Thread: Hawks Broken Beyond Repair?

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3003 Post(s)

I'll admit, I haven't watched a lick of of the NHL playoffs this year and I likely won't, not unless there is a game that goes to goes to 3OT or longer. I just check the box score at around midnight or if someone mentions the score or whatever here on LGK or Facebook.

I think the glaring difference between the Hawks and Kings is that the Hawks still show up to play during the regular season. It's certainly enough to get them that #1 seed easily whereas the Kings can't even beat the crappy teams to save their playoff chances. No idea what the Hawks are doing in the playoffs, is it more that they're getting completely shut down or their players just didn't show up? Maybe all the young players on the Hawks are feeling too much pressure? I think there are Hawks fans that think Toews's game has really fallen off. But like jammer said, the Hawks fans just feel like they don't "have it" this year as opposed to "let's blow this team up!". In a way, the playoffs can be such a crapshoot because when you lose 4 games, you're done. Yet on the other side of the coin, winning 4 games in a series means you're just that much better.
    Facebook: facebook.com/grtoocool Twitter: @LGKTooCool

LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

Rink Dawg

Show me your hands..now! jccawdrey's Avatar
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    830 Post(s)

All their $$$ tied up in two contracts...almost as bad as L.A.Ks

WereApe
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    50 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by USCKingsFan31 View Post
    Did you watch this series?

Forget comparing the last three seasons tit for tat.

Explain to me what makes the Blackhawks, who just ended their season with eight straight losses and got totally blown away by Nashville, more primed to compete for Stanley Cups in the next 3-5 years than the Kings.
    I did not get a chance to see most of it. Having said that. . .
    Which contract on Chi is the 'Dustin Brown'
    Which one is the 'Marion Gaborik'
    Which one is the 'Quick'
    Also, who is OUR Kane? Who is our Seabrook? Carter? Muzzin?
    Anisimov was hurting at the end of the year for sure. That doesn't excuse the egg they laid, but they are in MUCH better shape to ship out the parts that aren't working and filling in the talent blanks than the Kings are.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    247 Post(s)

Default Hawks Broken Beyond Repair?

I was pretty thrilled when Panarin scored that late game goal against us, in a game that was meaningless for both teams, Bob Miller final home game aside. That point cost the Blackhawks an extra 2 mill(roughly) in cap space next year, right?

Edit: For the capologists out there,can anyone clarify how this will affect Chicago's cap next year? Do the performance bonuses apply directly to their cap total, which would equate to Panarin being a 6mill + 2.5mill cap hit?
    Last edited by DarkLeftHand; April 21st, 2017 at 07:39 PM.

Nyssa's Minion
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2913 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLeftHand View Post
    I was pretty thrilled when Panarin scored that late game goal against us, in a game that was meaningless for both teams, Bob Miller final home game aside. That point cost the Blackhawks an extra 2 mill(roughly) in cap space next year, right?

Edit: For the capologists out there,can anyone clarify how this will affect Chicago's cap next year? Do the performance bonuses apply directly to their cap total, which would equate to Panarin being a 6mill + 2.5mill cap hit?
    those bonus payments can be delayed through the next season through the effect of the daily average calculation. So if they are under and can afford it, it happens retroactively. If not it gets applied through the next season.

Hell yes.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    235 Post(s)

I mean, if Chicago doesn't want Kane or Toews, I'd sure as heck like to see them in Kings sweaters. Panarin, Seabrook, and Keith as well.

Classic player
    Images
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3408 Post(s)

The Hawks played in 4 more playoff games than the Kings did this year. Kings have played 5 playoff games in 3 years. No "contender" is more broken than the Kings.

Bowman just called out his whole team and promises changes. I believe him far more than I did Lombardi at his Coffee With Bob propaganda appearance.

\_(ツ)_/
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    613 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NobleSavage View Post
    I did not get a chance to see most of it. Having said that. . .
    Which contract on Chi is the 'Dustin Brown'
    Which one is the 'Marion Gaborik'
    Which one is the 'Quick'
    Also, who is OUR Kane? Who is our Seabrook? Carter? Muzzin?
    Anisimov was hurting at the end of the year for sure. That doesn't excuse the egg they laid, but they are in MUCH better shape to ship out the parts that aren't working and filling in the talent blanks than the Kings are.
    I don't really think it matters trying to figure out who's who. The big difference I see is the NMCs. CHI has over $45M tied up in contracts with NMCs for at least three more years.

Compare that to the Kings, with only $15M tied up. I don't know that CHI is that much better equipped to ship out parts that aren't working.
    "Bob Miller did a great job for the Kings for over a number of years." -Daryl Evans, March 23, 2017.

Show me your hands..now! jccawdrey's Avatar
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    830 Post(s)

^^^ This ^^^^