Team LGK
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    691 Post(s)

Galaxy reportedly close to record deal with Zlatan Ibrahimovic

Says he may be ready for playoffs if he shows up, but that relies on the Galaxy actually making the playoffs. Hopefully, the addition of van Anholt will help.

Team LGK
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    691 Post(s)

Zlatan Ibrahimovic Reportedly Rejected LA Galaxy, Wants Manchester United Return

I don't know what to make of this situation with the Galaxy. This is at least the second time the Zlatan story has played out in exactly the same way. The needs of the club remain exactly the same as the beginning of the season: help at the back, and a bonafide striker.

The chutzpah of this Galaxy front office does not seem to be paying off for them.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    665 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LetTigerIn View Post
    Zlatan Ibrahimovic Reportedly Rejected LA Galaxy, Wants Manchester United Return

I don't know what to make of this situation with the Galaxy. This is at least the second time the Zlatan story has played out in exactly the same way. The needs of the club remain exactly the same as the beginning of the season: help at the back, and a bonafide striker.

The chutzpah of this Galaxy front office does not seem to be paying off for them.
    I don't blame him. We're awful right now anyway.

I don't trust this FO at the moment at all.

Team LGK
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    691 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ucsdguy1 View Post
    I don't blame him. We're awful right now anyway.

I don't trust this FO at the moment at all.

I actually think we could be not just good but great with Zlatan; but I don't trust this FO, either.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    665 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LetTigerIn View Post
    I actually think we could be not just good but great with Zlatan; but I don't trust this FO, either.
    Despite Zlatan being "the one", I wouldn't even trust his body with MLS travel, grind and physicality to hold up. But you can't deny his scoring prowess and the effect he'd have on teammates. Can't blame the guy for wanting another go with Man U though.

The FO - did they really think this team, and this depth was going to work? And if so, what the #%*(& are they smoking? We'll see how Pele is, and it's shocking they're still potentially in the playoff race. But it better get corrected and fast or LAFC is going to start printing money..

Team LGK
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    691 Post(s)

• I really love that Ashley Cole is on the Galaxy. I hope he has more seasons in him and that he wants to spend them here.

• I think Onalfo deserved a fair shake as manager before judgment, especially with the injury woes (and other roster problems) that he inherited, but he deserves a large share of the blame for dropping points Saturday. To be fair, I know little about soccer tactics, but it seems prudent to bunker down a little more knotted at 2 late in a road game.

• I like Diallo's game a lot. It makes the signing of the von Anholt a little suspect. If Diallo can hold off Pele or if Pele can beat out Diallo, either way, I think they may be in better shape at right full back than I thought.

• It still looks a lot from the outside like we gave up De La Garza just for the honor of having Zlatan laugh in our face. I don't think that's a good swap. Good thing we had a back-up plan.

• Colorado has a game in hand on us and could leapfrog us in the standings. I hope it doesn't happen, but, hey, we'll still be better than expansion-team Minnesota in the west.

• Did I mention I am a fan of Ashley Cole? I won his warm-up from Kings night in the charity auction. It's one of my favorite things right now, because it evokes my three favorite teams: the L.A. Kings, the L.A. Galaxy and Chelsea FC. It's even autographed by Ashley. Honestly, it doesn't look very good, but it's still going to look amazing in a shadow box on my wall.