All Star
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2165 Post(s)

Horrific.

GBS made his first big screw-up of the season by starting the same group for this match.

It's time to play Gonzales. It's time for Rolf and Skjelvik to ride the pine.

What happened to Lletget? Dude has no idea what to do when he has the ball. No attack, no threat.
    That midfield without JDS, is a mess.
    Sure Romain looked a bit rusty, but boy, without him we lost a significant threat on the attack.
    No Romain, No Kamara, no creativity.

So the plan is to cross into Ibra...fine. That should work except......

Can anybody on this team make a decent cross into the box?!?!?!

I hope Favio can bring some offensive magic, and I hope Gonazles can solidify the back line.

We sure could use Alvarez and Araujo.

I don't feel too good about Sat. match against NYFC.

Team LGK
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    794 Post(s)

I think the back line suffered from Jona leaving. Corona seemed to want to provide some direction once Jona was out that the back 4 apparently did not heed. Not sure if Corona was right or wrong, but he sure was frustrated!

I consider Feltscher and Skjelvik still to be better options than Araujo and Traore, though I am really high on Araujo for sure. I'd love to see how (Efrain) Alvarez and Araujo can possibly combine together on the right. They both seem like they could be key parts of the Galaxy for a long time. Feltscher needs to get his crosses in order, though, or the other advantages he have won't matter.

If (Favio) Alvarez proves a good fit as a #10 , that may help Lleget, as he'd be on the right again. I agree he hasn't looked comfortable when he's had to be in the middle.

I have a bad feeling about Saturday as well. It's probably because the Galaxy did not just lose two road matches; they did so to two struggling teams. Also, it's the third of three games in 8 days. Also, they did not show particularly good form in the first two of those games. I really hope they take this bad feeling away quickly Saturday, especially because, so far, this has been the exciting home team that hasn't been around since Keane left.

All Star
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2165 Post(s)

Jonathan dos Santos was taken off due to injury in the 41st minute of LA Galaxy's 3-1 loss to Columbus Crew on Wednesday, raising doubts about his availability for Mexico in the Gold Cup this summer, but sources have told ESPN FC that the injury isn't serious.

Dos Santos took a hit to his left hamstring during the game and felt a tightening in the muscle. He was then taken off as "precaution" to prevent any further aggravation.

The former Barcelona player will go for tests on Thursday to find out whether the midfielder will be available for Galaxy's clash against New York City on Saturday, although there's no major concern over the midfielder's availability for the Gold Cup.

The 29-year-old midfielder has become an important figure for Galaxy this season and is expected to play a leading role for Mexico at the Gold Cup under Gerardo "Tata" Martino, especially with reports suggesting Porto midfielder Hector Herrera could miss out.

The Galaxy sit in second place in the Western Conference, but has lost its last two games.
    http://www.espn.com/soccer/la-galaxy...ld-cup-sources

All Star
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2165 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LetTigerIn View Post
    I think the back line suffered from Jona leaving. Corona seemed to want to provide some direction once Jona was out that the back 4 apparently did not heed. Not sure if Corona was right or wrong, but he sure was frustrated!

I consider Feltscher and Skjelvik still to be better options than Araujo and Traore, though I am really high on Araujo for sure. I'd love to see how (Efrain) Alvarez and Araujo can possibly combine together on the right. They both seem like they could be key parts of the Galaxy for a long time. Feltscher needs to get his crosses in order, though, or the other advantages he have won't matter.

If (Favio) Alvarez proves a good fit as a #10 , that may help Lleget, as he'd be on the right again. I agree he hasn't looked comfortable when he's had to be in the middle.

I have a bad feeling about Saturday as well. It's probably because the Galaxy did not just lose two road matches; they did so to two struggling teams. Also, it's the third of three games in 8 days. Also, they did not show particularly good form in the first two of those games. I really hope they take this bad feeling away quickly Saturday, especially because, so far, this has been the exciting home team that hasn't been around since Keane left.
    While true, the mid-field did not come back and support the back line much at all in this match, however Skjelvik continues to ball watch, or not mark players SOOOOO very often.
    I'd rather have the kids learn and quite possibly make some mistakes than have a KNOWN failure in Skjelvik. He is by far predictable on his failures.

Funny how Bingham has fallen apart at the exact same time the back-line is in dis-array. Coincidence?

2 teams in a row press the G's and they give up 3 goals in each match......ugh! GBS better go watch video and do some roster and play adjustments.

Team LGK
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    794 Post(s)

Your wish may be granted, @Moog. Feltscher out for Saturday. Apparently, he's been playing with a bum toe, which (I hope) explains his terrible service over the past few matches. Araujo was inexplicably left off the US U-20 team, so he's available for Galaxy.

Article also says Favio is a maybe, depending on if his paperwork is in order; and JDS is a game-time decision.

Haha! That's all that was in the article, but here's a link anyway for whoever wants to read the whole thing…

http://cornerofthegalaxy.com/2019/05...not-feltscher/

All Star
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2165 Post(s)

Yikes.
    Dropping 9 points.

I’m going to look for a silver lining, because reality sucks:
    Down 2 DPs
    Still not GBS/DTK squad.
    Work in progress
    Summer window is going to be magical
    Kids will get time to be rotated in and will help a lot
    Favio and Pipo will help out immensely when they get a few matches in them.

Team LGK
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    794 Post(s)

Not just dropping 9 points, but dropping them to struggling teams while also blemishing their heretofore perfect home record.

I wonder if the formation was merely a reaction to the injuries and/or the schedule, or if this is going to be the way it will be going forward. The players looked like they were not yet comfortable in it. Connections were not smooth, and there seemed to be a moment of hesitation each pass. Obviously, that would change if they used that formation a little more.

All Star
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2165 Post(s)

^^ I hope that's the last time we use that formation. For a team struggling to score goals of late, that's the formation GBS throws out there?!?!? That's hardly a formation that supports scoring.

How soon before we can get BOTH Alvarez boys on the pitch? Sure could use some creativity.

I hope JDS will be match ready for the Rapids game.

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1064 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Moog View Post

At this point don't rush him back early, we need him for the long term.

Team LGK
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    794 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Moog View Post
    ^^ I hope that's the last time we use that formation. For a team struggling to score goals of late, that's the formation GBS throws out there?!?!? That's hardly a formation that supports scoring.

How soon before we can get BOTH Alvarez boys on the pitch? Sure could use some creativity.

I think probably the formation was a result of (1) allowing 6 goals over the previous 2 games; (2) playing the third of three games in 8 days; and (3) Jona and Romain both being out. The sad thing is it practically forced 7 to be back at most times, and they still managed to give up goals. This squad is far better off defending by maintaining possession.

On the bright side, Gonzalez looked pretty dang good.