Thread: That's our response?!!!!

3rd Line Role Player
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    90 Post(s)

So, what exactly is the purpose of, let's say, Clifford and Andreoff if it's solely the Captain's fault if the team didn't retaliate to the elbowing of DD? Some team leaders (less and less nowadays) fight, while the majority don't and while Kopitar has only one fight in his NHL career to his credit, that's not expected of him. Maybe it was coaches' instructions not to retaliate with a fight, what good would it do anyway at that point in the game? Instigator and major fight penalty, you're looking here at least 2+2 or 5 min man down.

And since some of the posters here talk about the Captain not being vocal enough (aka krapitar, heartless pup, etc.) how do YOU know what goes on inside the locker room? Does a Captain of a professional sports team really need to be all "rah-rah-rah" in front of the media? DD as captain? Please, no. Immature and whining (while being a lot more prone to mistakes than last year). It's a team trend really this year, Carter being the exception.

Is this for real...
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    105 Post(s)

Default That's our response?!!!!

^^
    This

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    288 Post(s)

Wow, no balls. Disgusting effort. The lack of response to the cheap shot on Doughty, alone, should be enough to earn Sutter his walking papers.

I honestly don't give a damn if a shot at the playoffs hang in the balance. Tkachuk should have been spitting blood within 20 seconds of throwing that elbow. That's what always has, and always will be, the essence of a team who has what it takes to win a championship.

Is this for real...
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    105 Post(s)

I agree with the poster above. Just don't think it should be Kopitar that hands out the revenge...

Let Andreoff or Clifford take the suspension and let the team split the fines...

Stanley Cup Champions !!
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    384 Post(s)

Time and place.

When you HAVE to win each game is not the time retaliate. Besides Clifford or Andreoff isn't going to send a message. Unless they jump Gaudreau, Then they would be just as bad.

With the days of McSorley past, you just let the Safety Board handle it until a time where you don't jeopardize the playoffs.

2nd Scoring Line
    Images
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    124 Post(s)

****ing loser ass bums...

RANGZ
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1363 Post(s)

A small part of me was hoping Iginla would make a bit of a statement in his former home.

waxing poetic
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    802 Post(s)

Pathetic for sure, but not surprising. I took heat for saying Sutter lost the team months ago....I stand by my comments and that was exhibit #142.
    "If the Kings win the Stanley Cup, I'll invite you and three friends over to drink Patine Cellars Wine from the Stanley Cup." Jim Fox to Hipcheck 09/28/2015

Click 4 LGK INTERNET RADIO ARCHIVE

Team LGK
    Images
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1610 Post(s)

They're trying to win a game? You don't go and take an instigator/retaliatory penalty during a game this important. Lets see what happens when they play them towards the end of the season in a meaningless game. That's when i'd be mad if there was no message sent.

It's
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    109 Post(s)

Wait until the next game against Calgary. After we are eliminated from the playoffs.