<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3024 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by USCKingsFan31 View Post
    I generally agree, but this year has been SUPER negative. Not even sure a 17-0 run to close it out will get anyone around here believing we are anything more than an antiquated bunch of slow dinosaurs with a coach and GM that need to be fired and an entire team (sans Doughty and Pearson) that needs to be blown up.
    The Kings haven't played better than .500 hockey all season. They'd go on 5 game winning streaks and we think things are looking up... only for the Kings to go on and lose 5 straight right back. A 17-0 run would be nuts though..
    Facebook: facebook.com/grtoocool Twitter: @LGKTooCool

LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

Rink Dawg

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    801 Post(s)

Recency bias notwithstanding, the Kings are on pace for their fewest points / worst win percentage since 08-09.

Things really are more gloomy than they have been in a while.

3rd Line Role Player
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)

Seems to me that the Kings do their best when they are in this position. Both 2012 and 2014 Stanley Cup wins were the result of squeaking into the playoffs. If this is the way they win, I'll take it.

Nyssa's Minion
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2922 Post(s)

There's just not much ammo to shut up the negative posters with this year. Overall its a quality core that should remain in playoff contention for at least the next 4 seasons. By then there will be a new CBA and a whole host of new realities. Even if the team is one and done for 3 of 4 of those playoffs its only a disaster to those who assume there was a surefire way to ensure cups. The only one getting a raw deal right now are brand new STH, but they are buying high and they should know that.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1222 Post(s)

Los Angeles Kings Playoff Chances
    Beat Nashville 3-2 (ot), playoff odds up 4.4 to 42.4%

http://www.sportsclubstats.com/NHL/W...osAngeles.html

Bring on Vancouver!
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1185 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jammer06 View Post
    There's just not much ammo to shut up the negative posters with this year. Overall its a quality core that should remain in playoff contention for at least the next 4 seasons. By then there will be a new CBA and a whole host of new realities. Even if the team is one and done for 3 of 4 of those playoffs its only a disaster to those who assume there was a surefire way to ensure cups. The only one getting a raw deal right now are brand new STH, but they are buying high and they should know that.
    Right, nailed it. Most of us appreciate the fleeting nature of all of this. Like yeah, it might have made long term financial sense to take a hard stand and not sign Kopi. But then what? Semi rebuild. When semi-rebuilt, now young guys need raises, older guys (like Carter) aren't contributing like they once did, new batch of problems.

You try to get in the playoffs and get hot at the right time. We went "all in" on this window. I know if 10-15 posters on here were GM they'd have it all figured out and we'd have 120 points right now, but here in the real world we just have to hope for the best.

Bring on Vancouver!
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1185 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Moog View Post

I think the Kings will handle their business. The issue is that everyone else seems to be, too. And St. Louis still has 3x vs. Arizona, 2x vs Colorado, basically 10 free points down the stretch.

Reminds me a bit of in 2015 when Kings were playing fine but Calgary and Winnipeg wouldn't ever stop losing. One damn good team is going to be left out this year.

Your attention please...
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    290 Post(s)

There are many reasons why this season has been a very depressing one around here. Main reason is, there is no light at the end of the tunnel...yet.
    Instead of listing the MANY reasons why, how about the most important one...The Kings are up against the cap with little to no hope in the minors.

In the past when the Kings were doing crappy, we expected it, but also saw all the young talent being groomed for greatness. Now, that same talent aren't as young, and are getting paid so much that some of them have to go. Problem is, no one wants them, so we are stuck with the contracts. On top of that, many of the prospects and picks were traded away. Even old mother Hubbard had more $#!+ in her cupboards. Again, there is little hope for the future right now.

Can that change? Sure. But, there are contracts that need to go. There are leaders that need to play like leaders, and there are a few bright spots in the system that need to miraculously play higher than they are projected. I guarantee that if a few of these had happened already this season, there wouldn't be as much doom and gloom. Hell, if in the off season a few of the big contracts get traded away, things will be looking up in here as well, because with that cap space, there is hope! If a trade goes down like Muzzin for Landeskog, then our future will look a little brighter. But as it stands...right now...the Kings look like they are treading water in a riptide.

I'm really hoping Kopi wakes up and gets hot, Carter re-finds his fire, and the defense tightens up. Just those three things could REALLY change the way the post season could be viewed on here. Let's be honest though, when your Captain seems to have been mailing it in all season...that just seeps into the team's psyche. I don't care what anyone says, as much of a boost as Quick coming back is, the mixed message being sent is trading the guy who stepped up and kept the team in the hunt. Nothing against Bishop, mind you. I'm glad we got him, but that trade, IMO, is the type that takes wind out of sails.

I don't know, man. The team doesn't seem to have an identity anymore, and like I said, the immediate future ain't bright. It might get bright a few seasons after Doughty leaves for greener pastures and we end up with the top pics for two or three season in a row. But until then...it looks bleak my friends.

All Star
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    225 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by boy1der View Post
    I don't know, man. The team doesn't seem to have an identity anymore, and like I said, the immediate future ain't bright. It might get bright a few seasons after Doughty leaves for greener pastures and we end up with the top pics for two or three season in a row. But until then...it looks bleak my friends.
    Sure they do! We just don't like said identity.

Aside, this team has the talent, they just haven't harnessed it consistently. Before the Flames went on their crazy run they looked like one of the worst teams in the league. A little confidence and swag has gone a long way for them. I LOVE Sutter but it may be time for a change if they don't push their way in.

Team LGK
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    167 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Moog View Post

-1.9 curtsey of the Ducks coughing one up with 19 seconds to go.
    "They probably sold 500 more beers. Had a six-minute intermission there. Darryl Sutter