Thread: 2017-2018 Season ticket invoice

4th Line Grinder
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)

I've been a STH since 97' and this is the first year I'm seriously considering not renewing. My seats are like Torts ( same pricing breakdown),
    front row, corner 300's. Great seats and I've loved renting them for the most part. When they were $16-20/each the value was in getting into
    an NHL game and having a fun night. I could barely unload them back then at my price of $35-40 a pair, I ate a lot games. More recently the
    value was getting to watch top notch hockey at reasonable price and for a few years there I didn't eat any games ( ok, one ). I even made a
    few bucks here and there but that was probably erased by the times I lowered them below STH price to unload them. Now I'm not sure where
    the value is, they'll be the highest price I've paid yet to watch not so top notch hockey. Add to that my now 8 yr old son has really taken to the
    game the last few years and playing ice hockey is expensive. It's only going to get more so so I'm looking more closely at where I spend my
    disposable income. I've noticed I get more from attending his games (they all feel like game 7 vs the Hawks) than I do Kings games now.
    Recently he asked me "Dad, if I get drafted by the ______ what would you do?" to which I responded "the ______ would be my new favorite
    team". It reminded me I love hockey first, the Kings second. So, if I end up not renewing, the $$ I save will for the most part still get spent on
    hockey, just not with the Kings.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    64 Post(s)

Been a fan since 1980. Split season seats for about 3 yrs in the late 90's, last season was when the all star game was at the stapler. Was upset at that time our 200 level was moved to the 300 level for the all star game, ended up not going. that said, gave up the seats after that and been getting seats on secondary market. I remember granton marketing had a package for 200 level seats for a ton of games at half the price i was paying. Additionally, with all the "add ons" for getting desirable game nights, its really clear that the bandwagon had taken over. Having to buy so many tix for being able to get opening night 2013 was ridiculous. Only watched 1 live game this yr, and really not missed it as my daughters club soccer has taken us all over Calif and Nevada. I feel that the Kings have banked on the old loyal customers to keep paying while taking advantage of the bandwagon from the recent cup wins. Based on this thread, the Kings maybe losing some of the loyal customers. Add to that the wheels coming off the wagon and secondary tix sb cheaply had again. Throw in Blake as the GM and that just makes it easier to not spend $ on the team.

Bartender on Dry Island
    Images
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1551 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DeaderFan View Post
    I'm not so sure about that. According to the McCain/Flake report on "paid patriotism" only 6 NHL teams took money to promote the military and the Kings were not one of them. Also according to the the Kings website the Hero of the Game program is a joint effort with Kings Care and the USO and the general public can nominate military personnel via the website: https://www.nhl.com/kings/community/...ro-of-the-game And finally, the Kings have also honored police officers, first responders and good Samaritan members of the public. I don't think the military pays $$ for that.

Back on topic--As a STH, I would add that in addition to paying premium prices for a declining product, I'm not happy that Flash Seats will be the only ticket option next year. Seriously, why can't we have paper tickets if we want them? We're already paying extra for them. Some of us like traditional tickets.
    I haven't done the research so you might be right. And if the Kings really are doing it as an honor to the service personnel that's one thing. I once heard someone way he doesn't like "forced reverence" of the military, but for the most part I don't care about any "nights" and I usually don't even hear it when they announce it. I'm there to watch a hockey game. But if I actually hear one I want to cheer for, I will.

That said, it baffles me when people don't have any compassion for people who have been persecuted for decades, if not centuries...whatever the group. How people think tolerance is the same as agreement is beyond me. I tolerate an awful lot of lifestyle choices I don't agree with but if the Kings want to have a night for them, WTF do I care? And for people saying the Kings shouldn't do stuff like this because "it's not hockey related", I can buy that. I don't really care for all the non-hockey crap at games...it usually bores me, takes me out of the moment, and to some degree it even attracts attendees who aren't into the game - which IMO takes away from the enjoyment of being at a live hockey game. I've been to other arenas (Nassau and MSG to name a couple) where they don't do much of that crap - or at least I didn't notice it - and it's a better experience.