Team LGK
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    742 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Moog View Post
    So....considering what took place last year around this time, and comparing this years current standings to last year around this time.......does Sigi get fired if the Crew blow out the Galaxy?
    Yes. Steve Sampson will be brought in next, then we have to pry Frank Yallop away from the GM job in Fresno.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1805 Post(s)

Got tix for a very inexpensive fee so I went to the Crew match.

Obviously the score was unexpected. I expected the reverse result for the Galaxy.

The first half looked sketchy and the team was out of sync.
    Once they got a goal they seemed better. Gio woke up in the 2nd half.
    Romain was beastly off the bench.

The Galaxy defense is still horrendous multiple times during the match.
    Still need help there.

Was the Crew bad, or are the Galaxy finding their form?

3 points are nice.

Team LGK
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    742 Post(s)

I wish I'd recorded yesterday's match. There are so many things I'm curious about:

1) The early foul called in on Ibra in the 18: did Abubakar flop? The reaction of all the players and the ref seems to say maybe so? Or maybe it was just all trash talk? In any case, this play seemed to set the tone for much of the rest of the match.

2) The referee halted a Galaxy advantage to award a free kick. What gives? TBH, I don't think this officiating crew had the best match, but I tend to over-blame the officials most of the time.

3) Good thing the VAR gave the Galaxy a much-needed wake-up call about playing the full 90.

4) I would like to track Romney for the match. Honestly, I can't recall what he did defensively, but his service was much worse Saturday than it was when he was in midfield on Wednesday. I thought Hilliard-Arce was good and very active on Wednesday, so I'm curious why the switch was made. I guess I could look this up. Maybe it was just an experience call against a presumably tougher side on Saturday?

5) Should that have been a penalty for the Galaxy when Abubakar took down Gio (I think it was Gio, at least)? In any case, Abubakar had a really terrible day, maybe one of the worst performances I've seen. Not sure why the guy was left in for the whole match.

6) Is Columbus this physical all the time? Maybe this is a Berhalter influence? Anyway, they seemed to try to get away with as much as possible. Again, maybe I'm overreacting. I think it works for them. Especially for Gyasi. Really miss him in a Galaxy shirt. He is a good player and seemingly a good guy as well. Also, it was good to see Hector Jimenez. True story: I have a Hector Jimenez Galaxy shirt from his rookie season. Not his shirt, but one I had made at Team LA. Already had a bunch of the other players I liked, so I went with Hector for that season. If I were smart, I'd have brought it to the match with me Saturday to try to have him sign it. Duh. Next time.

7) Did they show Ibra pull down his shorts on TV? Damn, that was funny. Why the hell is Abubakar still talking smack at that point? Ibra, Drini, and pretty much everyone else on the Galaxy took turns owning that fool for the full 90.

8) Speaking of getting owned, Skjelvik took one or two bad chances. Not as bad as Leonardo, who used to be the king of gambling on a takeaway and letting a guy run by him, but Skjelvik doesn't seem to be as good at recovering from that as Jelle was. Or maybe the MLS attackers are just getting better.

9) I thought Jona had a really good match. He seemed to mesh in well with the rest of the squad, especially with Cole, and especially on the Kamara goal. Gio probably looked as good as he has ever looked in a Galaxy shirt, but he did dribble himself into trouble a few times. This squad is far too talented for him to let that happen, IMO.

I do think the Galaxy have been playing better overall, even on defense. I think they have been a bit -- not necessarily un-lucky, but certainly not lucky. So it was good to see them collect a few good bounces for their efforts on Saturday.

A Huevo!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    100 Post(s)

Happy that LAFC is doing so well its first season. Seems I'm the only fan of theirs here?

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    878 Post(s)

Well that was unexpected.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1805 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LetTigerIn View Post
    I wish I'd recorded yesterday's match. There are so many things I'm curious about:

1) The early foul called in on Ibra in the 18: did Abubakar flop? The reaction of all the players and the ref seems to say maybe so? Or maybe it was just all trash talk? In any case, this play seemed to set the tone for much of the rest of the match.

