Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 84

Thread: That's our response?!!!!

  1. #21
    1st Scoring Line
    Greg33's Avatar
    Karma: 1118050
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    2,060
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    155 Post(s)

    Default

    Skeptical of a Tkachuk suspension since Doughty returned to the game and was "not hurt bad enough". Stupid logic the NHL has, therefor:

    Tkachuk deserved to have Matt Johnson skate up from behind and knock his goddamn head off with the gloves still on.

  2. #22
    Concussed Villain
    Mondo Blando's Avatar
    Karma: 5997204
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    11,135
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4205 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Helvetica View Post
    They're trying to win a game? You don't go and take an instigator/retaliatory penalty during a game this important. Lets see what happens when they play them towards the end of the season in a meaningless game. That's when i'd be mad if there was no message sent.
    I disagree. Last night was the perfect time. Trust your dominant penalty kill. Set the tone for the next two games you have with them.

    Justin Williams would have done it. Willie Mitchell would have done it. Mike Richards sure as **** would have done it.

    There are more important things involved with building a contending team than one lousy penalty kill. And that is lost on this group - it's why they needed those guys in the first place. Now that they've gone, it's back to the same core group of heartless wusses.

  3. #23
    <3 Tanner <3
    TooCool's Avatar
    Karma: 2147135536
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    20,132
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3221 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mondo Blando View Post

    Justin Williams would have done it. Willie Mitchell would have done it. Mike Richards sure as **** would have done it.
    If Matt Greene was in, he would have for sure.

    Speaking of Greener though, I really wonder if he is suffering from long term injuries or they're just telling him to sit and collect his paycheck so the kids can play (since they tried to waive him after all).
    Facebook: facebook.com/grtoocool Twitter: @LGKTooCool

    LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

    Rink Dawg

  4. #24
    I don't rattle, kid.
    Kubrick's Avatar
    Karma: 25070114
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    17,396
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2310 Post(s)

    Default

    Sending a message doesn't mean sending Tkachuck to the morgue. There's more ways to send a message than just sending a 4th line plug out there to try to beat him to a pulp. Anyone could've and should've got him to fight last night. Anybody. That's the messsage. We're all in this together. And if Lewis goes out and fights Tkachuck and it ends up being a wrestling match, so be it. That's sending a clear message. You **** with one of us, you've ****ed with all of us.

    This squad is dog ****. What happened to the message of culture and identity that Lombardi has been selling us?

  5. #25
    Regina...rhymes with fun
    RockPile's Avatar
    Karma: 1711218350
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    3,153
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    285 Post(s)

    Default

    Mondo rightfully mentioned set the tone. That's the job of the captain and team leaders, not the coaching staff. That's a culture issue. Players need to feel that their sacrifices are reciprocated by their teammates. When it's evident that it isn't you have a culture of "let's just do our best", which is a recipe for failure. And yes, it starts with the C. You can't separate the C out and say our team principles apply to everyone except the C. He shouldn't have to be the one to jump in as the team code should already be ingrained in everyone but when your team is allowing itself to be taken advantage of, the C needs to remind his players that they stick up for one another, by example if necessary.

  6. #26
    2nd Scoring Line
    rozzy's Avatar
    Karma: 1090558
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    443
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    145 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mondo Blando View Post
    I disagree. Last night was the perfect time. Trust your dominant penalty kill. Set the tone for the next two games you have with them.

    Justin Williams would have done it. Willie Mitchell would have done it. Mike Richards sure as **** would have done it.

    There are more important things involved with building a contending team than one lousy penalty kill. And that is lost on this group - it's why they needed those guys in the first place. Now that they've gone, it's back to the same core group of heartless wusses.
    Def back to a heartless core

  7. #27
    <3 Tanner <3
    TooCool's Avatar
    Karma: 2147135536
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    20,132
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3221 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RockPile View Post
    Mondo rightfully mentioned set the tone. That's the job of the captain and team leaders, not the coaching staff. That's a culture issue. Players need to feel that their sacrifices are reciprocated by their teammates. When it's evident that it isn't you have a culture of "let's just do our best", which is a recipe for failure. And yes, it starts with the C. You can't separate the C out and say our team principles apply to everyone except the C. He shouldn't have to be the one to jump in as the team code should already be ingrained in everyone but when your team is allowing itself to be taken advantage of, the C needs to remind his players that they stick up for one another, by example if necessary.
    Reminds me of this back in December.



    A huge reason why the Rangers won't win a cup. They don't stick up for their teammates either.
    Facebook: facebook.com/grtoocool Twitter: @LGKTooCool

    LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

    Rink Dawg

  8. #28
    4th Line Rabble-Rouser
    beedee's Avatar
    Karma: 25324100
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    4,243
    Images
    1
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1150 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by racer011 View Post
    So, what exactly is the purpose of, let's say, Clifford and Andreoff if it's solely the Captain's fault if the team didn't retaliate to the elbowing of DD? Some team leaders (less and less nowadays) fight, while the majority don't and while Kopitar has only one fight in his NHL career to his credit, that's not expected of him. Maybe it was coaches' instructions not to retaliate with a fight, what good would it do anyway at that point in the game? Instigator and major fight penalty, you're looking here at least 2+2 or 5 min man down.

    And since some of the posters here talk about the Captain not being vocal enough (aka krapitar, heartless pup, etc.) how do YOU know what goes on inside the locker room? Does a Captain of a professional sports team really need to be all "rah-rah-rah" in front of the media? DD as captain? Please, no. Immature and whining (while being a lot more prone to mistakes than last year). It's a team trend really this year, Carter being the exception.

    Did you see the post game show the other night when Stoll asked Dowd who was doing the talking in the locker room in between periods? He (Stoll) asked if it was Carter and/or Doughty, and not one hint of Kopi....

  9. #29
    <3 Tanner <3
    TooCool's Avatar
    Karma: 2147135536
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    20,132
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3221 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by beedee View Post
    Did you see the post game show the other night when Stoll asked Dowd who was doing the talking in the locker room in between periods? He (Stoll) asked if it was Carter and/or Doughty, and not one hint of Kopi....
    And we all knew during the 2 cup runs that the people who were most vocal were Greene, Richards, Williams, and Mitchell.
    Facebook: facebook.com/grtoocool Twitter: @LGKTooCool

    LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

    Rink Dawg

  10. #30
    Regina...rhymes with fun
    RockPile's Avatar
    Karma: 1711218350
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    3,153
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    285 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TooCool View Post
    Reminds me of this back in December.


    A huge reason why the Rangers won't win a cup. They don't stick up for their teammates either.
    LOL, Eakin was the most surprised one in the building that he didn't get jumped. His head was on a swivel after that hit and then when nothing happened he was like,


Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •