1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1953 Post(s)

@DelmyBarillas

^^^ Has a great video interview with Ibra. It appears that he wants to return to the Galaxy.

As far as staying in LA, Zlatan Ibrahimovic says he has “demands” that he has already addressed with the FO and that he’s feeling confident. Says that yes, other teams have expressed interest but that his sole focus is the @LAGalaxy.
    Zlatan says that part of the reason he was so frustrated after the last game of the season was because he could not comprehend what had happened (3-2 loss against Houston). Also emphasized on the fact that fans deserved a lot better and that’s what made him so upset. #LAGalaxy

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    953 Post(s)

So far I like what I hear from Zlatan. We'll see what happens.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1953 Post(s)

It appears Ibra really wants to win and be competitive....not just him but the team as well.

My conspiracy theory is that his demands are a DP spot, and the club has told him he will get it.
    In the mean time the club has to figure out which DP to drop. Sure Gio is the obvious choice, but getting rid of him/eating that kind of contract will be tough.

When push comes to shove, Ibra is more valuable to the Galaxy than any of the DP's on the roster, not to mention his value for MLS.

My 2nd conspiracy theory is that he has made demands of the FO regarding the type of team & coaching staff they will field next season.
    I'm sure he as made it very clear about the lack of defense quality on the roster, and how much he didn't care for Sigi.

Team LGK
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    759 Post(s)

Despite his public persona, Ibra has shown to be a solid team player on the pitch, sometimes to a fault, although that appeared to be better for the club in the long run. I am really looking forward to another season with him on the Galaxy. I am sure I mentioned this before, but I was skeptical of him. Well, he has proven his worth in ways I never anticipated.

Uncle Phil doesn't have to bankroll the whole league anymore, so hopefully the Galaxy can afford to burn a little cash if need be.

If Ibra is demanding a specific manager, I hope it's not Ruud Gullit. :D

I like Klein, and I'm fine with keeping him as president but insulating him from soccer operations. That reminds me: my friend and I used to just harshly scream "KLEIN!!!!!" at least once a game when he was on the pitch. It just has a great sound to it. He would smile and acknowledge occasionally.

That also reminds me: When I first started taking my mom to the matches (and she knows NOTHING about soccer), one of the first things she asked was,"Why does that guy keep passing the wrong direction?" It was Vagenas. Haha! It's great to watch sports with my mom.

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    953 Post(s)

and this: https://www.lagconfidential.com/2018...2UmeJV3CmwLbWc

Yesterday LA Galaxy President Chris Klein confirmed the club have spoken with a number of domestic and international candidates for the VP of Soccer Operations job, and today a name has emerged: Dennis te Kloese.
    . He served as director of soccer for now-defunct MLS side Chivas USA – at the time Guadalajara’s sister club – from 2005-08,
    IX to the NAY

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1953 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ucsdguy1 View Post
    I don't know all that much about the guy, however what I have read about him recently is that Kloese is the guy responsible for the recent surge of greatness of Mexico's YNT.
    Many are saying his work as Academy Director for Tigres years back is what has made Tigres so good today.

Again dunno all that much, but there are some real good things about him.