Thread: All Things: LA Galaxy, LAFC and MLS

All Star
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2200 Post(s)

Ok then, Jona should be the one to renegotiate himself to the TAM contract. If Jona believes in his brother so much, then let him drop his DP spot for his brother.

NO reason why Romain should renegotiate his DP spot. No way!

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    94 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Moog View Post
    Ok then, Jona should be the one to renegotiate himself to the TAM contract. If Jona believes in his brother so much, then let him drop his DP spot for his brother.

NO reason why Romain should renegotiate his DP spot. No way!
    This prob goes back to the back to Klein and co, hopefully they keep Allesandrini(Sp)

All Star
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2200 Post(s)

Stejskal: LA Galaxy attempting to restructure Giovani dos Santos' contract

The LA Galaxy are trying to restructure Giovani dos Santos’ contract so that he won’t count as a Designated Player in 2019, sources told MLSsoccer.com on Thursday.

The Galaxy currently have four DPs on their roster in dos Santos, his brother Jonathan dos Santos, Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Romain Alessandrini. They need to cut that number to three before the start of the season to be compliant with MLS rules.

To do that, LA are attempting to convince dos Santos to take a new deal that will allow the club to buy his salary down with Targeted Allocation Money. That would require dos Santos to take a pay cut from the $6 million he made in 2018 to a maximum of $1.5 million, the ceiling for players who are eligible to be bought down with TAM. To compensate for the lost wages, the sources said that LA would extend dos Santos’ contract, which is currently set to expire at the end of this year.

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2019/...antos-contract

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    94 Post(s)

catastrophe if they lose romain instead of gio or jona

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1100 Post(s)

To compensate for the lost wages, the sources said that LA would extend dos Santos? contract, which is currently set to expire at the end of this year.
    So they're going to pay him a lot of money to sit on the bench for a few more years?

All Star
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2200 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ucsdguy1 View Post
    So they're going to pay him a lot of money to sit on the bench for a few more years?
    That'show I'm reading it.
    My understanding is that if AEG wanted to buy him out, Gio has to agree to it. If he does not agree, then no buyout.

Then again, Gio has to agree to this restructure as well. Seems like Gio holds all the cards.

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1100 Post(s)

That'show I'm reading it.
    My understanding is that if AEG wanted to buy him out, Gio has to agree to it. If he does not agree, then no buyout.

Then again, Gio has to agree to this restructure as well. Seems like Gio holds all the cards.
    And some added leverage with Jonathan on his side.

If they want to pay him for a few extra years to sit and it opens up another DP slot? And he agrees? I'm in some weird way kind of okay with it, if it doesn't destroy team chemistry......I do have a hard time believing though he'd ever agree to a lesser salary like that, unless it all evens out over the extra years. If I'm Gio i'm saying wait I can make my full salary this year, then go sign a new contract somewhere next season for additional funds. But you just want me to stretch the same current year salary across 3 more years? Of course is he says no and they lose Alessandrini, then you're basically committing yourself to working for an organization and fan base that is unhappy with you
    Last edited by ucsdguy1; February 8th, 2019 at 09:56 AM.

All Star
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2200 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ucsdguy1 View Post
    And some added leverage with Jonathan on his side.

If they want to pay him for a few extra years to sit and it opens up another DP slot? And he agrees? I'm in some weird way kind of okay with it, if it doesn't destroy team chemistry......I do have a hard time believing though he'd ever agree to a lesser salary like that, unless it all evens out over the extra years. If I'm Gio i'm saying wait I can make my full salary this year, then go sign a new contract somewhere next season for additional funds. But you just want me to stretch the same current year salary across 3 more years? Of course is he says no and they lose Alessandrini, then you're basically committing yourself to working for an organization and fan base that is unhappy with you
    Yea, I don't understand, as a person on a team, why Gio would do this? Does he really want to sit in a locker room with the rest of the team, knowing that
    He is the guy who got Romain punted from the club?
    He is the guy who forced Romain to lose his DP spot for a TAM deal?
    He is the guy who has cared so little for the club for years now, and wants to take the clubs coin stretched out over years and not play?

A lot of the guys on this club are hungry and competitive, (see Ibra, to say the least), I can't imagine the tension in the locker room and at training.

Why would Gio want to be a cancer?

.....or are we now supposed to believe that Gio has had a "come to Jesus moment" and will play with all his heart and effort for GBS and the Galaxy in 2019 ?

That's a bridge too far.

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1100 Post(s)

Yea, I don't understand, as a person on a team, why Gio would do this? Does he really want to sit in a locker room with the rest of the team, knowing that
    He is the guy who got Romain punted from the club?
    He is the guy who forced Romain to lose his DP spot for a TAM deal?
    He is the guy who has cared so little for the club for years now, and wants to take the clubs coin stretched out over years and not play?

A lot of the guys on this club are hungry and competitive, (see Ibra, to say the least), I can't imagine the tension in the locker room and at training.

Why would Gio want to be a cancer?

.....or are we now supposed to believe that Gio has had a "come to Jesus moment" and will play with all his heart and effort for GBS and the Galaxy in 2019 ?

That's a bridge too far.
    I'm assuming Gio will be something like "well hey, I have a contract. They're the ones who gave it to me"

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    94 Post(s)

Yeah, I don't see Gio giving up the coin. Can the Galaxy just cut him or relegate to the development team?