Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    All Star
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1993 Post(s)

Sporting KC game was tough to watch. Hit the wood 3 times and no goals. Crazy.

Still feel Galaxy defense is lacking significantly. Would love to shore up that area.

Zlatan brought some life and urgency to the team when he entered the game, but it was too little too late.
    Also felt like they were trying to feed him the ball, or play off him too much in the attack.
    I think when they get used to him, and him to the team, they will play more cohesively on the attack.

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    959 Post(s)

Zlatan to be on jimmy kimmel next Tuesday

or should I say, Jimmy Kimmel's show to appear on the Zlataniverse

All Star
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1993 Post(s)

Nice goal by Zlatan. Nice win over the Fire.

Still think Zlatan is far from game shape, however.

All Star
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1993 Post(s)

Atlanta United is surely a "complete" team.

They really exposed the Galaxy weak mid-field and defense.

I'm sure the Galaxy would have been better if both Dos Santos bros. played 90 min, but with J. out and Gio only in for a few minutes, it was rough.
    Steres was just horrible.
    Alessandrini looks like a fish out of water. I dunno what's going on with him.

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    959 Post(s)

the fact that it was only 1-0 late into the game, a questionable non-penalty, and then some, was a miracle

Team LGK
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    761 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Moog View Post
    Atlanta United is surely a "complete" team.

They really exposed the Galaxy weak mid-field and defense.

I'm sure the Galaxy would have been better if both Dos Santos bros. played 90 min, but with J. out and Gio only in for a few minutes, it was rough.
    Steres was just horrible.
    Alessandrini looks like a fish out of water. I dunno what's going on with him.

Alessandrini's service was mostly terrible against Atlanta. Hopefully it was just an off day.

With Steres continuing to start, it makes me wonder what is going on with Ciani.

I also think Carrasco has been brutal. Not sure why. Before him, Husidic was mostly invisible. For most players in his position, that might be considered a positive thing, but having been a fan of Husidic in past seasons, I think he is having a better game when you notice his contributions. In either case, the absence of Jona seemed to have an impact.

I knew Atlanta would be a tough opponent, and I am generally filled with dread when Baldomero Toledo is assigned to a Galaxy match; but it was little relief for my frustration, even so.

I hope Gio and Jona are both available against Red Bulls. Galaxy certainly could use them.

All Star
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1993 Post(s)

Only thing worse than the officiating during the Galaxy V Red Bulls match was the non-existent defense of the Galaxy.

A goal in the 6th minute?!?!?! Then another right after the start of the first half?!?!

Zlatan is right, the team has got to get in a position where they are not playing from behind.

New formation seemed better. I think it will be even better when both Dos Santos Bros. play.

Boateng....sucks that he is now the odd man out with Zlatan joining the club. The speed he brings up the flank is really missing on the attack.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    325 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Moog View Post
    Only thing worse than the officiating during the Galaxy V Red Bulls match was the non-existent defense of the Galaxy.

A goal in the 6th minute?!?!?! Then another right after the start of the first half?!?!

Zlatan is right, the team has got to get in a position where they are not playing from behind.

New formation seemed better. I think it will be even better when both Dos Santos Bros. play.

Boateng....sucks that he is now the odd man out with Zlatan joining the club. The speed he brings up the flank is really missing on the attack.
    Hmmm!!! Sounds a lot like another so cal team this past season.

Team LGK
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    761 Post(s)

The officiating was bad, but not as bad as I thought from watching the match in person. All the really close and big calls just went against the Galaxy, which was terrible. Allen Chapman is still on my crap referee list, though. He showed his hand when he stopped the game early on just so he could flex on Alessandrini. It ain't about you, dud. Worse than Toledo.

I agree with Sigi that if the refs are keeping the cards tucked away, G's should foul early on the counter, since they're going to get a steady diet of nothing but that, probably, all season.

FWIW:

- Zlatan was *not* offside. Close, but fairly clear, IMO.
    - The ball went off Romney's back and should not have been a penalty. Close, but not clear at all, so really Romney's damn fault for throwing up his arms.
    - I thought Steres' karate chop on Luis Robles cost us a possible penalty, as a Bulls player handles the ball as it comes off Robles. In the stadium, I did not see the chop, but it's clear the refs got it right on TV.
    - The Galaxy offense was really fun to watch most of the time.
    - I still miss De La Garza, and I think the Galaxy does as well, but that's speculation.
    - Really hope Ciani can stay healthy.

All Star
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1993 Post(s)

File this under "Drives me nuts!" :

Why doesn't StubHub show a replay of the opposing team goal(s)?

It's maddening, and there is no excuse for it.