All Star
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1971 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LetTigerIn View Post

I really hope this is not true. I like Berhalter, and I think he's doing a good job with the Crew. Obviously, he has a good history with the Galaxy, but this is exactly the problem. If this is more than just a rumor, it goes to show exactly why the Galaxy are stuck in the mud right now. Klein, Vagenas, Schmid, Berhalter: they have all done a lot for this franchise as players and manager, but we do not need to get the band back together. The MLS has moved forward, and the Galaxy must move forward, too, with a manager who represents progress and not just nostalgia.
    Wholeheartedly agree!!!

The MLS "game" has changed significantly in the past 2-3 years. The G's are stuck (in the past).

All Star
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1971 Post(s)

Well it appears the Front Office is taking pretty much zero responsibility for this season's disaster. I'm shocked!!! [sarc]
    I really wish the Front Office would get the boot...all of them. Start fresh for next season.

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    958 Post(s)

So....how long before his name floats.....

All Star
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1971 Post(s)

^^ Meh....No thanks. I think he is decent, but not great in terms of being a coach, and a manager of assets.

I'd rather they go after Guillermo Schelotto. Sure that's a bit out of the G's front office way of thinking, but I think he would be just what the Dr. ordered.

In the end I bet the G's get Berhalter.

All Star
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1971 Post(s)

Blow the whole team up and start over.

Save less than a handful of players.

Another game where an unbelievable amount of goals end up in the Galaxy net.

Dom can’t plug holes in this Titanic.

Team LGK
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    760 Post(s)

That 500th by Zlatan, though

All Star
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1971 Post(s)

That 500th by Zlatan, though
    Amazing.

Sadly, this guys talent, (even at his age) is completely wasted on this club.
    It's a shame.

Maybe, just maybe, next year they can field a team that can put his talents to use.
    Not holding my breath.

Team LGK
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    760 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Moog View Post
    Amazing.

Sadly, this guys talent, (even at his age) is completely wasted on this club.
    It's a shame.

Maybe, just maybe, next year they can field a team that can put his talents to use.
    Not holding my breath.

I will admit I was totally wrong about Zlatan Ibrahimovic. I bristled at the thought that the Galaxy were even trying to get him, when we had so many other deficiencies. Well, to be fair to myself, I was right that there were other things we needed to address, but I vastly underestimated the pure joy that comes from watching Ibra ply his craft on the pitch. I agree it's a shame that the Galaxy are squandering his gifts.

Plus, it seems like Ashley Cole could finish his Galaxy tenure without hoisting the MLS Cup, which, as both an Ashley Cole and Galaxy fan, I find to be a shame. The past two seasons, in particular, have been a resurgence for him. I hope they sign him for one more season, for purely selfish reasons.

All Star
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1971 Post(s)

I will admit I was totally wrong about Zlatan Ibrahimovic. I bristled at the thought that the Galaxy were even trying to get him, when we had so many other deficiencies. Well, to be fair to myself, I was right that there were other things we needed to address, but I vastly underestimated the pure joy that comes from watching Ibra ply his craft on the pitch. I agree it's a shame that the Galaxy are squandering his gifts.

Plus, it seems like Ashley Cole could finish his Galaxy tenure without hoisting the MLS Cup, which, as both an Ashley Cole and Galaxy fan, I find to be a shame. The past two seasons, in particular, have been a resurgence for him. I hope they sign him for one more season, for purely selfish reasons.
    "If" Cole come back for one more, I would like him to really only play a "wingback" position where he is allowed to run "amok" and be more offensive minded positionaly.
    I like the guy too, but I feel he is too old to be a full blown defender. He gets beat quite often.

I only hope and pray the G's can rid themselves of 2 of the 3 DP spots. I know that will be hard to do as there will be no takers for the brothers at their contract and their level of play.....but I can still dream!

Team LGK
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    760 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Moog View Post
    "If" Cole come back for one more, I would like him to really only play a "wingback" position where he is allowed to run "amok" and be more offensive minded positionaly.
    I like the guy too, but I feel he is too old to be a full blown defender. He gets beat quite often.

I only hope and pray the G's can rid themselves of 2 of the 3 DP spots. I know that will be hard to do as there will be no takers for the brothers at their contract and their level of play.....but I can still dream!

That's how Cole is most effective anyway. He's been great going forward this season. And his strength defensively is more in his ability to recover and also support other players, so not much changes there. They really need someone who can keep the back organized at all times, though. Cole is not that guy, especially, if he's all the way up the pitch.