All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1989 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey53 View Post
    Unfortunately, Rinne has given up at least 6 bad/soft goals in the ducks game 2 & game 4 wins,plus Subban's brain freeze on his GW OTG didn't help either.
    That was a great redirection. Right into the net! You can't ask for a better tip!

Bar room hero
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    717 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WstCoastFlyer View Post
    Poor pk subban...the ONLY black guy at the game last nite...it must be he'll for him living in such a trump state.
    It is not as bad as you think. Is there racism and redneck crap in Tennessee, sure. But we get that here in So Cal as well.

The same fans who are rooting for the Preds also root for the Titans and the Volunteers. Actually they live and die with Vols. And there are plenty of black guys on those teams. And Nashville is not as "redneck" as most people think. It is the home of country music and there black country singer and musicians. Also, there is an Indy Music scene there.

One of my best pals, and huge fellow Kings fan, moved to Arkansas a couple of years ago. Has been to Nashville a few times. He was surprised at the cool downtown scene with cool pubs, bars and cafes that had folks of all races hanging out and everyone was cool.

Like most places big cities are a different world than the rural areas.

I have a feeling that Subban is doing just fine.

On a another note:

My good pal who moved to Arkansas? Sold his house, only a few blocks away from me for $650K. It was a 1500 sq Ft house with 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. He bought a 2500 sq ft, 4 beds 3 baths on a lake for 260K. And 260k is considered "extremely high" for house in his town.
    Last edited by Kings Provisional; May 19th, 2017 at 02:20 PM.

CalgaryKing
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1004 Post(s)

Default Playoffs

According to Elliotte Friedman Ryan Johansen is done for the playoffs because he needs surgery for a thigh injury suffered last night:

https://twitter.com/FriedgeHNIC/status/865675886007287810

RANGZ
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1329 Post(s)

Huge blow to the Preds.
    Adios Cup.

Hit the net!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    119 Post(s)

That sucks. Ducks got huge stroke of luck right there.

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1989 Post(s)

Injuries happen, look at Pittsburgh. Might be a rematch between Ottawa and Anaheim for the cup.

it's camping season!!
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    288 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kings Provisional View Post
    It is not as bad as you think. Is there racism and redneck crap in Tennessee, sure. But we get that here in So Cal as well.

The same fans who are rooting for the Preds also root for the Titans and the Volunteers. Actually they live and die with Vols. And there are plenty of black guys on those teams. And Nashville is not as "redneck" as most people think. It is the home of country music and there black country singer and musicians. Also, there is an Indy Music scene there.

One of my best pals, and huge fellow Kings fan, moved to Arkansas a couple of years ago. Has been to Nashville a few times. He was surprised at the cool downtown scene with cool pubs, bars and cafes that had folks of all races hanging out and everyone was cool.

Like most places big cities are a different world than the rural areas.

I have a feeling that Subban is doing just fine.

On a another note:

My good pal who moved to Arkansas? Sold his house, only a few blocks away from me for $650K. It was a 1500 sq Ft house with 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. He bought a 2500 sq ft, 4 beds 3 baths on a lake for 260K. And 260k is considered "extremely high" for house in his town.
    Nice!! only downside? you have to live in Arkansas...

WereApe
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    71 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kings Provisional View Post
    On a another note:

Are most of his neighbors born and raised Arkansans? I'm guessing if they can afford a house in his neighborhood, they probably have most of their teeth and are likely married to a second cousin at worst. . .
    Big houses and good views are great, but he is still in Arkansas.

Bar room hero
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    717 Post(s)

Alright guys. I get that all us LA city boys like to make fun of folks in the "country".

BTW, is it any wonder why LA and NYC are most hated cities in the US? It is our attitude towards the rest of the country. Ok, maybe Chicago too, but we are viewed as elitist a-holes. Are they wrong?

But my pal who moved out there grew up here. He is just is just like us. And he loves out there. I have not been but a few mutual pals who live here have gone out and have said how cool it out there.

The talk about married to cousins and missing teeth is flat out BS. It just is not like that. Trust me on this.

Now Perhaps I am jaded on this. I have visited rural Canada and rural parts of the UK and Euro countries. And it is the same as here. London is despised in the most of the UK. So is Berlin, and Vienna, Prague ect ect.... What I find is be cool with everyone you meet and they will be cool with you. Just don't be an elitist prick and everything is ok.

BTW in Canada Vancouver, Toronto and Montreal is just like LA.

Shepard4Kings
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chaingunsofdoom View Post
    According to Elliotte Friedman Ryan Johansen is done for the playoffs because he needs surgery for a thigh injury suffered last night:

https://twitter.com/FriedgeHNIC/stat...75886007287810
    Un-****ing real. Anaheim will get the Cup handed to them on a silver platter. Just a disgrace of a postseason. ****