canadian sloot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hipcheck View Post
    Not opposed to the trade...but a 4th rd pick? Almost as if DL isnt even trying anymore.
    no pick.

#1 Kings fan In The World
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    233 Post(s)

Default Iginla

shut up Iggy will be great with a few more games in

waxing poetic
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    801 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sweatypickle View Post
    no pick.
    assuming we miss the playoffs...
    "If the Kings win the Stanley Cup, I'll invite you and three friends over to drink Patine Cellars Wine from the Stanley Cup." Jim Fox to Hipcheck 09/28/2015

Click 4 LGK INTERNET RADIO ARCHIVE

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    288 Post(s)

Default Iginla

I'm still not clear... Is it simply making the playoffs triggers the 4th to Colorado? Or finals? A Cup? I've seen them all mentioned.

canadian sloot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hipcheck View Post
    assuming we miss the playoffs...
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkLeftHand View Post
    I'm still not clear... Is it simply making the playoffs triggers the 4th to Colorado? Or finals? A Cup? I've seen them all mentioned.
    There were two conditions, I don't believe it came out if they are both required to be met or only one. The first is if Iginla re-signs which is in the Kings control. The second is a post season condition (not just making it) which according to a "league source" is unattainable. It may have well been a trade for future considerations or a dish towel.

2nd Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    124 Post(s)

Never thought id say this... i want dwight king back for our top line.

Leaners FTL.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    516 Post(s)

Default You Guys Are Hilarious

We just picked up one of the greatest hockey players of all time and you don't know if he fits in, he seems slow, blah blah blah. Home biscuit has more hockey iq and experience than anyone on the ice. He tells Kopitar what to do and Kopi listens, look at a replay of the game. Guy like that is huge on the ice and in the locker room. Just look at the way he came out in the 2nd period all physical and wanting to rile things up a bit. He knows how to change the tone of a game. Give him a chance, dudes scored more than 500 goals in his amazing career, have some respect and patience

Your attention please...
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    302 Post(s)

HAHAHA! I have to laugh because I don't care how "old and slow" Iginla is, you put him on a line with two guys sucking @$$ and [some of you] expect him to score lights out? Are you freaking serious? It looks to me like Iginla is waiting for Kopi to be...Kopi. He goes to the right places, but nothing happens. Not because Iginla is old, but because the playmaker isn't playing. I don't expect JI to turn the franchise around, but it seems some of you do, when the guy that is SUPPOSED to carry the team, has been circling the net and passing to the point...when he's been wide freaking open!

The best players on the ice last night were Brown and Lewis. By far.

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3221 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by boy1der View Post
    HAHAHA! I have to laugh because I don't care how "old and slow" Iginla is, you put him on a line with two guys sucking @$$ and [some of you] expect him to score lights out? Are you freaking serious? It looks to me like Iginla is waiting for Kopi to be...Kopi. He goes to the right places, but nothing happens. Not because Iginla is old, but because the playmaker isn't playing. I don't expect JI to turn the franchise around, but it seems some of you do, when the guy that is SUPPOSED to carry the team, has been circling the net and passing to the point...when he's been wide freaking open!

The best players on the ice last night were Brown and Lewis. By far.
    So far from the two games I've seen of Iggy in a Kings uniform.. it's like he's trying to do his thing. But there is just zero chemistry with his linemates.

Iginla goes to the corner, chips it to the left to Kopitar. Kopitar cycles it back to him. Iggy gives it to Kopitar again and circles around the net hoping to get in front. Kopitar tries to cycle it back to him again... and Iginla isn't there anymore because he tried to get in front, turnover to the other team.

There were some attempts where Iginla was pushing up the ice on the right wing side. He does a cross ice pass to Gaborik on the left wing side. Gaborik either gets stick lifted by the opponent, or the pass is too hard and just off the mark.

There was even one play on Thursday (not Iginla related) where Kopitar surprisingly centered the puck from behind the net. Gaborik's stick was no where near the ice (it was high in the air), totally not expecting that pass from Kopitar, so yeah...

But with how bad the team has been, Iginla was certainly not going to solve all our problems. While he hasn't done anything yet, it's just been two games. Kempe is the one who is providing such a nice spark. It's up the rest of the team to stop screwing around and play to their abilities before it's too late.
    Facebook: facebook.com/grtoocool Twitter: @LGKTooCool

LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

Rink Dawg

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2022 Post(s)

To be fair to Iginla, he was traded to the Kings to fill a roster spot. If he can help out great, if he plays until the end of the regular season and doesn't do anything oh well. He wasn't playing much with Colorado and he is 39. I hope nobody here had any real expectations.