is full. I have something to show you.

Regina...rhymes with fun
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    99 Post(s)

And the Bruins get their 3rd win in the best of 5 and win the Crosstown Cup!

waxing poetic
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    737 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by santiclaws View Post
    Get rid of some of your PM's your inbox is full. I have something to show you.
    Keep in mind the PMs are subject to LGK Rules and Guidelines as well...please keep all pictures to a direct and non obscene nature.
    "If the Kings win the Stanley Cup, I'll invite you and three friends over to drink Patine Cellars Wine from the Stanley Cup." Jim Fox to Hipcheck 09/28/2015

Click 4 LGK INTERNET RADIO ARCHIVE

Team LGK
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    226 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hipcheck View Post
    Keep in mind the PMs are subject to LGK Rules and Guidelines as well...please keep all pictures to a direct and non obscene nature.
    Thanks for the reminder.

It was a picture of our team from 87-88. Which might be offensive to some here.