Images
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    730 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SLOTT View Post
    The fact I've been getting shafted for 15 years by being required to buy virtually value-less tickets for preseason games doesn't make the 16th any more palatable. The frozen fury game was never 'included' in the season ticket package. My point is that I feel that 2 preseason games is enough penetration from Kings management; they didn't have to add a 3rd did they?
    I'm definitely thinking of becoming a buyer in the 2ndary ticket market next year. It makes less and less sense to stay on.
    Preseason games are part of the season ticket package for pretty much every other professional sport.

Each team in the NHL has at least 6 preseason games, 3 home and 3 away. It's not just the Kings adding a game arbitrarily. It's a game that every team in the league plays, and one that they were already playing (in another venue in Vegas). The fact that we weren't paying for that third game as part of the package just happened to be sort of lucky for us before.

As for the secondary market, it's not the Kings' responsibility to make sure you can recoup the costs of the ticket they sold to you.

Just for context, I've been a season ticket holder for more than 10 years. But I've been one as part of the old Die Hards program. Technically speaking, over that time, my prices have increased 70% over my first season's price. But that just means I'm paying $17 a night next season, not the original $10. And I only get one seat. So, it's admittedly a lot easier for me to be cavalier or technical about these sorts of things when it comes to my (now) $750 per season investment.

"Only a numbskull thinks he knows things about things he knows nothing about."
    "It's understanding that makes it possible for people like us to tolerate a person like yourself."

Nipple biter
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    98 Post(s)

I'm a little older than the Kings. I understand about supply and demand. They charge full price for those games because they CAN. I totally get that.
    I don't like it, so I'm whining. What's the biggie? lol Admittedly spoiled.

I started in '02 and went to every single game for about the first 5 years. These days I go to 5-7 games a year, and all home playoff games.
    I only came close or slightly surpassed breaking even in '12-13, '13-14, and '14-15, go figure. Its almost like I'm paying for playoff priority, but does that even mean anything these days?

If I may go adult for a min, I know that I have no room to whine, as the season ticket thing is all my option. Nobody has a gun to my head. It's totally a privilege. I'm happy as hell and still partially in disbelief that we won 2 cups. But deciding to let go of long-time season tix feels almost exactly like deciding to break up with a long term girlfriend.

3rd Line Role Player
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    63 Post(s)

In Kings shoot twice lower bowl Row 8. My increase this year wasn't too bad. From $101 to $104 a ticket. Add in an extra game no one wants to see, and that's effectively an extra $2 more. So effectively $106. I started at about $87 in 2012-13.

I've tried to sell about 7-8 games and haven't even gotten my money back even once. Customer service which has never been great is still weak. And a lot of perks have been gradually phased out. Next year it will be Meet the Player night.

Probably time to let someone else overpay for Kopi, Brown, and Richards....

Or maybe Ill move upstairs....or start going to Reign games.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    836 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tortfesor View Post
    Front row of 300's in the corner went up $2 each, to $49.50. So, now with an extra preseason game making 3 at regular price, and the 41 game regular season, that's an increase for me of $271 (or just over 4%).

Let's look back in time: My seats: Upstairs corner, 1st row.

Season: Per Seat Price: (early-bird renewal pricing, if not, substantially more)

2010-11 $20.00 each
    2011-12 $23.50 (17% increase)
    2012-13 $35.00 (49% increase)
    2013-14 $35.50 (1% increase)
    2014-15 $37.50 (6% increase)
    2015-16 $44.00 (17% increase)
    2016-17 $47.50 (8% increase)
    2017-18 $49.50 (4% increase)

Sorry Kings, time to let 'em go. I understand that success drives the market, but with your greed, you brought it upon yourselves. Especially since the 49% increase a few years back was announced well BEFORE they won their first Cup. Nearly a two-and-a-half times (250%) increase over seven (7) seasons, but granted, two Cups. It's been fun, but it's just too hard to justify the constant price increases.
    Thanks for putting it all in perspective. I've got a half season of 2 in the first row corner as you and 10-games of 3 in last row corner, both upstairs. I'm out as well. The price goes up and the product is slowly declining. I'm losing big on every set of seats that I sell. It'll be far cheaper to do StubHub. I feel like the primary benefit of being a STH is the playoff priority; that doesn't seem to be a huge benefit right now.

Games like the Lightning loss on MLK day also make me wonder if there is better use of my free time. And those games seem to occur more and more often.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    836 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darby View Post
    As for the secondary market, it's not the Kings' responsibility to make sure you can recoup the costs of the ticket they sold to you.
    Thanks for the lesson in how tickets work.

When STH can repeatedly buy their same seats on the secondary market for less, guess who is dumping their seats? I expect the sellout streak to end in 17-18. I've heard too many people near me giving up their seats entirely or dropping from 4 to 2. The writing is already on the wall with No Fee Wednesday and the return of free food with a ticket purchase. I've seen a lot of empties in the group sales sections this season too.

I had a great time with the Kings and season tickets. Going forward, I'd rather go to the occasional game (especially when secondary market lower bowl games have been less than STH price on my uppers) and do more road trip games trying to see the Kings in other arenas.

Show me your hands..now!
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    877 Post(s)

From my Accnt rep..."Other than the post lockout year of 2013, we have raised the prices every season for the past 8 seasons. This year, the price increase across the board, will be lower than any other increase since 2009 (minus the lockout year).
    Exact details will be released soon

2nd Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    145 Post(s)

Put aside the price increases and the team in a down trajectory, too many games have some political propaganda theme which they feel they have to shove down the throats of the fans and their children who would like to be able to go to a game and get away from this kind of agenda for just a few hours.

Yeah I said it!

I don't rattle, kid.
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2305 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BOMBER View Post
    Put aside the price increases and the team in a down trajectory, too many games have some political propaganda theme which they feel they have to shove down the throats of the fans and their children who would like to be able to go to a game and get away from this kind of agenda for just a few hours.

Yeah I said it!
    Glad you'll be staying home next season.

2nd Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    145 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kubrick View Post
    Glad you'll be staying home next season.
    That's all you got?

Gone Fishin'
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    113 Post(s)

[QUOTE=Moog;3220713]Price hikes for mediocre on ice product.
    Secondary market is where the smart money is at.

/QUOTE]

...until they make the playoffs