Super Sexy
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1625 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CUP4LA View Post
    So it appears that from the vast majority of the responses in this thread that in Dean we do not trust.

I thought there might be some pushback from the idea of Dean not returning considering what he has accomplished.

If he is replaced, I hope the drafting protocol remains in place.
    I'm Ok with him returning, what I'm not Ok with is him thinking that veterans are the solution to the problem. Sutter's shown the willingness to give the youngsters minutes, even when they're making mistakes.

Play the kids, stop throwing money at Vets because they are Vets. Consider trading some of your homegrown talent (Martinez and Muzzin as an example) to bring in some additional youth.
    at the draft party a couple of years ago, and under a considerable haze, i heard Birdman yell out the following (about 4 or 5 times, i think) - "don't marry yourselves to players!" he went on to reiterate that idea more than once on the boards, and i believe it to be absolutely sage.

---gescom

friend to animals
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    61 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Birdman View Post
    I'm Ok with him returning, what I'm not Ok with is him thinking that veterans are the solution to the problem. Sutter's shown the willingness to give the youngsters minutes, even when they're making mistakes.

Play the kids, stop throwing money at Vets because they are Vets. Consider trading some of your homegrown talent (Martinez and Muzzin as an example) to bring in some additional youth.
    I agree with you 100% but this is the last year on Dean's contract. Doubt it's renewed.

Also agree about trading Muzzin or Amart to bring in younger players. I just don't see who would give up some youth in the off season to take one of those guys.

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2022 Post(s)

We are in for a long haul no matter who is the GM! I am hoping by 2022-2023 the Kings are back in the playoff race.