Thread: ***St. Louis Blues vs. LA Kings GDT 03/13/17 7:00PM <<Early Start***

I don't rattle, kid.
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2307 Post(s)

Not much to say at this point but I sure would love to see what Dowd could do on a team that's allowed to get creative in the the offensive zone. I think he'd be a incredible fit for Nashville, Chicago, Winnipeg or Washington.

2nd Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    186 Post(s)

There was a spell of about 10 minutes in the 2nd period where the kings absolutely dominated the blues. The only thing lacking was the final product. They just could not get the puck in the back of the net. The Blues get a goal and now you are chasing the game after working so hard.

Unfortunately this game iced the season. Unless something totally weird happens, we will be on the outside looking in on the playoff bubble. I don't want to say full fire sale at this point but it's almost time for a rebuild. The cupboard is bare and needs restocking and there are some atrocious contracts that will hamper this team for quite some time. Welcome back to the world of mediocrity and irrelevance.

2nd Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    138 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sevenhole View Post
    Pretty sure at that point....i wont be back
    Don't forget your blanket

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3082 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kubrick View Post
    Not much to say at this point but I sure would love to see what Dowd could do on a team that's allowed to get creative in the the offensive zone. I think he'd be a incredible fit for Nashville, Chicago, Winnipeg or Washington.
    Dowd and Kempe have great vision on the ice and I really enjoy watching them. They seem to have a knack for finding wide open players, something Kopitar doesn't seem to do at all.

Last night was a mess. Doughty was terrible last night and should have been benched in favor of Martinez and LaDue. Every time he was out there, he would find a way to turn the puck over. There's always talk about how Doughty is never "fazed" because of his poise. But maybe that's his weakness as well. He screws things up so much, he doesn't care to fix it because it doesn't faze him.

Kopitar was also a turnover machine. I don't get it. He gets bumped off the puck with ease now and if the opponent kinda pushes him, he just kind of pokes at the puck and doesn't show any effort in trying to retrieve it. What happen to the hustle? Before his got his new contract, it was a different Kopitar. I don't think anyone can deny that.

Quick was solid enough last night though I noticed that the Blues shot far side on him often. That had to have been the scouting report. Meanwhile, the Kings just think it's a great idea to shoot it right at Allen's chest over and over.

All in all, a frustrating night. The Kings did show up to play during the 1st two periods. The only problem was that you could feel that the Blues "turned it on" in the 3rd, on top of all the stupid penalties the Kings kept committing.
    Facebook: facebook.com/grtoocool Twitter: @LGKTooCool

LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

Rink Dawg