<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3082 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ice24 View Post
    First of all, I don't understand why anyone would be even talking about the OT and or shootout?

The Kings were playing Arizona!!!! A team that has been out of the playoff race since Thanksgiving!

Secondly the game was a must win for the Kings. Lastly the Kings had two leads in the game and one lead was with less than a minute left in the 3rd period at home.
    Enough said!
    ^^ This.

Like I said in page 2 or 3 of this GDT. Other good teams will cream the Coyotes 5-0 (watch the Blues do this when they play them 2-3 more times). But our Kings will either squeak out a 1 goal win (was going to be 2-1) or lose. That's just not acceptable.
    Facebook: facebook.com/grtoocool Twitter: @LGKTooCool

LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

Rink Dawg

Keeper of Dewy's teeth
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    831 Post(s)

After thinking about it, I guess what disappointed me the most over the last two games was the lack of urgency, especially on Monday. As the playoffs got closer both Calgary and St.Louis have stepped it up. The Kings?? Not so much.

Necromancer
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    577 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LAKingSteve View Post
    I paid $6+ fees (roughly $12 total/ticket) for tonight's game. I paid more for parking. As much as I love watching the game, it's really not worth driving from Corona at this point.
    It's not even worth wasting a Corona at this point.

1st Scoring Line
    Images
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1574 Post(s)

This was definitely not the type of response you'd want to see from a team trying to make the playoffs after the loss to St. Louis. As has been the case all season, they seem to lack the discipline and focus that comes with strong leadership. And i think it should be mentioned that, you're likely to see more mistakes with younger, less experienced players. So some of this, over the course of the season, should not come as a shock given how many new players are in the lineup. But overall, this team is not playing sharp.

Just... just listen.
    Images
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    741 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey53 View Post
    Not surprised darby,Doughty can't even shoot at the net if the lane to the net,was as wide as a 747.The ice seemed to be rough all night
    No, you misunderstood me. I don't have an opinion on his particular shot. I was taking issue with the concept of taking a shot there at all.

With a one goal lead, you try to clear the zone, yes. But you try to avoid the icing so you can get the change in, ease he pressure, and keep the clock running.

What you absolutely DO NOT do with a one goal lead is take a shot at the empty net until you've hit the red line. Again, you want to try to avoid the icing and the ensuing defensive zone faceoff. And no way in hell do you take the shot from behind your own net.

With a two goal lead? Sure. Take the chance. You've got the buffer to accept if the opposition scores on the ensuing faceoff.

But Doughty took the shot, missed, and the Kings gave up the lead. That shot and the icing cost the Kings a badly needed point.

"Only a numbskull thinks he knows things about things he knows nothing about."
    "It's understanding that makes it possible for people like us to tolerate a person like yourself."

2nd Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    229 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darby View Post
    No, you misunderstood me. I don't have an opinion on his particular shot. I was taking issue with the concept of taking a shot there at all.

With a one goal lead, you try to clear the zone, yes. But you try to avoid the icing so you can get the change in, ease he pressure, and keep the clock running.

What you absolutely DO NOT do with a one goal lead is take a shot at the empty net until you've hit the red line. Again, you want to try to avoid the icing and the ensuing defensive zone faceoff. And no way in hell do you take the shot from behind your own net.

With a two goal lead? Sure. Take the chance. You've got the buffer to accept if the opposition scores on the ensuing faceoff.

But Doughty took the shot, missed, and the Kings gave up the lead. That shot and the icing cost the Kings a badly needed point.
    It's amazing that with the technology we have these days, the million dollar arenas still can't figure out how to maintain the best ice conditions for professional hockey teams. Guys were blowing out tires all night, and I'm not talking about Brownie either. Not an excuse though to lose to the Coyotes, but it's a general observation of all the games I watch throughout the league.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    616 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KHenry14 View Post
    After thinking about it, I guess what disappointed me the most over the last two games was the lack of urgency, especially on Monday. As the playoffs got closer both Calgary and St.Louis have stepped it up. The Kings?? Not so much.
    I don't think there is a lack of urgency at all...I think there is a lack of skill and execution and a not enough quality guys at key positions. You basically have one line. If they don't score, you're in trouble.
    Last edited by LAKingSteve; March 15th, 2017 at 07:21 PM.

Part IV. A new begining..
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    462 Post(s)

A couple of trades over the summer and we are back on track for another cup run.

Team LGK
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    511 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darby View Post

I agree with that darby,and speaking of ice,it seemed like the puck was bouncing all over the place and there wasn't any clean tape to tape passes.Hopefully,Doughty learned from his mistake,if and when the time comes again in that situation.

Just... just listen.
    Images
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    741 Post(s)

No, the state of the ice is irrelevant. As is how close he may have come to scoring. The point is - you're not supposed to take that shot. At all. Regardless.

In a one goal game, if you have full control of the puck and time, you just clear the zone and make sure you don't ice it. He should have flipped it up in the air so that it would have landed in the neutral zone or something. Trying to score should have been the last thing on his mind.

"Only a numbskull thinks he knows things about things he knows nothing about."
    "It's understanding that makes it possible for people like us to tolerate a person like yourself."