Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 72

Thread: Life is not fair

  1. #11
    Air Hockey Champ
    PuckMaster's Avatar
    Karma: 1074000
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    218
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    20 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bodycheck View Post
    10 measly goals make a difference.
    Paging Mr. Kopitar, please pick up the courtesy phone...

  2. #12
    1st Scoring Line
    hokiecat's Avatar
    Karma: 2147483647
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,656
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    788 Post(s)

    Default

    We have no puck luck.

    How else can you explain so many games outshooting the opposition by a wide margin and losing? It's puck luck. We've had 40 plus games of rotten puck luck.

    No way it could be a system that encourages low percentage shots.

  3. #13
    1st Scoring Line
    Moog's Avatar
    Karma: 2052583647
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,352
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1174 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hokiecat View Post
    We have no puck luck.

    How else can you explain so many games outshooting the opposition by a wide margin and losing? It's puck luck. We've had 40 plus games of rotten puck luck.

    No way it could be a system that encourages low percentage shots.
    Not sure if post is serious or sarcasm........hmmmmmmmm

  4. #14
    1st Scoring Line
    Rocket's Avatar
    Karma: 1281979
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Posts
    3,523
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    31 Post(s)

    Default

    If we are expecting FAIRNESS to allow success we have already lost. We must be better than other teams. That's it. That's what it's all and only about. I want a Cup winning Team that doesn't need FAIRNESS to win Championships.

    We don't have that, and what's worse is that we have regressed from last year.

    We don't need FAIR we need EXCELLENCE on the ice.

  5. #15
    1st Scoring Line
    Sevenhole's Avatar
    Karma: 1765000
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1,787
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    398 Post(s)

    Default

    its not about the total number of goals scored...its about how many and when. having a goal scoring organism one game then going three games with out a goal is what this team has been about. the thing about the ducks is they generally do not lose to teams they should beat. that is why their playoff performance are subpar, no lacky teams to collect points from.
    Last edited by Sevenhole; March 15th, 2017 at 12:09 PM.

  6. #16
    Cause Mitchrock said so
    dannybuoy1's Avatar
    Karma: 2023112
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    4,720
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    319 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WstCoastFlyer View Post
    I am only stating what all you OLD SCHOOLERS are thinking .....if I say this team sucks I am the new guy but if you say this team sucks you get lots YES YES YES..
    I have been a fan of this team since 1981. I have been through the lowest of the lows (which this team is not) to the highest of the highs (which this team is not). I could have bailed on this team decades ago. But I stuck with it, watching them on scrambled pay tv when they were no longer on channel 9 to when I cried in front of 18,000 people at Staples Center when Dustin Brown hoisted that cup.

    The bottom line is, there have been far worse times from what you are seeing now. Has nothing to do with old or new school.

    Why am I having this conversation???????

  7. #17
    Necromancer
    Lich King's Avatar
    Karma: 1371000
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    4,156
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    577 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dannybuoy1 View Post
    I have been a fan of this team since 1981. I have been through the lowest of the lows (which this team is not) to the highest of the highs (which this team is not). I could have bailed on this team decades ago. But I stuck with it, watching them on scrambled pay tv when they were no longer on channel 9 to when I cried in front of 18,000 people at Staples Center when Dustin Brown hoisted that cup.

    The bottom line is, there have been far worse times from what you are seeing now. Has nothing to do with old or new school.

    Why am I having this conversation???????
    '76-'77 for me.

    Just like the good ol' days. Settling back into my old mindset.

  8. #18
    King
    King Smokey's Avatar
    Karma: 18165000
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    554
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    78 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WstCoastFlyer View Post
    I just wish they were more consistent like the ducks ...
    Said no one ever...

  9. #19
    1st Scoring Line
    05/29/93's Avatar
    Karma: 1383000
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,512
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    245 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WstCoastFlyer View Post
    I became a KINGS fan during the Stanley Cup loss to MTL......I used to go to Kings games where the tix cost were 10 bucks.....I still have my FELIX POTVIN jersey....I have cheered on this team for as long as I know, way before Ducks came into the league ...LA KINGS got me interested in hockey..I never really had any sort of expectations from this team until they won 2 cups in 3 yrs......I can never really hate coach sutter or DENO or Brown or GABBO or anyone else .......I just wish they were more consistent like the ducks ...
    Not to nitpick, but both of these events occurred in 1993.

  10. #20
    1st Scoring Line
    Moog's Avatar
    Karma: 2052583647
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,352
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1174 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WstCoastFlyer View Post
    I became a KINGS fan during the Stanley Cup loss to MTL......I used to go to Kings games where the tix cost were 10 bucks.....I still have my FELIX POTVIN jersey....I have cheered on this team for as long as I know, way before Ducks came into the league ...LA KINGS got me interested in hockey..I never really had any sort of expectations from this team until they won 2 cups in 3 yrs......I can never really hate coach sutter or DENO or Brown or GABBO or anyone else .......I just wish they were more consistent like the ducks ...
    Why?!?!?!?
    Of all the things you wrote, that is the one that sticks out the most to me.

    Is it hanging next to your Fuhr signed jersey?

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •