All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1042 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Moog View Post
    TRAINING UPDATE: Larry Morgan reporting that no Zlatan, Alessandrini, or Lletget it today’s training session.
    https://twitter.com/GalaxyPodcast/st...42758083620864

All Star
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2143 Post(s)

Sebastian Lletget says he’s go to go for Saturday. He’s going to be wearing a mask to shield his broken nose.
    https://mobile.twitter.com/AdamSerra...23091404713984

All Star
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2143 Post(s)

GBS stated today that he expects Zlatan to be out for another week, and Romain to be back in training next week.

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1042 Post(s)

Good result, but I’m still very fearful for how many times the defense and Bingam may let us down this year. But a win without zlatan and romain I’ll take every time

All Star
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2143 Post(s)

Amazing to see this team play possession ball.
    The midfield was outstanding. I have not seen Galaxy play this type of game in a long time.
    Perhaps we are seeing the beginnings of GBS possession game like he had with Boca Juniors.

....David was asleep on that first goal by Minn.

Three points we took in which we probably had no business taking.
    I’ll take it!

Team LGK
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    784 Post(s)

I was heartened as soon as I looked at the lineup and saw that Antuna was up front instead of Pontius. I had a feeling before the match that Antuna would score, and though he didn't, I liked his energy in creating a little pressure. That seemed to work well to help keep Pontius fresher, too.

I would have been very concerned if they lost that match, but they really dominated. Now, they just need to maintain the same intensity and focus for the full 90.

Back when Beckham first showed up, my feeling was the rest of the team stood around watching him too much, and it was when Beckham went down with the Achilles injury that the club really re-discovered their form as individuals and a unit. So, when Beckham returned to the team, there was a real team to which he could return. This match kind of gave me that vibe.

The best part of the match, by far, though, is that my mom has dubbed Minnesota United FC as "the unfortunate birthmark team" after their shirt sponsor and the famous Far Side.

All Star
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2143 Post(s)

Good news: Romain spotted at training yesterday.

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1042 Post(s)

Zlatan's NCAA bracket

All Star
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2143 Post(s)

Guillermo Barros Schelotto says Zlatan Ibrahimovic is expected to be ready for Portland Timbers

LOS ANGELES – LA Galaxy head coach Guillermo Barros Schelotto told reporters on Thursday that Zlatan Ibrahimović will return to training next week with an eye toward appearing in next week’s match vs. the Portland Timbers.

Ibrahimović has missed the last two matches due to an Achilles injury he tweaked during the Galaxy’s regular-season opener against Chicago Fire. With two weeks to prepare for Portland, Schelotto chose to rest his star forward during the international break with the plan to return him to the training field next week.

“We give him one week more to stay out and recover to be 100 percent when we start training on Tuesday,” Schelotto said. “I think he’ll be ready for Portland.”

Schelotto also told reporters that Romain Alessandrini is expected to return to full training later this week, while Juninho is expected to be available for selection for March 31.
    https://www.lagalaxy.com/post/2019/0...ready-portland

All Star
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2143 Post(s)

Another CB in the house!!!

https://us.as.com/us/2019/03/24/futb...09_716033.html

Google Translation:

The negotiations between LA Galaxy and Bologna came to good terms and the Costa Rica team will leave the Serie A to play the 2019 season with the MLS franchise. Giancarlo González will travel to Los Angeles on Wednesday the 27th to present himself at the team's facilities in the galaxy. According to Sky Sports, Gonzalez will play in the Zlatan team for three seasons and will be presented next week, just missing the medical exams, which is why he will travel to North America on Wednesday. The main reason for the transfer occurred, is that since Sinisa Mihajlovic arrived at the helmsman of Bologna the center was relegated to the bench; besides having two young promises of the team occupying their position. From April he will be in charge of giving order to the defense of the team of Barros Schelotto, besides being the piece that the Argentine strategist needed to have a powerful team in all the lines Numbers in the last season with Bologna The central defender has only played 10 games in Serie A in the 2018/19 season where he contributed with one goal and has a yellow card; while in Copa it has two games played. In total it has 850 minutes of activity in both competitions. Passed in the MLS The World Cup player for Costa Rica already knows the United States league, since before starting his journey through the old continent he played just over 5 months with the Columbus Crew. In his time with the Ohio team played 17 games, all local, and collaborated with a goal.