Cardiac hockey
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    258 Post(s)

Default 2017 Dodgers Season Thread

I wouldn't be opposed to giving up some prospects considering our farm depth. This team is on the cusp of something great. You don't get this close that often. Sometimes you have to pay the price.

Kings Fan
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    127 Post(s)

I will have to disagree with you. What if they had given up Seager or Bellenger for a trade. I feel they have what it takes to win with what they have and keep the future intact especially with the depth of the farm. (I pray everyday the Kings had this kind of depth)

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2083 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hkyfmly View Post
    So do the Dodgers make a move or stay pat and do not give up prospects for a minor tweak? I want them to stand pat and not give up any prospects.
    They are pretty solid right now, stand pat and if things don't work out this season, make the deals in the off season that will put them over the top. You won't have to give up as much and this team is built to win for a while. Of course if the pitching holds up.

I have the best words
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    365 Post(s)

The Dodgers smartly didn't give up Seager or Bellinger, and that's why they're in position to win it this year. Getting that other piece now (No. 2 starter and/or LH reliever) will increase those odds dramatically considering the other NL contenders have all made moves to improve. This is a magical regular season, but Seattle had a pretty magical season in 2001, and there's zero trophies in their case to show for it. Trade a top prospect or two this year, still have a deep farm system for the future, work the post-waiver trade deadline (the Dodgers are masters of this), and finish what we've started here.

Kings Fan
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    127 Post(s)

Does anyone know if there is a site like LGK for the Dodgers I can go to for updates and team info like I get here? Thanks in advance.

I have the best words
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    365 Post(s)

www.truebluela.com is decent. Active comment board. All others seemed to be manned by teenagers.

The closest to this site was www.dodgerblues.com. Very sarcastic, mostly angry Dodger "fan" site. The best was the running clock on the front page that tracked the time since the last great Dodger moment (Gibson's HR in '88). The skeleton is still up there if you want to click and view the past posts, but unfortunately the past forum threads are gone. Got ugly there, which was ridiculously awesome.

I have the best words
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    365 Post(s)

FYI to all the "keep the prospects" folks:

"Jeff Passan of Yahoo Sports writes that "it's getting increasingly harder" to see the Dodgers pulling off a trade for Yu Darvish.
    Passan reports that the two sides just aren't matching up despite plenty of discussions. The Dodgers are reluctant to include top prospects Walker Buehler or Alex Verdugo and unless they budge, this appears unlikely to come together by Monday's deadline. Stay tuned."

Got a few more hours ...

Kings Fan
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    127 Post(s)

Thanks for the web site. And I would not give up Buehler and Verdugo for a guy that may be a rental. I guess I am just not a win at all cots person. I am a Plan for the future person.

I have the best words
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    365 Post(s)

I'm a "don't want to be the 2001 Mariners" person.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    95 Post(s)

Does anybody feel comfortable with Luis Avilan or Josh Fields pitching in the 7th inning?
    How about Hill or Wood pitching a must win game 2 or 3? Lets hope Hill's blister problem doesn't re-appear. Or Wood's elbow doesn't get sore again.

In my opinion, we need a starter to thrown game 2 following Kershaw.

I wish Dodgers had a bat to protect Bellinger. Teams can pitch around him with guys like Forsythe and Pederson following him.

Dodgers have the prospects now to put the team over the top. They are so close.