Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ralph Strangis -- Where Does He Go from Here?

Inanimate ****ing object
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2501 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Butch 19 View Post
    for pxp? Is there some other Billy McDonald in the hockey world that I'm unaware of??
    I think he meant Ronald.

2nd Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    102 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UnholyGoalie View Post
    I chuckled a lot when Evans had the PBP call because often he would revert back to doing color out of habit and then for a minute or so you'd have both Evans and Fox doing analysis and nobody doing the PBP.
    Yeah...there's a learning curve indeed...but heck, for his first time doing PBP that I'm aware of he did great. Time would make him even better.

2nd Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    102 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by moto67e View Post
    Really? I thought he was by far the worst PxP guy this year. He was awful in that role.
    Who knows what Darryl's comfort level of doing it was going into that night. I think he rose to the occasion the best he could and I think he pretty much delivered.

SHOOT!
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    258 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ice24 View Post
    Does it really matter who comes in at this point?
    um, yeah - it kinda does.

What's Cammi Granato up to these days?

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Butch 19 View Post
    um, yeah - it kinda does.

What's Cammi Granato up to these days?
    having the best play by play person, will not improve this team. Five years from now, that's when you go after the big hire!

Dorkus Malorkus
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    386 Post(s)

Does it really matter who comes in at this point?
    having the best play by play person, will not improve this team. Five years from now, that's when you go after the big hire!
    Why do you think the people who are responding here think a PBP guy will help the team win? I'm sure everyone knows the media who cover the team has NOTHING to do with the on-ice play.

Whatever the case I'm still rooting for Nick on TV with John Rosen on radio. But...we'll see...

jom

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jom View Post
    Why do you think the people who are responding here think a PBP guy will help the team win? I'm sure everyone knows the media who cover the team has NOTHING to do with the on-ice play.

Whatever the case I'm still rooting for Nick on TV with John Rosen on radio. But...we'll see...

jom
    Those are good choices. First of all your following a HOF, secondly the team is on a down-slide. It is just bad timing for a new PBPP. If we get on Jim Fox's case for making excuses for the team, how do you think the new PBP guy is going to sound?

Bob had so many dreadful years with the Kings that he mastered his craft even when the Kings were terrible, he was great to listen to, however there is only one Bob Miller. Somebody has to take the job, so it will be an interesting pick.

Dorkus Malorkus
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    386 Post(s)

Those are good choices. First of all your following a HOF, secondly the team is on a down-slide. It is just bad timing for a new PBPP. If we get on Jim Fox's case for making excuses for the team, how do you think the new PBP guy is going to sound?

Bob had so many dreadful years with the Kings that he mastered his craft even when the Kings were terrible, he was great to listen to, however there is only one Bob Miller. Somebody has to take the job, so it will be an interesting pick.
    Hence, my suggestion on Nickson for TV. Not many will complain about him....AND it somewhat insulates JR since when it comes down to it no one really cares about the radio guy. If Nick doesn't want to do TV then I'd rather not have JR doing that since he'll get skinned alive as the follow-up to Miller. I think JR is gonna be real good but putting him on TV will expose him to irrational criticism....I've already seen it here on LGK...he'll get roasted if he gets the TV gig.

jom