All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1027 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Moog View Post
    The @LAGalaxy have finally completed the deal to acquire Costa Rican defender Giancarlo Gonzalez from Italian club Bologna. Gonzalez will be with the team this week.

https://twitter.com/kbaxter11/status...63359957258240

All Star
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2131 Post(s)

COG reported that Giancarlo Ganzalez was training today on the side....with the G's.

All Star
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2131 Post(s)

I'm told that as part of deal to acquire D Giancarlo Gonzalez, #lagalaxy is sending $400k in TAM (300k in 2019, 100k in 2020) to Orlando City for No. 2 spot in allocation order. #OCSC will also get No. 11 spot. I'm hearing that #TFCLive is involved in deal with LA as well.

https://twitter.com/JeffreyCarlisle/...813141506?s=09

All Star
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2131 Post(s)

That Galaxy midfield!!

Keeping the Diggs a fortress!

Zlatan proving again he is a beast.

A couple defensive mishaps, but that will clear up with Gonzales.
    Rolf going down is gonna force a shift of some kind in the back line.

Let’s get some payback on Friday!

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1027 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Moog View Post
    That Galaxy midfield!!

Keeping the Diggs a fortress!

Zlatan proving again he is a beast.

A couple defensive mishaps, but that will clear up with Gonzales.
    Rolf going down is gonna force a shift of some kind in the back line.

Let’s get some payback on Friday!
    So yes another win. I still feel like as good as Zlatan is we're always one minute away from injury and can't rely on him scoring 2-3 goals a game. But you can't argue with results. Midfield was strong, I saw some possession where I'm thinking "geez what team is this??". Love it.

Man as much as I would love him to start, it's so nice having Boateng be a sub you can bring on who's going to speed things up and tire out opposing players.

All Star
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2131 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ucsdguy1 View Post
    So yes another win. I still feel like as good as Zlatan is we're always one minute away from injury and can't rely on him scoring 2-3 goals a game. But you can't argue with results. Midfield was strong, I saw some possession where I'm thinking "geez what team is this??". Love it.

Man as much as I would love him to start, it's so nice having Boateng be a sub you can bring on who's going to speed things up and tire out opposing players.
    I hear ya. Zlatan is just one injury away from a season disaster. Galaxy need to pickup a strong mid-fielder that can play the role of striker if needed if/when Zlatan goes down or needs rest.

Antuna is starting to sour on me. Don't get me wrong, he's not horrible, but he's akin to Boateng. He's great with speed, but no finish. However I feel Emma may have an edge on him in that the dude can dribble with speed, whereas Antuna cannot.
    I've been waiting to see some finish on Antuna, but it has yet to be seen.

Romain is way out of sorts. He is off his game. Either rusty, or trying too hard. G's need Romain to get his game back.

Jonathan is fantastic.

All Star
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2131 Post(s)

Well, Polenta saved the day! 3 more points at home. Keeping the home fortress strong.

The penalty on Galaxy was just plain dumb. Zlatan is right, why have VAR if they don't look at it. Clearly that was a bad call.

Not the prettiest of matches, but a win is a win.

Sorry to say this, but Romain needs to be a TAM player next year....if here at all. Too many games lost to injury, and sub-par performance this year. He's not DP quality.
    Love his heart and his urgent play, but the facts are what they are.

Rolf, Emma, Romain, Pontius.....dropping like flies.
    Oh well.

On to the Loons!
    Last edited by Moog; April 22nd, 2019 at 09:58 AM. Reason: forgot about pontius

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1027 Post(s)

I am with you on Romain. It wasn't "oh crap he's injured" it was "well that didn't take long".

Sweet header from Polenta. I spit out some gefilte fish yelling on that one..

Team LGK
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    778 Post(s)

Araujo really blossomed within the span of a week. I thought he had a very nice game. When Rolf first got injured last week, I was not particularly impressed with Araujo. His first touch never seemed to be that good, and he had a couple of bad giveaways. With Gonzalez coming in but Steres playing well, I wondered if we didn't have more need at right back than center back. I don't have that concern now as long as we have either Feltscher or Araujo available to play there.

I continue to like Antuna a lot as well. If only his finishing touch were as deadly as his dribble.

Ema looked a little lost having to come in cold for Alessandrini. I can't recall, but did GBS later have Ema and Antuna swap sides? Whatever the case, Ema settled in fairly well, but he did show why he's best used as a late sub but still suitable for longer stints when needed.

Moog, I hear you about Romain. It's heartbreaking that he can't stay healthy. He really earned his spot as a fan favorite. When he came to the team, he honestly looked like the only one interested in scoring. I hope he will be an integral part of the Galaxy in a successful campaign.

This has been an entertaining team to watch now, at least. They definitely have some chemistry going on, leading to some creative and entertaining connections. Individually, most have seemed to find themselves as well. It makes one wonder between knowing their individual roles on the squad and finding their individual strengths, which came first?

Steres has been having a good campaign so far and making an argument to stay on the pitch even with Gonzalez arriving. Joe Corona has also been like a secret weapon for the Galaxy, and he may be really the key cog in allowing Jona to have such a great start as well.

So, now I wonder who gets the nod at midfield if Romain, Pontius and Ema are all unavailable. Juni? Carrasco?

Okay, enough rambling for now. At least so far it looks like sexy football is back!

All Star
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2131 Post(s)

^^ Agreed. The Galaxy are missing a "scoring" mid-fielder that could step in for Zlatan, or in situations such as this where the injuries are piling up.

The mid-field is locked in and solid.
    The defense is VASTLY improved over last year and continues to improve and should only get better.
    Goaltending is improved as the defense in front has made things easier.

.....up front is another issue. Zlatan is the Lion, and scores more often than not, however the team needs other options to make the attack that much more dangerous.
    I wish Antuna could convert. We need that one more missing offensive piece up front. Perhaps in the summer window.

Meanwhile the team is clicking.