Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1100 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Moog View Post
    Win it on the road!!!

JDS, Pavon, Ibra, F. Alvarez, Antuna.....I hope they turn themselves up to "11" for this match. They really have not choice.

MUST play with a lead.

I feel MU will sit back for the first half. If the G's don't capitalize, they will have a tough match.

You know you have the sinking feeling MU will get a couple of counter-attack goals on the Galaxy defense.

Assuming the G's win, I say it will be 3-2.
    I'm of the opinion the league and everyone and their mother outside of Minnesota wants a Galaxy/LAFC matchup in the playoffs. 2-1 Galaxy.

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1100 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LetTigerIn View Post
    All this and Romain, too.
    please please please don't get hurt after 5 minutes and waste a sub..

All Star
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2202 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ucsdguy1 View Post
    please please please don't get hurt after 5 minutes and waste a sub..
    GBS says Romain is "30 minutes" ready.

Imagine the horror of Romain subbed in at the 67th minute, only to have the match be tied and go into additional time, with Romain fledgling along as the click tocks on.....then imagine this: Can the dude kick a penalty?!?!?

Subbing Romain is a dangerous game at this point.
    I'm not saying don't do it, but it's gonna be nail-biting time if the game is close.

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1100 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ucsdguy1 View Post
    I'm of the opinion the league and everyone and their mother outside of Minnesota wants a Galaxy/LAFC matchup in the playoffs. 2-1 Galaxy.
    Hey yo

Team LGK
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    802 Post(s)

¡El Tráfico!

All Star
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2202 Post(s)

GBS putting Gonzalez and Kitchen in the line-up was "brilliant" sorta. It was scary for a lot of the match. The Loons could have had a couple of goals in the first half. We dodged a LOT of bullets
    Gonzalez looked out of sorts and shaky, but he did pull a few big defensive saves from time to time.

That being said, parking Kitchen at the back allowed Jona and Lletget to move up, and sure enough, they both score. Who-da thunk it?!?!?
    Almost nearly a clean sheet on the road to boot!

I sincerely hope Zlatan and Pavon shook off the rust in Minnesota, because they will both need to be better in L.A.

...and was it me, or did Romain look exceptional for his small amount of time in the match?

Perhaps he gets subbed on right after the half on Thursday.

Go Galaxy!!!!

Team LGK
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    802 Post(s)

I think it was a good tactic by GBS. MNUFC is already shaky at putting the ball in the nets, so shut them down even more. I wonder if it would have been better to put Romney on the right and Polenta on the left with Gonzalez at CB, where he seems happiest, but that's the fun of second-guessing as a fan.

Kitchen was beyond solid. When I saw his name in the starting XI, my heart sank a little, if I'm being honest, and I had to remind myself that GBS had a clear plan with this back line.

Jonathan has been, by far, the best player for the Galaxy this season. He continued to be a superstar.

TBH, I'm not sure if it was just some eye trick, but Legit was frustrating me the whole match. He looked like he had two speeds: slow and walking. He just looked lethargic, and right when my frustration with him was at its peak, he scored. Even on the replay, he seemed to kind of lope in there. He was also not very good on the ball. I even thought Alessandrini might have been coming in for him, but it made sense to pull Antuna. MNUFC sagged off Antuna slightly, and it sapped him of some of his effectiveness.

I also thought Romain looked really good, but it's hard for me to tell with him how effective he actually is in the grand scheme of things. It's because of how much he's been injured and also because of how the club was when he first arrived. When Romain joined the Galaxy, he stood out in large part because he was the only Galaxy player who seemed truly interested in putting the ball toward the opposing goal. At the very least, he will consistently be in position to put the ball on target with power. How that and the rest of his game mesh with this squad are a little nebulous.

Hopefully, the Galaxy domination of El Tráfico continues Thursday. They will definitely need Zlatan to show up for that one.

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1100 Post(s)

So I had a nice long conversation with my buddy the LAFC season ticket holder (who's taking me Thursday night).

He's panicked because (a) the G's goals are exactly the kind of goals LAFC gives up. Cause some chaos, counter, chaos, score (b) Zlatan didn't look like he was trying last night, he'll be trying Thursday night
    I'm panicked because LAFC has to beat us at some point and the playoffs would be the sweetest time to do it. Plus as was mentioned, despite the tactics we easily could've given up multiple goals. We agree the galaxy theme song should be Livin on the Edge.

I would probably still use Romain as a super sub but agreed he looked good and didn't get hurt!

Hopefully this team has found enough form at the right time to make a run, Dos Santos and Pavon will continue to prove their worth, and Zlatan will be out to prove why he's Zlatan.
    Last edited by ucsdguy1; October 21st, 2019 at 09:30 PM.

All Star
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2202 Post(s)

^^ That, and the G's had a shorter time off, and shook off any rust in Minnesota, as for LAFC,.....rusty much?