Thread: 2016-17 Magic Numbers Thread

Video Game First Liner
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    149 Post(s)

A bad sign so far this week is that the Blues are not losing any games.

I revoke Man Cards
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1043 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ecktore View Post
    A bad sign so far this week is that the Blues are not losing any games.
    I thought they were "sellers" when they got rid of Shat. Aren't "sellers" supposed to DROP in the standings?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1817 Post(s)

With 17 games left to play. I will say the Kings will win 6 of them. They will get two more points because of OT.

Team LGK
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    482 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FishMonger View Post
    I thought they were "sellers" when they got rid of Shat. Aren't "sellers" supposed to DROP in the standings?
    Not when you have a Kings team playing like pretenders and playing down to their opponents,instead of SC contenders FishMonger.At this rate,the Kings have a good chance of finishing this 7 game homestand,with a 3-4 record or worse

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1817 Post(s)

At this point of the season, the only teams that are playing down to another team are the Kings opponents when they lose to the Kings.

No Kool-Aid needed!!!
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    582 Post(s)

This thread is a lot more sad then in years past.

Bring on Vancouver!
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1151 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AllenA07 View Post
    This thread is a lot more sad then in years past.
    Eh, it's always super negative during the slightest down-swings. I considered not doing it, but I know a bunch of people enjoy it.

The Kings really aren't playing that badly. If you look at the last five games since Quick got back...

1. 4-1 win over Anaheim. Impressive.
    2. 5-4 OT loss at Minnesota. Getting a point in that building is very impressive, as is scoring four goals against that defense. On a night the D wasn't at its best, the offense stepped up.
    3. 2-1 OT loss to Calgary. This was 1000% a scheduled loss, for any team in the NHL. It was the Kings' eighth game in 13 days and their third in four nights. To make matters worse, it was coming after games against two super tough and physical teams in ANA and MIN, and was the second night of a back-to-back WITH TRAVEL. The fact that the Kings stole a point in this game and actually kept themselves in it at all was EXTREMELY impressive.
    4. 3-2 SO win over Toronto. Not pretty, but gotta respect the fight-back and a win's a win.
    5. 4-3 loss to Vancouver. "Inexcusable", sure. But it was just a bizarre game. First three goals for Vancouver were all on weird bounces. Didn't roll over and die despite huge deficit, fought back until final whistle and ripped off 44 shots.

Yet it's always doom and gloom here, all the time. Had the Kings won in OT in Minny and Calgary, would it be this gray?

Try not to hang out here much anymore, too depressing. Not saying the Kings are amazing or anything... they aren't. They are what they are. A big, tough, possession based team that has very little room for error with the way they play. They can beat anyone on any given night, but can also lose to anyone (besides Colorado it seems) on any given night. It's just sports. It's a hobby. Rooting for a team is supposed to be fun.

I lost my password
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    98 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by USCKingsFan31 View Post
    Yet it's always doom and gloom here, all the time. Had the Kings won in OT in Minny and Calgary, would it be this gray?
    It's the last game against Vancouver. If they had won it would be Karma Parties and planning the parade. But since they lost it's fire everybody - blow the team up - and how are the Dodgers looking this year? The recency bias in the place bi-polar.

BTW, how ARE the Dodgers looking this year?

Bring on Vancouver!
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1151 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
    It's the last game against Vancouver. If they had won it would be Karma Parties and planning the parade. But since they lost it's fire everybody - blow the team up - and how are the Dodgers looking this year? The recency bias in the place bi-polar.

BTW, how ARE the Dodgers looking this year?
    I generally agree, but this year has been SUPER negative. Not even sure a 17-0 run to close it out will get anyone around here believing we are anything more than an antiquated bunch of slow dinosaurs with a coach and GM that need to be fired and an entire team (sans Doughty and Pearson) that needs to be blown up.

Just... just listen.
    Images
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    653 Post(s)

It's been negative because the team is on the downswing.

And more and more posters are realizing it.

And then vocalizing it.

But it's really been a couple of years coming for anyone who cared to see it. Recency bias not withstanding.

"Only a numbskull thinks he knows things about things he knows nothing about."
    "It's understanding that makes it possible for people like us to tolerate a person like yourself."