2) The referee halted a Galaxy advantage to award a free kick. What gives? TBH, I don't think this officiating crew had the best match, but I tend to over-blame the officials most of the time.

3) Good thing the VAR gave the Galaxy a much-needed wake-up call about playing the full 90.

4) I would like to track Romney for the match. Honestly, I can't recall what he did defensively, but his service was much worse Saturday than it was when he was in midfield on Wednesday. I thought Hilliard-Arce was good and very active on Wednesday, so I'm curious why the switch was made. I guess I could look this up. Maybe it was just an experience call against a presumably tougher side on Saturday?

5) Should that have been a penalty for the Galaxy when Abubakar took down Gio (I think it was Gio, at least)? In any case, Abubakar had a really terrible day, maybe one of the worst performances I've seen. Not sure why the guy was left in for the whole match.

6) Is Columbus this physical all the time? Maybe this is a Berhalter influence? Anyway, they seemed to try to get away with as much as possible. Again, maybe I'm overreacting. I think it works for them. Especially for Gyasi. Really miss him in a Galaxy shirt. He is a good player and seemingly a good guy as well. Also, it was good to see Hector Jimenez. True story: I have a Hector Jimenez Galaxy shirt from his rookie season. Not his shirt, but one I had made at Team LA. Already had a bunch of the other players I liked, so I went with Hector for that season. If I were smart, I'd have brought it to the match with me Saturday to try to have him sign it. Duh. Next time.

7) Did they show Ibra pull down his shorts on TV? Damn, that was funny. Why the hell is Abubakar still talking smack at that point? Ibra, Drini, and pretty much everyone else on the Galaxy took turns owning that fool for the full 90.

8) Speaking of getting owned, Skjelvik took one or two bad chances. Not as bad as Leonardo, who used to be the king of gambling on a takeaway and letting a guy run by him, but Skjelvik doesn't seem to be as good at recovering from that as Jelle was. Or maybe the MLS attackers are just getting better.

9) I thought Jona had a really good match. He seemed to mesh in well with the rest of the squad, especially with Cole, and especially on the Kamara goal. Gio probably looked as good as he has ever looked in a Galaxy shirt, but he did dribble himself into trouble a few times. This squad is far too talented for him to let that happen, IMO.

I do think the Galaxy have been playing better overall, even on defense. I think they have been a bit -- not necessarily un-lucky, but certainly not lucky. So it was good to see them collect a few good bounces for their efforts on Saturday.
    I didn't record it either.
    1) From my POV I think Abubakar flopped.
    2) That was a horrible call.....why the long wait to blow the whistle? The Galaxy were rolling.
    3) Finally VAR payed off for the Galaxy. That goal would have been a dagger to the heart.
    4) I like Arce play...dunno why the change.
    5) Abubakar was playing unsettled. He was horrible.
    6) Gyasi is classy. Nice to see him come over to the fans and clap as they cheered him when he came on in warm-ups.
    7) I would love to see the replay, but seeing it live was hilarious. Ibra knows how to make statements.
    8) Skjelvik is paid too much for too little.
    9) Jona looked good as did Gio. They do dribble the ball waaaay to much. Jona had a couple of bad turn-overs as a result of holding the ball too long. Gio came alive in the 2nd half.

Hope the Galaxy can build on this one.

Team LGK
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    742 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Drop The Gloves View Post
    Happy that LAFC is doing so well its first season. Seems I'm the only fan of theirs here?
    I don't really follow them. One of my friends is a STM, so I get the updates from him at our weekly breakfast. I'm glad that Bradley has a little shine on him after his stint at Swansea.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1805 Post(s)

Word is that the Galaxy tried to offload Gio to at least two Liga MX clubs before and during his world cup run.

No takers.

Boy has his stock fallen.

Team LGK
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    742 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Moog View Post
    Word is that the Galaxy tried to offload Gio to at least two Liga MX clubs before and during his world cup run.

No takers.

Boy has his stock fallen.
    Maybe that's what lit a fire under his butt Saturday.

Do or Do Not!
    Images
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    940 Post(s)

Caught my first LAFC game over the weekend (on tv). Loved the team. Great play. Blessing is great.

I am the Monkey King, I can do Anything.