Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 40484950
    Team LGK
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    794 Post(s)

LAFC has been the class of the league this season, no doubt, and the Galaxy, well, have not. But I would not be surprised to see the Galaxy come out on top, and here are three reasons why I think this will be a closer derby match than one might expect.

1) It's a derby, and frequently standings do not play a part in the competitiveness of these matches.
    2) It's not like the Galaxy do not have the players to compete. They do, and coming off an embarrassing showing in that California Clasico, you know (or at least hope) the training will be focused and spirited this week.
    3) We just got Jonathan, Antuna, Skjelvik, and Feltscher back into the lineup. A week playing together again should help them be on the same page.

On a side note, I was under the weather on Friday, so decided not to make the 2-hour trek through Friday traffic to go to the match, and I'm glad I missed it. This Friday, I took the day off, and, despite my above optimism, I'm kind of dreading it. But I'll be there.

All Star
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2167 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LetTigerIn View Post
    LAFC has been the class of the league this season, no doubt, and the Galaxy, well, have not. But I would not be surprised to see the Galaxy come out on top, and here are three reasons why I think this will be a closer derby match than one might expect.

1) It's a derby, and frequently standings do not play a part in the competitiveness of these matches.
    2) It's not like the Galaxy do not have the players to compete. They do, and coming off an embarrassing showing in that California Clasico, you know (or at least hope) the training will be focused and spirited this week.
    3) We just got Jonathan, Antuna, Skjelvik, and Feltscher back into the lineup. A week playing together again should help them be on the same page.

On a side note, I was under the weather on Friday, so decided not to make the 2-hour trek through Friday traffic to go to the match, and I'm glad I missed it. This Friday, I took the day off, and, despite my above optimism, I'm kind of dreading it. But I'll be there.
    Well, I took the hit for ya, as I was there for the Cali-Classico.
    I'll be watching the derby from my couch.

Upside: Polenta will be back. HOPEFULLY Rolf will sit and Julian will start. Add those two changes to the back line and the club "should" be better.

Do NOT start E. Alvarez.

Having Sebs and Party Boy available would be nice as well.