Thread: Ralph Strangis

Air Hockey Champ
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    19 Post(s)

My vote would be to promote Nick up to the TV, but if he really prefers the radio then Rosen should be the guy...

Original Bandwaggoner
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    49 Post(s)

No one will ever be able to fill Bob Millers shoes. That being said, Strangis' style isn't what I like at all. Hearing Jon Rosen last night was a relief from the recent broadcasts where the PBP commentary was way too excited and full of lame turns of phrases. Basically reminded me of Doc Emrick and that guy who does PBP for the ducks.

My first choice would be Nick Nickson, but I'm willing to have a guy like Jon Rosen fit into the role and given time to do so.

Just... just listen.
    Images
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    645 Post(s)

I only heard about 8 minutes of the call last night, but I liked what I heard from Rosen. Simple call with a nice, even tempo.

"Only a numbskull thinks he knows things about things he knows nothing about."
    "It's understanding that makes it possible for people like us to tolerate a person like yourself."

2nd Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    56 Post(s)

I thought he was ok but like someone constant and didn't seem to work with Foxy with pauses to let him get in there. There was a stretch where I didn't think there was anyone else but Rosen. I am sure that timing can come with working together a bit more.

I did think he used the phrase "weathered the hit" way too often.

Put Me In Coach!
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    83 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GALLY View Post
    I thought he was ok but like someone constant and didn't seem to work with Foxy with pauses to let him get in there.
    And this is a bad thing? Fox needs to take it back a notch or ten. He's been especially hopped up post-Cups.

If it's not Nickson on TV PBP, it should be Rosen. But if they keep Nickson on radio, Rosen please. Dude is a pro. Nothing against Strangis.

Inanimate ****ing object
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2464 Post(s)

I thought he did a very good job, especially considering how nervous he must have been. I wouldn't mind at all if he is the one who takes over for Bob.

Super Sexy
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1528 Post(s)

**** man, I must be getting hold and heading downhill in a hurry, because I hated him last night. I'm not a huge Strangis fan either.

I just think they need to shut up most of the time.

I don't need them to tell me everything that is going on at every second, because I'm watching the game. I can see who has the puck, and obviously better than them because I catch all their mistakes. I'd like them to spend more time telling me a story and less time describing where the puck is.

I'd be fine with Thorne.
    at the draft party a couple of years ago, and under a considerable haze, i heard Birdman yell out the following (about 4 or 5 times, i think) - "don't marry yourselves to players!" he went on to reiterate that idea more than once on the boards, and i believe it to be absolutely sage.

---gescom

Just... just listen.
    Images
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    645 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Birdman View Post
    **** man, I must be getting hold and heading downhill in a hurry, because I hated him last night. I'm not a huge Strangis fan either.

I don't need them to tell me everything that is going on at every second, because I'm watching the game. I can see who has the puck, and obviously better than them because I catch all their mistakes. I'd like them to spend more time telling me a story and less time describing where the puck is.

I'd be fine with Thorne.
    Thorne would be my #1 choice, but I thought he had a regular gig on the East Coast.

2nd Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    31 Post(s)

I liked Rosen. His voice is actually soothing. No need to describe the play as if you are on radio though. He should be the next PBP guy.

Inanimate ****ing object
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2464 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Birdman View Post

I'd be fine with Thorne.
    Quote Originally Posted by darby View Post
    Thorne would be my #1 choice, but I thought he had a regular gig on the East Coast.
    Thorne is my favorite as well, but darby's right, he's got a regular baseball PBP gig out East.