0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1104 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Moog View Post
    Add this to "Our defense is gonna rock again!"

Polenta is gone.

https://twitter.com/kbaxter11
    first comment:

I don't buy the official explanation. The club didn't want to pay him the $777K his contract called for last season and he didn't want to take a cut.

I almost forgot Juninho came back until I saw they declined his option too.

All Star
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2208 Post(s)

Zlatan Ibrahimovic agrees to rejoin AC Milan
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...chance-return/

Good for him. He always loved AC Milan.
    It will be interesting to see how he does in Serie A at 38-39 years old.

All Star
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2208 Post(s)

Welp...."As the football turns....."

Zlatan Ibrahimovic is reportedly unimpressed with the contract proposal put forward by Milan and optimism over a deal is diminishing fast.

The 38-year-old is a free agent after his contract with LA Galaxy was allowed to run down and is looking for a return to European football.

Milan had been the favourites, considering he already played at San Siro from 2010-12 and was always very enthusiastic about his love for the club.

However, Sky Sport Italia transfer expert Gianluca Di Marzio claims the Rossoneri tried to rely too much on that emotional bond and offered far less money than he would get elsewhere.

It’s claimed the original six-month contract with option for another full season changed to demands for an 18-month deal.

Other options within Serie A include Bologna, Napoli and Roma, while China and the UAE are also ready to pay big money.

Manchester United had also been interested in a reunion, as he was there from 2016 to 2018.
    https://www.football-italia.net/1472...rahimovic-hope

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1104 Post(s)

Welp...."As the football turns....."

https://www.football-italia.net/1472...rahimovic-hope
    If not Europe....I mean I get the big money in China or UAE, but it is really better than living in LA? Naturally I'm biased...

I suppose it's a moot point if the G's didn't want to pay him a lot anyway.

All Star
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2208 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ucsdguy1 View Post
    If not Europe....I mean I get the big money in China or UAE, but it is really better than living in LA? Naturally I'm biased...

I suppose it's a moot point if the G's didn't want to pay him a lot anyway.
    I HIGHLY doubt Ibra would go to China or UAE. Dude has been around the world, he knows where it's "cool" to live and where it is not.

I don't think it's necessarily about the money either, I think he wants a combination of being on a potential "winning" club and a decent money contract that shows that Zlatan is still worth significant $$.

Could he get all that in LA? Possibly, but two thing would have to make it possible 1) Zlatan believes Galaxy are contenders for MLS Cup 2) Galaxy would offer him a year with an option deal at north of $7 mill per.

#2 is my speculation considering he scored 30 goals in his second contract with Galaxy at $7 mill. A massive increase in goals over the prior contract. One would think he would demand more, and one would say it is deserved. Very few in the league score 30 goals.
    However, he is 38 going on 39.....at some point his god-like play will drop off, or he will get a significant injury. The risk to offering +$10 mill. on him from Galaxy perspective is a big risk.
    He does create revenue in ticket sales and merch, brings buzz to Galaxy, but when his wheels come off (eventually) it will be devastating to the club if they put all their eggs in the Zlatan basket.

I personally don't think Zlatan is in the "plan" being conducted by DTK and GBS. He does not fit the style of play they want. "IF" you could have him as a sub off the bench, most definitely, but Zlatan would never end his career as a sub. He wants to end his career as a starter. No doubt.
    Tough for him to find a contender, a starter role, and the $$$ all in one club outside of UAE and China.

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1104 Post(s)

is my speculation considering he scored 30 goals in his second contract with Galaxy at $7 mill. A massive increase in goals over the prior contract. One would think he would demand more, and one would say it is deserved. Very few in the league score 30 goals.
    However, he is 38 going on 39.....at some point his god-like play will drop off, or he will get a significant injury. The risk to offering +$10 mill. on him from Galaxy perspective is a big risk.
    Ibrahimovic said: “Even if I’m 35, in my mind I’m 20. I think I could play also at 50, but it won’t be down to me. The older I get, the better I get — like red wine!

“I’m a perfect example of that. The older I get, the better I play.”

All Star
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2208 Post(s)

Zlatan interview - about his time in MLS/Galaxy, cost of kids football in US, US culture vs Europe....etc

https://www.gqitalia.it/news/article...9b5291_cral2-1