Go Tanner Go!
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    346 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hkyfmly View Post
    Me and my wife were on that trip. Whalers playing in the middle of a mall was interesting. The other fan clubs were great.
    Yeah Hartford Mall wasn't my ideal site for a professional hockey arena ... LOL!

Kings Fan
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    107 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by roenick View Post
    Yeah Hartford Mall wasn't my ideal site for a professional hockey arena ... LOL!
    I remember finding out about the Stevens for Tochett trade during the pre game party with the Whalers Booster Club. That was a shocker.

I have a bad rep!
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    378 Post(s)

Driving just outside of Bakersfield when a pickup passed, and the teen passenger waved his Kings hat at us. We were basically with them for the next hour and a half all the way to Staples Center. If I had known they were also going to the game, we could have carpooled.

Driving in heavy traffic on the 5 in OC when the truck next to us honked. When I looked, the guy smiled and flipped me off. I thought, WTF did we do to him? As he passed we saw the Ducks flags. Their fans apparently have a very low tolerance for Kings auto decals.

A guy from an outside company was recently at our office to set up a new printer. When he saw all of our Kings stuff, he mentioned that he gets suite tickets for various sporting events and asked if we were interested. A week later we got an email asking if we'd like to join him for an Angel game next month. Now the Angels are certainly not the Kings, and we're actually big Dodger fans, but we couldn't resist when we got to the part about free snacks, food, drinks, and alcoholic beverages in a suite behind home plate. Dude basically had me at free suite tickets, but free food and alcohol? I have a new best friend!!! If I can behave myself for this, I might just score a Kings game next season.

Concussed Villain
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4053 Post(s)

In my experiences in San Jose, twice a year from 2002-2009, the Sharks fans were terrific. Very cordial, just a couple of good natured ribs. I assume the playoffs must have changed that.

2nd Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)

I’ve been to a handful of games in Van City and received the ugly American treatment, deservedly. We were living up to the stereotype. Did get “detained” at the border by Mounties (day trip from Seattle to van city). I could not stop laughing at the hats they wore (admittedly a bad start) and had to answer a series of double-speak “informal” questions while my friends slept off the booze in the lobby of their station. Good times.

All Star
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    226 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mondo Blando View Post
    In my experiences in San Jose, twice a year from 2002-2009, the Sharks fans were terrific. Very cordial, just a couple of good natured ribs. I assume the playoffs must have changed that.
    Probably that and at that time there was little rivalry, which in 15 was maybe at its peak. It's also too bad that a few idiots can make the fan base look bad. I'm sure we have plenty of Kings fans that do that.