Thread: Rob Blake as the next GM?

Nyssa's Minion
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2872 Post(s)

To be honest, I'm not sure Rob would want to step into this situation for his first rodeo. Something about it being a bit of a ****burger.

Just... just listen.
    Images
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    645 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Moog View Post
    While at the same time it's just as common to bring someone in from the outside, just as Deano was brought it.
    It's not always the assistant that gets the promotion.

Really to be honest it's a 50-50 situation on whether they promote from within or from without.
    I never discounted that possibility. But based on some reactions in here...

Quote Originally Posted by SOKingFan View Post
    I just threw up in my mouth a little after reading the title of this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperCalo2000 View Post
    So... Blake as GM ? ... I just don't see it. Stranger things have happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChilledAgua View Post
    Yeah. Give the reins to an idiot who relinquished the earned home ice advantage in one of Manchester's playoff series. (Of course, it was the opening round, and of course, the Monarchs failed to advance)

A five-game series, with little wiggle room, which didn't even go the distance.

No thanks.
    ... it seems like it was a new and wholly unheard of thought that had never crossed anyone's minds before.

Again, if the GM spot was open, Blake's name would most likely be on the short list. And not just of candidates from within the organization.

"Only a numbskull thinks he knows things about things he knows nothing about."
    "It's understanding that makes it possible for people like us to tolerate a person like yourself."

Take a big quaff
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    100 Post(s)

I love Luc Robitaille. But his role in the organization is not just about ugly uniform colors or lame logos anymore. I'm sure he has a lot of pull with the moneys-that-be, so I won't be surprised if Blake does replace Lombardi. Blake's his buddy, and Futa was a Lombardi hire. I won't like it for reasons that stem from Blake's last years with the Kings (both times). But if it means icing a competitive team again with another run at a Cup, I'd vow not to boo Blake anymore.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1137 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jammer06 View Post
    To be honest, I'm not sure Rob would want to step into this situation for his first rodeo. Something about it being a bit of a ****burger.
    I hope you are right.

I'd like to see someone from outside the organization take a crack at the Kings, in the same way Lombardi did.
    The organization needs new vision.

Chalk Eating Weasel
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    413 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darby View Post
    ... it seems like it was a new and wholly unheard of thought that had never crossed anyone's minds before.

Again, if the GM spot was open, Blake's name would most likely be on the short list. And not just of candidates from within the organization.

It's not as though this scenario "had never crossed my mind." IMO, this guy has been a disaster, on so many levels, for this organization.

This is merely a situation which I have dreaded since Luc got him hired.

Maybe he should run off to SJ again; If a change is to be made, go outside the system.

Playoffs? Haha
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    114 Post(s)

Default Rob Blake as the next GM?

I'd rather go with Futa than Blake. To me, Futa earned the spot to be the GM. Then again, I'm not being paid millions of dollars to make these decisions

Playoffs? Haha
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    114 Post(s)

Default Rob Blake as the next GM?

To use Donald Trump's words, I'd rather drain the swamp if you're going to go the route of firing Lombardi, rather than replacing him with a few of his cronies. Doesn't seem feasible to me to fire a guy only to have a his successor implement the same old boring philosophy.

Take a big quaff
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    100 Post(s)

It'd be great if at least season ticket holders (of which I am not) heard presentations and pitches for whom will fill this role. It ain't gonna happen. Luc and the execs will get them. Luc will definitely have a say. But as a fan I'd love to see/hear what Futa's vision would be for the team versus Blake's. Hard to argue for either since we don't really know.

And I would say they should drain the swamp like Trump, but that would mean bringing outside, inexperienced cronies into the swamp that was never drained to begin with. So not the analogy I'd go with.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1137 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NewCastle View Post
    It'd be great if at least season ticket holders (of which I am not) heard presentations and pitches for whom will fill this role. It ain't gonna happen. Luc and the execs will get them. Luc will definitely have a say. But as a fan I'd love to see/hear what Futa's vision would be for the team versus Blake's. Hard to argue for either since we don't really know.

And I would say they should drain the swamp like Trump, but that would mean bringing outside, inexperienced cronies into the swamp that was never drained to begin with. So not the analogy I'd go with.
    Season ticket holders in San Jose had a huge impact in Deano getting fired from the Sharks.

Concussed Villain
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3800 Post(s)

This organization needs to build a wall between Luc and any decision making power.